Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2005, 05:25 AM   #1
ShadowXIX
Abandonia nerd

I been playing Ultima Underworld and have been having some strange inventory related bugs later in the game. It seems to happen when I travel between floors 4-5 the most. Items either disappear or turn into other items or even into strange things like blood splats and attack effects. This also effects important items you cant complete the game without. :angry:

I tracked done a patch that was suppose to fix the " infamous inventory bug" dont know if thats what is happening to me or not. But the problem still persist. Though now I get a message where the onscreen text appears along the line of "ultima underworld internal error" and something about "items not found" I dont remember the exact words, when I load my saved game and switch between lvls like 4-5.

I started a new game to see if it would also have the same problems now but it will take me awhile to get as far as I am now to see if the same problem happens.

Im running the game in DOSBOX 0.63 so Im not really sure if I downloaded the patch correctly. I just downloaded and extracted it and threw the patch UW app into the UW game folder replacing the UW app in there. Not sure if I was suppose to do it somehow in Dosbox.

So I wanted to know if anyone eles had this problem and how they might have fixed it.

ShadowXIX is offline                         Send a private message to ShadowXIX