Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-05-2005, 03:42 PM   #131

Quote:
Originally posted by samtam90+May 25 2005, 03:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (samtam90 @ May 25 2005, 03:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Guest@May 25 2005, 02:42 PM
:help:
hi all, I'm having some problems with the sounds.
I have an original cd-rom copy of Kyrandia 1.
the problem is, that whenever I run this game- I'm getting those weird-and-annoying sounds that aren't the game's "normal" sounds.
I can't run the CD-ROM with VDM or with dosbox.
do you guys have any idea what I can do about it (besides turning off my speakers and playing the game with no sounds at all)?

thanks.
Have you mounted the cdrom drive in dosbox? [/b][/quote]
yes.

Old 08-06-2005, 09:01 AM   #132
Magical Helper
Forum hobbit

Hello everyone! I have been away for quite some time doing this and that and I'm now ready to post again.

Let me see... the last thing I was talking about was the "Virtual Drive Creator" program and YES I was able to make it all work!!! I have now finished the game so many times, I just can't get enought of it!

I suppose most of you have noticed that the Kyrandia games and some others are not for download anymore due to the ESA or something. So hopefully everyone still has there copy.

Well time to catch up on other things, bye.
Magical Helper is offline                         Send a private message to Magical Helper
Old 14-06-2005, 07:07 PM   #133
Michael

Hi folks :bye: i want to ask a question. :help: I have a orginal cd of this game. I wonder if i can have music ? Or can the voice just come from the computer ? Thank you if u answer. k:

/Michael
Old 14-06-2005, 07:18 PM   #134
Gamefreak

What do you mean with "I wonder if i can have music?" Do you mean an additional audio-CD? Or midi-music in the game? Or don't you have a sound-card and would like to know how to hear music without it? :eeeeeh:

Old 14-06-2005, 07:48 PM   #135
MdaG
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via ICQ to MdaG Send a message via AIM to MdaG Send a message via MSN to MdaG Send a message via Yahoo to MdaG

I recently bought the CD-version of the game and realized that there was no speech. Is there a version of Kyrandia that has speech? I know Kyrandia 2 & 3 has speech, but is there a version of 1 that has it?
MdaG is offline                         Send a private message to MdaG
Old 15-06-2005, 12:39 AM   #136
Christian IV
Game freak

:bye: :bye:
Yes evidnetly there was one version an enhanced on that
Westwood released that did have voice for Kyrania I,
a earlier post by Magical Helper gave us details on this on April 17,
look back i think it is on page two of thei topic, he said:

Magical Helper.. April 17 Post.....
"Actually, there is Speech for "The Legend of Kyrandia, Book One - Fables & Fiends".

Westwood Studios released a new enhanced CD-ROM version with speech for ALL the characters in the game, and also made it compatible with early versions of Windows and of course DOS.

Since my uncle gave me the CD-ROM version of the game when it came out all those years ago, I recently stumbled upon this website and download "DOSBox" and "VDM Sound" and now I can play the wonderful CD-ROM version on Windows XP, with eveything working 100% PERFECTLY!

so there is the answer to the two recent posts about this wonderful
game, truly one of the great classics, both for game play and
for the beauty of the scenes, and colors and music. If you
want to adventure even further into the quality of this game,
you can try to get the sound card to play sound with the
old Roland Mt-32 system, from an earlier post of mine:
" I found a great old synthesizer program that plays music beutifully in
some of these old games and there is an option to select for it in the
Kyranida Games, it was called Roland MT-32 and there are some great
selections available that show how great the Roland is at making the
music sound remarkable. You can still get MT-32's on E Bay, and if they
are set up attached to an old computer (such as a Pentium 75mhz, 64mb RAM,MS-DOS 6.22) and had all audio feeds going into the main computer you can have software running set to record from the line in port of the Sound Blaster Live!. The author of this info mentions that the Pentium 75 originally was just using a Sound Blaster 16 that had the MT-32 attached to it, but they eventually got an MPU-401 unit (ISA card with a breakout box) which is compatible with many more games than with just the Sound Blaster 16 alone. He suggests getting an MPU-401 along with your Roland MT-32. I would be happy to gve anyone the link to this very
interesting resource which does have sound files for many classic games, the Quest, The Elder Scrolls Chapter One, Kings Quest number V, VI, Legend of
Kyranida I, The Secret of Monkey Island 1 and 2, Prince of Persio 1 and 2, Quest for Glory 1, IV, Rex Nebular, Space Quest Chapter 1, 3, 5, Ultima VI, and more.
The Sound does make a big differnce in game play of these classics, in my
research over the past years, I have Played most of them without sound, to
focus on the visuals, and the sound is a great adjunct!

Enjoy the magical land of Kyranida All, and good night for now.
Christian IV is offline                         Send a private message to Christian IV
Old 22-06-2005, 09:01 PM   #137
Elly Dorado

:help:

Legend of Kyrandia is a great game and I've been enjoying it a great deal, but...

I'm afraid I might be stuck but good.

I completed the Birthstone Quest in the first part of the game with not too much trouble, but I also didn't collect all 12 stones (if that is indeed the correct total).

Now, I'm completely stuck in Zanthia's Lab. I have had no trouble at all in concocting both the blue and red potions. But when I found myself having difficulty, like the wuss that I am, I consulted a walkthrough and found to my dismay, the author demanding I utilize the Topaz (yellow stone) in my inventory in making a yellow potion.

There IS no Topaz in my inventory. I cannot recall ever finding one in the first place.

I've retraced my steps all the way back to the Timbermist Woods and have searched faithfully for a Topaz, but I can't find one anywhere.

Can someone please tell me if I'm well and truly screwed? I'm not in any hurry to replay that abominable labrynth ...

Old 24-06-2005, 09:39 PM   #138
Christian IV
Game freak

:bye: :bye: :bye:
Don't give up hope, the Topaz is there, sometimes it hides
well, i have found it in the pool by the yellow tulips near the
part of the first island with the temple where you do the
gems thing to get the magic flute, but the game is random
in creating gems so they can be anywhere........i dont like
the labyrith either, be sure to drop a fire ruby in the
last room before you get int Zanthia's wood or when you try
to go back to the earlier part from her part, you get dead.

hang in there and dont despar, but do look carefully
for the topaz

Christian IV is offline                         Send a private message to Christian IV
Old 02-08-2005, 02:17 PM   #139
Magical Helper
Forum hobbit

Hello all, i'm back again and happy to help!
Magical Helper is offline                         Send a private message to Magical Helper
Old 02-08-2005, 02:34 PM   #140
Amayirot Akago
Hiya, dollface.

I love the Kyrandia games to death; I've got all three of em on CD-Rom with full speech, too Just the maze in the first one was an absolute PAIN IN THE behind. I've got a map though, in case anyone needs it.