LeD
Abandonia nerd

Thumbs up

How about we get shadow run in here huh? or is it still not abandonware...? k:
LeD is offline                         Send a private message to LeD
Old 23-01-2005, 04:35 PM   #12
Kon-Tiki
[BANNED]

Played the one for the Snes and the one for the Genesis. Personally, I liked the Genesis one better, but both were cool. Also played Bloodnet, which seems to set in the Shadowrun universe as well, and is available on this site.
Kon-Tiki is offline                         Send a private message to Kon-Tiki
Old 23-01-2005, 09:32 PM   #13
BlackMageJawa
Game Wizzard

Well, while looking up this 'Decker' game on HOTU, I stumbled across Uplink. Downloaded the demo, and I'm in love! Uplink ****ing ROCKS!

I don't think it's abandonware, but I would strongly advise EVERYONE to at least try the demo, if not track down a full version. Just leave a copy for me!
BlackMageJawa is offline                         Send a private message to BlackMageJawa
Old 26-01-2005, 04:10 AM   #14
Kreepah
Game freak

i thought the snes one was better. At the end of it they said they were releasing a second one they lied

it was too short also but it was utterly brilliant an unique i still play the snes to this day and shadow runs one of the games i play on it ... still
Old 26-01-2005, 10:28 PM   #15
Mikey

I much prefer the Genesis Shadowrun for the sheer depth of the game. The matrix could have been a whole game in itself. The first few times I played through it I pretty much avoided the matrix, but once I started getting into it, updated my deck, and started taking on corporate runs, I was hooked. It's great the way you can hack into a corporation and disable things like their security cameras and door locks, and then sneak in to complete your mission undetected. Or just hack in and steal information and then sell it off to a fixer.

Add to that a throughly detailed magic system, well-written dialogue even for the minor characters, completely non-linear gameplay, and actual shadowruns you can take on from any number of Johnsons in the game, and the end result is one of my favorite games ever.

The SNES version had a more involving storyline and a much bigger world to play in, but it lacked that extra bit of depth that I was so used to in the Genesis version. So to me it was a disappointment, though I can still see why others might enjoy it more. It's like comparing apples and oranges. Both are good in different ways.
Mikey is offline                         Send a private message to Mikey
Old 27-01-2005, 01:12 AM   #16
Mikey

Sorry for the double-post, but I did some searching and found that Decker actually is abandonware. The author ended his work on the project and released the source code in the hopes that someone else would pick it up.

Here's the official Decker site.

The download is available on that site.
Mikey is offline                         Send a private message to Mikey
Old 13-05-2005, 05:32 PM   #17
Lord_Scather
Forum hobbit

Decker is a great freeware Game. Spent lots 'o time Hacking. thehe...

Actually, Kosta, me's a Shadowrun Pen&Paper Game Host, too.

Maybe youre in for exchange on experience or good house-rules?

"Don't try that, Chummer. Just don't." - Talon, Street Samurai

(What we really need is a Calvin & Hobbes game)
Lord_Scather is offline                         Send a private message to Lord_Scather
Old 17-05-2005, 12:36 PM   #18
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Quote:
The SNES version of Shadowrun is brilliant.
100% agreed!!! k:
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 17-05-2005, 03:19 PM   #19
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Yeah I agree the snes version was really fun, I enjoyed it for sure, the online sequences could've been better but oh well. The genesis version wasn't that bad either, especially the online seqences, although the top down view was kinda odd.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude