Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-01-2011, 10:41 PM   #101
SpiDoL
Game Wizzard

100th post! YAY!!!

I was wondering, even though it's primarily a console, it does sound a lot like a computer. After all, it was called the PC Engine in Japan. Is it possible we could start requesting, uploading, offering, and publishing TurboGrafx-16 games?

The primary reason I want to do this is because there's a port of Street Fighter II' Champion Edition for the system, and if this isn't possible, then I have to wait three more years before the Capcom Arcade Hits version can be put on the site!
SpiDoL is offline                         Send a private message to SpiDoL
Old 20-01-2011, 10:49 PM   #102
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiDoL View Post
100th post! YAY!!!

The primary reason I want to do this is because there's a port of Street Fighter II' Champion Edition for the system, and if this isn't possible, then I have to wait three more years before the Capcom Arcade Hits version can be put on the site!

Street Fighter II, and Street Fighter II Turbo are already on this site. I have to ask... how does this one differ?

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Old 20-01-2011, 11:11 PM   #103
SpiDoL
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Street Fighter II

Street Fighter II — The World Warrior is the first iteration of the Street Fighter II series, released in March 1991. The game features all the basic features that would be carried over to subsequent Street Fighter II editions. This version featured several bugs, such as Guile's infamous "invisible throw" and "Golden Stance".
The original version of Street Fighter II features a roster of eight playable characters that could be selected by the player. The roster initially included Ryu and Ken —the two main characters from the original Street Fighter game— plus six new characters from different nationalities. In the single-player tournament, the player faces off against the other seven main characters, before proceeding to the final opponents, which are four non-selectable CPU-controlled boss opponents, known as the "Grand Champions".

Street Fighter II' Champion Edition

Street Fighter II′ - Champion Edition was released in April 1992. It was the first of several updated versions of Street Fighter II (hence the Japanese title Street Fighter II Dash, a derivative of the original Street Fighter II). The main difference with The World Warrior is the four boss characters from the former becoming selectable characters (thus expanding the selectable roster to twelve), and alternate color schemes being introduced so that two players could face off using the same character. Also, much of the gameplay was revised to balance the characters out. Additionally, while in The World Warrior, matches could go up to ten rounds if there is no clear winner (at which point the game made the player lose by default); starting with Champion Edition, this was reduced to four rounds. Additionally, this was the first game to begin to differentiate Ryu and Ken's moves. The game speed of the arcade Champion Edition is slightly increased from that of The World Warrior, hence the "Dash" moniker.

Super Street Fighter II Turbo

Super Street Fighter II Turbo was released in March 1994. The main new feature in Super Turbo is the ability to perform a new type of special move called "Super Combos", with one available for each character. A Super Combo is a special move (usually a more powerful version of a character's standard special move) that can only be performed by filling out the Super Combo gauge. The Super Combo gauge is filled as the player performs regular and special moves against their opponent, which will be emptied again once a Super Combo is performed. When an opponent is defeated with a Super Combo, the background will flash yellow and red.
Other additional features are added to the gameplay in Super Turbo such the ability to "juggle" or perform a combo against an opponent falling in the air. This can be done by connecting an air combo-capable attack with another air combo attack or with a Super Combo (and vice versa). The player can also escape from a throwing or holding attack and make a safe fall, reducing the damage from the attack. Juggling first appeared in Street Fighter II′ - Champion Edition in very limited capacity.
The increased game speed from Hyper Fighting returned. The game speed this time can be adjusted on the cabinet's settings. There are a total of four speed settings, ranging from the original speed setting from Super Street Fighter II to one which is faster than Hyper Fighting.
All the characters from the previous game return along with a new character named Akuma (called Gouki in Japan), an unknown warrior who practices the same martial art style as Ryu and Ken and uses more powerful versions of their special techniques. Akuma is featured in the game as both a secret computer-controlled challenger and a playable character. If certain requirements are met, he will confront the player at the end of the single-player mode instead of the usual final match against M. Bison. He can also be selected by the player by entering a certain code in the player select screen. When selected, Akuma's name is not displayed within the game and his profile shot is silhouetted in black.
Additionally, by means of a secret code, the game allows the player to play as the Super Street Fighter II versions of the characters.
We all have different tastes, and my favorite version of the game is Champion Edition.
Old 21-01-2011, 12:25 AM   #104
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Other will likely agree with me, but I am against it. Abandonia managed to remain the pure PC games site. As soon as we open to other stuff just a little bit, entire chaos is gonna rush in. I am a big fan of C64 computer and asked similar question long time ago, but this place is not about that. Now I totaly agree with it. Keep Abandonia about PC, nice and clean. We have lot of work without spreading further.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 21-01-2011, 05:15 AM   #105
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Yep PC only, it is a pretty simple rule and we are going to be sticking to it.

If you want to get hold of the game, find a site dedicated to that kind of console. There will be one out there in the big wide world of the internet.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 21-01-2011, 10:44 AM   #106
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 View Post
Yep PC only, it is a pretty simple rule and we are going to be sticking to it.

If you want to get hold of the game, find a site dedicated to that kind of console. There will be one out there in the big wide world of the internet.
but Pc88 and PC98 for example have many Hentai-Games which we can use to get moar user.

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Old 21-01-2011, 11:47 AM   #107
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

So does PC, but so far only few of us dedicated were using those games... for other users, off course
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 26-01-2011, 06:16 PM   #108
SpiDoL
Game Wizzard

More offers:

Street Fighter Alpha (Rip and ISO)
Street Fighter Alpha 2 (Rip and ISO)

and for Abandonia Frequency:

Street Fighter II Official Arranged Soundtrack
(well known for being in the 3DO version of Super SFII Turbo and Street Fighter Anniversary Collection for PS2 & XBOX)
Street Fighter Alpha 2 Arranged Soundtrack
(The PlayStation and Saturn versions of Alpha 2 had this soundtrack, while the PC version only had the original arcade music)
Old 26-01-2011, 06:31 PM   #109
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco

Street Fighter Alpha - Warriors Dreams

[PROTECTED]
until 2013

Street Fighter Alpha 2

[PROTECTED] until 2014

Capcom has 15 Years Protection.

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Old 26-01-2011, 06:49 PM   #110
SpiDoL
Game Wizzard

In that case, I'll just upload the SFII arranged soundtrack for now. I was gonna upload the Alpha 2 soundtrack after Alpha 1 & 2 were put on the main site. I can wait though...