Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-05-2006, 04:00 PM   #161
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

You might feel like playing the CD version, though. Since the cutscenes are different, there is some incentive to get through the game again.

But I wouldn't choose the "new and improved" outro for the old one from the floppy version any time.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 18-05-2006, 05:33 PM   #162
ShadowXIX
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Japofran+Apr 26 2006, 09:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Japofran @ Apr 26 2006, 09:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-the_fifth_horseman@Apr 26 2006, 10:56 AM
It HAD a sequel. Fade to Black is the name.
Cool, now that you mention it the name rings a bell. However, it doesn't seem to start where Flashback ended. Then you were stranded in space, so the sequel's plot should have been something like Space Quest's (with action of course). Instead, Fade to Black promptly takes you from your space drift into an alien prison, thus but cheekily carbon-copying Flashback's plot. [/b][/quote]
I have "Fade to Black" and it is horrendous compared to master piece that was Flashback. A earlier (predated TR by a year) and bad attempt at 3D graphics and gameplay :eeeeeh:

It does connect with the ending of Flashback however.

Spoiler****

Conard starts off in the same cyro sleep he entered after defeating the Morphs on their home planet in the first game. He is then however picked up while still in his sleep by a Morph ship.

Its alot like the begining plot of Aliens but instead he is picked up be his enemies.

ShadowXIX is offline                         Send a private message to ShadowXIX
Old 18-05-2006, 10:25 PM   #163
Japo
Autonomous human

Quote:
Originally posted by ShadowXIX@May 18 2006, 07:33 PM
It does connect with the ending of Flashback however.

Spoiler****
Yes I knew that. Still, that's not the way I'd have done it. Stranted in space with no way of knowing where to go, it's as unlikely managing to return home as being captured by the aliens, who by the way should be erradicated or at least extremely weakened.

After FB you were travelling through a completely aleatory space trajectory -and space is immense-, so you should have ended up in a completely new scenario. Just recovering your old enemies, whose planet had been destroyed, is an exercise of poor imagination.
Old 19-05-2006, 05:15 AM   #164
ShadowXIX
Abandonia nerd

Ah I see your point. I have to agree they could have handled the story better and had a huge opportunity to really go any path they wanted too.

I never did get far in Fade to black, I got so frustrated with the controls I gave up. Anyone know how the story panned out with that game in the end?
ShadowXIX is offline                         Send a private message to ShadowXIX
Old 19-05-2006, 09:09 PM   #165
Branco

Hey dudes, i got this game from here, and the dosbox, when a try to execute the game, a black screen show up and if a press any key, the black screem shows two this to select ( i don't know what, because it's ilegible like little squares) if i "select" the first option the program stuck... if i choose the second, the program shut down my dosbox... anyone knows what is happening??? thanx...

O pessoal eu baixei o flashback e o dosbox daqui, e quando tento executá-lo, aparece uma tela preta, dai n?o dá p/ entender nada, dai se eu pressiono outra tecla aparece outra tela preta ilegível, com duas opç?es... se eu escolho a primeira o programa trava, e se eu escolho a segunda, ele fecha... alguém sabe o que fazer? agradeço desde já!!

[]'s

Old 24-05-2006, 01:36 PM   #166
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Have you changed anything in DosBox.conf or are you running on defaults?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 24-05-2006, 05:12 PM   #167

I'm running on the dafaults... as the same as I downloaded... and the others games runs 100%...

thanx

Old 26-05-2006, 02:23 PM   #168
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

At least unusual. I've been able to run it on defaults without any problem.
I'll post my Dosbox.conf, since my settings work no problem.

-- Reed Richards
Old 27-05-2006, 03:37 PM   #169

Well, yesterday i try to run with the bootdisk, but the same problem... i really don't know what I need to do

Old 27-05-2006, 06:49 PM   #170
vladimirov

Unhappy

hi,

Firts at all, forgive me for my bad english.

I have a problem with the second world (COMBEL), in the second JOB MISSION, when I bring the VIP person to Research Lab, in the last part when I finish, Conrad has been teleported, then, the game show me some images, and answer to me the code of this images, where I can find it? where is that images codes?

Thanks.

Y si hay alguien que entienda espa?ol ( a dios le pido!). el problema que tengo es que en la segunda mission de trabajo, cuando hay que escoltar al VIP, al final me pide el codigo de unas imagenes, y no se cuales son esos codigo o donde buscarlas, donde las puedo conseguir? como se llaman?

Gracias de antemano.

vladimirov is offline                         Send a private message to vladimirov