Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-03-2005, 08:02 PM   #11
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

to Stroggy Me too.I like eating meat but eat something that called "Dory" "Milka" or "Mr. Milkbringer" before, and that you raised for six years.Brrr no thanks.
to BeefontheBone:I didnt said that you would die if you dont eat meat.My taunt dont eat met for almost thirty years and isnt dead too.But it is healthier when you eat meal that when you dont.The same with vegetables...(it is healthier when you eat them than when you dont)
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 06-03-2005, 08:02 PM   #12
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

I'll never give up meat, never I just like meat so much, I've heard the arguments about vegetarianism, and I still believe that you have to eat some meat in order to be healthy, even just a little, but there has to be moderation in a diet not just all one way of eating a certain food group.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 06-03-2005, 08:03 PM   #13
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

I suggest a balanced diet. I love meat (although I shouldn't eat too much of it - I just have the worst heartburn - I had ribs - lots of ribs today).

If you look at it from the evolutionary point of view - humans must eat meat. Once they didn't - that's why they had more teeth (to chew better) and a longer intestance (there's only the appendix left). So not to eat meat would be an attempt of reversing evolution. I think that's not good.

However: In the developed world people eat too much meat! You don't need to eat it every day (twice a week is more then enough).
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with being a vegetarian (it's a personal decision), but if you decide to become one you must really take care of your diet. You must eat enough proteins!

And yes, I'm against the slaughter of animals! The thing is, that people are living so unnatural anyway - we're breading animals (that otherwise wouldn't even exist - at least not in such numbers) just so we can kill them. It's basically the same as breading crops - we are eating lifeforms if we eat those too!
There is no way a human body can get enough food to survive without something (at least pontentialy alive) having to die!

Animals shouldn't be tortured. That's why it's really bad people mass produce meat - more then they can eat! I guess every time you eat meat (or anything else for that matter) you should realize that something has died - that's one of the reasons christianity started saying grace before a meal.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 06-03-2005, 08:19 PM   #14
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@Mar 6 2005, 09:03 PM

And yes, I'm against the slaughter of animals! The thing is, that people are living so unnatural anyway - we're breading animals (that otherwise wouldn't even exist - at least not in such numbers) just so we can kill them. It's basically the same as breading crops - we are eating lifeforms if we eat those too!
There is no way a human body can get enough food to survive without something (at least pontentialy alive) having to die!
Hmmm this reminds me of the part in "the restaurant at the end of the universe" where Arthur is introduced to an animal designed to be eaten, and the animal itself sees no problem at all with that. That was quite a disturbing scene.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:30 PM   #15
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Not really. That animal was genetically enhanced, to enjoy being eaten!
So if you got to eat something at least eat something that wants to be eaten.
I mean - if I'd have to kill someone (I hope there NEVER comes to a situation in which I'd have to do it - it would really have to be something extreme) and I'd have the choice to kill someone who wants to kill himself or someone who wants to live - I'd chose the first guy.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 06-03-2005, 08:47 PM   #16
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@Mar 6 2005, 09:30 PM
That animal was genetically enhanced, to enjoy being eaten!
And you did not find that disturbing?
Old 06-03-2005, 09:29 PM   #17
Puffin
Abandonia Homie

I eat meat. But I love vegetables. Especially lettuce!! I can't get enough of lettuce and all sorts of salads..

I don't like horse meat. Just something I developed when I was 10 and head over heels with horseback-riding. Even though a certain horse, won't name any names (*cough*Kjarkur*cough) has treated me kinda badly by throwing me off couple of times in two days, thereby ruining my leg, I still don't eat horse meat.

But what is really important for vegetarians, is to take vitamin pills. There is stuff in meat that people need.
Puffin is offline                         Send a private message to Puffin
Old 06-03-2005, 10:19 PM   #18
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Yeah, protein. It's also in lots of beans and pulses - the things vegetarians love to eat! It's also in milk, cheese and other dairy products, which most vegetarians (but not vegans) eat, and in fish which some eat. If you ate nothing but carrots and cabbage you'd have the same level of problems as if you ate nothing but meat (well you'd probably be slightly better off) but there's nothing inherently "wrong" with vegetarianism, clearly.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 06-03-2005, 10:21 PM   #19
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

why do vegans not eat milk and stuff like that? I mean, I knew a vegan who wouldn't even drink milk or milk products even if it was milked from a cow on a farm and handed to her right after it had been pasturized. That cow's happy, so what's wrong with it? :eeeeeh:
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 07-03-2005, 12:34 AM   #20
einherjar

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=sponsor
http://maddox.xmission.com/grill.html
http://maddox.xmission.com/hatemail.cgi#PETA

I guess this sums up the case against vegetarians...