Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-01-2008, 11:21 AM   #21
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Ok, here's another one:

"The I Of The Dragon" - A game that wants to be a lot of genres, and fails in everyone of them, leaving you with a "what the hell is this?" feeling, before you are bored into a coma: Every mission is the same: Kill all enemies and their lairs. Then, occationally, you get to build a town which apparently is very important, but it doesn't offer anything significant to the game, it's just a town that has to be defended against enemy attacks.... BOOOOORING!

Genres it wants to be:
RPG: You get XP by killing enemies and lairs, and when you level up, you get to distribute some points to your stats, or you can get a new spell. That's it... No chance of getting into the character, no plot, no story, just an endless series of "destroy all monsters" missions.

Simulator: A dragon simulator? That sounds cool... Unfortunately, it's not a sim. You are a dragon, the flying one, but there is nothing here that makes this dragon any different from any of the Mario bros.

Strategy: The world is a bunch of provinces with lame names. You can move between them as new provinces are unlocked. You can build 1 town in each of them.... Nope, there is nothing here that makes the game a strategy game. The towns are completly useless except for one thing: With a town, the enemy can't build new lairs. So what? They still can invade the province.

Add voice acting so daft it makes your head hurt. Seriously, even the worst voice acting from Ultima IX is worthy of praise and worship compared to this.

Last edited by Mighty Midget; 06-01-2008 at 11:32 AM.
Mighty Midget is offline                         Send a private message to Mighty Midget
Old 06-01-2008, 06:10 PM   #22
CorruptMylar
Abandonia nerd

Here's mine in no particular order. Note: some of these games may not the worst, just the worst experience I've had.

Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 - Looked so promising. The ability to ride the coasters was amazing. But, the simulation itself was flawed and buggy. I could never get the damn VIPs to stay in the park. And whoa to the person trying to build a simple walkway. You could go broke just try to flatten the ground just right to get a decent path.

Bard's Tale (NES) - Long time ago I played this on the NES. It was just so bland. It had no color or flavor to it. I was probably spoiled from other, better games at the time. I gave it up.

Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde (NES) - This is a famous one from the Angry Video Game Nerd series. I rented this one one summber. 90% of the game you are the weak Dr. Jekyl trying to swat bees with your useless cane and trying to use your meager jump to get over bland obstacles. Great combo of frustrating and boring.

Those are the only that stick out. I'm sure I've played worse put have since put them out of my memory forever. It's the one's you spend money on and have let down expectations for that you remember.

To the guy who mentioned Mode: I never played that one but it sticks out in my mind because it was the only game to get a single digit percent score in PC Gamer magazine. What was it like?
CorruptMylar is offline                         Send a private message to CorruptMylar
Old 06-01-2008, 10:24 PM   #23
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Just a reminder that's been mentioned, before: this isn't a thread about buggy games, or games that didn't manage to live up to their hype. This is about games so hideous they made you want to bathe in holy water and then strip your skin off and howl at the moon. Games that are incredibly bad in all respects, games that no sane human being could ever enjoy, unless they had first lost their souls forever.

Got it?
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 10-01-2008, 05:15 PM   #24
Tito
Alley Cat

Ok, I have one here that almost everybody should agree with. It is Mastertronic´s "Barbarian". The controls are just terrible. You had to use the F keys for everything, or else an extremely slow point and click interface. Having in mind this is a kind of action game, it´s just plainly stupid.

The sad thing is, being the only game I had in my first PC, I played it to the end. Thank godness then came "Loom" and "Monty Phyton Flying Circus"
Old 26-01-2008, 07:17 AM   #25
The Coop
Super Freak

Send a message via AIM to The Coop

Five worst games... hmmmmmm...

In no particular order...

* Soul Fighter (Dreamcast)- This game does so much wrong. The music sounds like it was recorded next to a speaker that was too loud, and it has a camera system that's drunk. There's also a boss that quite literally can't be beaten without cheating, a bad Sean Connery impersonator for an announcer during the very dull cinemas, an ending that makes no sense, and iffy graphics. Yeah, the frame rate stays around 60fps the whole game, but that just makes it a smooth moving turd.

* Slaughter Sport (Genesis)- Horrid and laggy controls, dull characters, really bad music, poor collision detection, really choppy animation, and of course, a very limited set of moves. It all adds up to a fun-filled migraine headache in a plastic casing.

* Contra Force (NES)- Somehow, the run n' gun legacy was turned into a flicker-filled, slow paced, shadow of its previous entries. Add in laggy controls and questionable sound quality by NES standards, and we've got a Contra game best left in a dark, dark corner of the gaming closet.

* Road Riot 4WD (SNES)- The arcade game wasn't too bad for an arcade racer. The SNES version? AHHHHHHHHH HA HA HA HAAAAAA! The supposed physics that take place in the turns are weird, the graphics are bad, the controls are worse, and the CPU cars just love to cheat. I felt gypped out of ninety-nine cents.

* Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation (Dreamcast)- Wow. Talk about taking a series in the wrong direction. The only good part of this game was its cinemas. The rest of the game is just bad. Sub-par and glitchy graphics, iffy controls and hit detection, and gameplay that gives you no clues or hints as to what in God's name you're supposed to do next. Once you get a little ways into the game, you're pretty much just abandoned. I had to use a faq to figure out half of the game, and what it told me I had to do at times made absolutely no sense. I'm honestly surprised the series didn't die with this entry.

Anyway, those are some of the worst games I've been subjected to.
The Coop is offline                         Send a private message to The Coop
Old 01-02-2008, 03:21 AM   #26
079vsa5j2xfar

Can't think of five specific games, but...

Out of all the games I have played:

1. 99% of movie licensed games sucked.
2. 89% of EA SPORTS sequels sucked.
3. 86% of 1st person shooters sucked.
4. 83% of new games in general sucked.
5. Vivendi sucks.
079vsa5j2xfar is offline                         Send a private message to 079vsa5j2xfar
Old 01-02-2008, 08:44 AM   #27
Office_Monk
Game freak

To pick worst games, I use following criteria: playability and controls.

That being said, here's my list:
5. Pit-Fighter (PC)
4. WWF WrestleMania (1990, PC)
3. International Karate (PC)
2. The Lords Of Tantrazz
1. WWE RAW (PC)
Office_Monk is offline                         Send a private message to Office_Monk
Old 09-02-2008, 02:25 AM   #28
rlbell
Game freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borodin View Post
Just a reminder that's been mentioned, before: this isn't a thread about buggy games, or games that didn't manage to live up to their hype. This is about games so hideous they made you want to bathe in holy water and then strip your skin off and howl at the moon. Games that are incredibly bad in all respects, games that no sane human being could ever enjoy, unless they had first lost their souls forever.

Got it?
MOO3

It is like those winter outfits that forklift operators sometimes wear-- a hideous combination flourescent orange and retroreflective yellow. So eye-searing that it is almost invisible. I have read novels that seemed shorter than the game manual. The user interface has such a steep learning curve that I could not be bothered to get past the third turn.

I would almost call it the Highlander2* of computer games, except that I still enjoy the original.

* A sequel so bad that you hate the original film
rlbell is offline                         Send a private message to rlbell
Old 11-05-2008, 02:00 PM   #29
I LOVE NEDDA H
Forum hobbit

first of all the gold version of dune 2000 was really woth it, because dune 2 was by far the coolest game of that kind(and the mother of c and c) and second even thought it looked similiar dune 2 it played more like command and conquer. you know this tells you someone who played many hours dune 2 on mega drive, than many hours dune 2 on pc and than dune 2000 the game rocked and still the greatest of its kind command and conquer really sucked compared to that game.... by the way strange i just got recommendation for a game called clan because that clan thingy was pretty cool in dune too lol, or every time the heart attack when the sandworm came...
i really could least here at least 30 games, were everybody would agree with me that those are the worst games ever but my memory is pretty bad i will update it when remember them lol
one of the most annoying was probably duck hunt for nes lol

Last edited by I LOVE NEDDA H; 11-05-2008 at 02:03 PM.
I LOVE NEDDA H is offline                         Send a private message to I LOVE NEDDA H
Old 12-05-2008, 03:25 PM   #30
IncognitoSOS

Don't have to many games but here are my least favorites

5. C&C Renegade

4. Age Of Empires (The entire series)

3. Journey To The Center Of The Earth

2. Destination Treasure ISland

1.The Real Stinker: UNversal Combat
IncognitoSOS is offline                         Send a private message to IncognitoSOS