Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-06-2008, 01:37 PM   #161
macil2018

Default Multi-Player Support?

In the game's description on Abandonia it says;

"The multi player mode supports IPX and TCP/ IP as well as direct connection or modem."

I am yet to discover where this TCP/IP or direct connection feature is. All I see is IPX (which doesn't work at all for me on Windows XP) and dial-up modem selections. About the only chance at multi-player I have at making it work is Hot Seat.

Does anyone know how to get this game to work on Windows XP to another Windows XP machine on a LAN or over broadband internet?

(I've actually tried reading every tutorial on the internet about how to use DOS Box's IPX emulation and still couldn't get this game to work in multi-player!!)
macil2018 is offline                         Send a private message to macil2018
Old 26-06-2008, 09:00 AM   #162
D-kool
Lurker

Thumbs up The game of the strategy games

I love this game

And I am use to play it from time to time. I have an original disk bought from e-bay but i have same problem with freezing.

I will try your advises with DOSBox and I will keep you informed
D-kool is offline                         Send a private message to D-kool
Old 23-07-2008, 12:42 PM   #163
o3

There wouldn't happen to be a way to increase the window resolution above 640x480, would there?
o3 is offline                         Send a private message to o3
Old 23-07-2008, 01:45 PM   #164
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

You can run DOSBox in fullscreen mode. Alt+Enter when the program is running switches it between windowed and fullscreen.
Additionally, you can make DOSBox start in fullscreen by default. Open dosbox.conf and find a line that says fullscreen=false , then change it to fullscreen=true .

The exact size of the window can be controlled by the windowresolution= setting inside the config file. Note that this will not increase the actual resolution of the game screen, only the size it's shown at.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards

Last edited by The Fifth Horseman; 23-07-2008 at 01:47 PM.
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 24-07-2008, 09:51 AM   #165
o3

The problem is the resolution of the game screen, not DOSBox window.
o3 is offline                         Send a private message to o3
Old 24-07-2008, 11:03 AM   #166
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

In this case, it's unchangeable.
Only DOS games where you could change the resolution were some later 3D titles - Duke Nukem 3D, Quake etc.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 24-07-2008, 11:38 AM   #167
ras Moses
Lurker

Question Error

Hi,
an error occurs everytime I try to run one of the last four training missions. Same problem for some other missions from time to time, few work but then suddenly one in the middle doesnt. WTF?!
the error looks like this:
there is the initializing screen of a map(most zoomed out look on the map and loading bar)and after oading bar is ful screen freezes and over the top of it is written in red letters:

assertion failed: object_index == read.objects.GetCount()+1, file smrtfile.cpp, line 183
ABNORMAL TERMINATION

It performs some (different) error when ending the game as well, so I always have to Ctrl+F9 the dosbox

any ideas? thx
ras Moses is offline                         Send a private message to ras Moses
Old 26-07-2008, 09:05 PM   #168
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

hmm try different core settings, but if that fails, i'd try asking on dosbox forums
Old 14-08-2008, 03:25 PM   #169
hailbringer

Exclamation hailbringer

lol??
dude
the mirror isnt working
its not letting me download it
i want to download it
so can someone like fix it?!?!?!
hailbringer is offline                         Send a private message to hailbringer
Old 14-08-2008, 04:21 PM   #170
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Read the news on the front page.
Then sit down and wait.
We have made the neccesary e-mails. Rest is up to Studentis.

-- Reed Richards