Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-06-2005, 09:00 PM   #11
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

I manage to be just looking around some sites minding my own business and eventually I found a link that suggested this site for abandonware, so I checked it out and well I loved it, still am glad I found this site. k:

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 07-06-2005, 09:17 PM   #12
Spookyfish
Game freak

Well. When me and my friends found out we couldn't install anything on the laptops we borrowed from the school, we were very frustrated. Two days later, one of us found this site, and we played a lot of games without DosBox with pixels the size of our thumbs. Then I got the link, I revolutionized our gaming by understanding DosBox, and we got the administrator password for our computers... So I'm the only one who's still on Abandonia from that starting group of four .
Spookyfish is offline                         Send a private message to Spookyfish
Old 07-06-2005, 09:40 PM   #13
Triton

Vogons, when I was looking for ways to get old Dos games working.

Old 07-06-2005, 09:56 PM   #14
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

I'd been looking for UFO for quite a long time but with dial-up I couldn't get very far with my searching. After I got broadband (Yay!) I could search properly and found this site a few pages back in google. I hung around, downloading loads of games but not going on the forums. I ended up clicking on the forum button while very bored, lurked for a while, and then I registered! I hung around the games discussion forum for a while but it was the "Riddles and Brain teasers" thread that drew me out and made me a proper, well known member
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 07-06-2005, 10:04 PM   #15
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

I honestly can not remember...hmmmm...I remember my first post was when I pointed out an error in the Legend of Kyrandia: Malcolm's Revenge archive, but I don't know. Oh well, I'm here and loving it, that's all that matters!
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 07-06-2005, 10:46 PM   #16
Ioncannon
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via MSN to Ioncannon

I was looking for a good abandonware site since HOTU was pissing me off. I think I was on diskworld and I clicked the links page. There was abandonia, I lvoed the layout and the selection of games. two weeks later I found the forum button LOL. Thats how I got here...
Ioncannon is offline                         Send a private message to Ioncannon
Old 07-06-2005, 11:02 PM   #17
RituroErganesti
Forum hobbit

Cool

I'm pretty sure I was linked here from Aaron Williams' website. Aaron Williams, of course, writes the hilarious webcomic Nodwick and has one of the most bizarre fascinations with turning musical instruments into art.
RituroErganesti is offline                         Send a private message to RituroErganesti
Old 07-06-2005, 11:54 PM   #18
lethe
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by R Havell@Jun 7 2005, 09:56 PM
I'd been looking for UFO for quite a long time
I'm not the only one oh I'm not the only one...
lethe is offline                         Send a private message to lethe
Old 08-06-2005, 12:56 AM   #19
Indignus IV
Game Wizzard

Talking

Wow. I wish I could have been member 9 or something. Instead, I'm member 3642 or something

Until a month ago, I had no idea what the heck abandonware was. Now I do, and I'm loving it! I feel like I know more about Dosbox and abandonware than any other kid my age alive!
Indignus IV is offline                         Send a private message to Indignus IV
Old 08-06-2005, 02:07 AM   #20
Schabernakel-anbeter

I wonder who is member 1

Nevertheless I think I found this site while looking after old games, then I wanted to know how they work on xp and I found great helpfully people here, thats how I actually
found this forum to blah blah blah with nice guys.sometimes

:bye:
Schabernakel-anbeter is offline                         Send a private message to Schabernakel-anbeter