Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 13-07-2005, 04:15 AM   #1
lethe
Game freak

I was having a nice, pacific conversation in MSN about this, I thought I could have a few more opinions. What I typically see is, catholics ignoring the parts of their holy book which they don't like, and create their own version of heaven, according to what they want to believe. Since each mind will probably imagine different utopias, my guess is there are either a billion heavens or a billion disappointments.

Please control the insults and badmouths, I had more cursing in 2 hours than Southpark can possibly introduce in 1 week series.

So, sctrictly to catholics: What's heaven?
lethe is offline                         Send a private message to lethe
Old 13-07-2005, 04:29 AM   #2
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Just to be 100% certain (I am slow!), people who are not Catholics or even Christians are not "allowed" to talk about the "afterlife", right? (I don't mind one way or another)
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 13-07-2005, 05:32 AM   #3
a1s
Hero Gamer

as an atheist to author (belivers should flame me by PM only):
heaven is an illusion. when you come home ant there is hot water and good friends, that's heaven. when you die, it's death and worms eat you. that doesn't nean you should do bad things, that would not benfit the society, and is thus counterproductive ...
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 13-07-2005, 08:03 AM   #4
JudgeDeadd
Super Freak

/me flames a1s

Heaven is the place you go to after death if you aren't bad.
Old 13-07-2005, 12:25 PM   #5
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

If you'll check my signature you'll know what i think: afther death we will have what we chose in life!
If you chose love, God will fill you with His perfect loving us!
If you chose egoism, you'll be with your lonelyness!

Anyway, since i'm not God i can't tell you for sure HOW that will be... and Bible is metaphoric, not a description, so we could only understand the sense...
Old 13-07-2005, 04:52 PM   #6
Spoonman
Flyswatter

Quote:
Originally posted by Quintopotere@Jul 13 2005, 11:25 AM
If you'll check my signature you'll know what i think: afther death we will have what we chose in life!
that's odd, I always thought life is what you make of it (read: what you choose for), not death

I don't know about afterlife. I think there has to be some way between evolution and religion that makes life seem more logical (for instance: I always wonder why cells do mutate. Could that randomness be something God-like, or just another thing we can't yet explain by science?), and some parts of about almost any religion can at least be helpful to make life less weary. But afterlife?

I have a hard time believing there's anything like a heaven or hell, but somehow reincarnation seems really appealing. But that has more to do with my personal wish to be able to start all over again, it's not really realistic. There's just to much human thought in such visions to be really true. I sometimes wish I could believe it though, just to make life seem less random.
Old 13-07-2005, 05:17 PM   #7
MdaG
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via ICQ to MdaG Send a message via AIM to MdaG Send a message via MSN to MdaG Send a message via Yahoo to MdaG

According to our media the suicide pilots (back in 9/11 incident) believed that heaven was a place where they would get 200 virgins, good food and drinks...

... I have a feeling that's what most suicide bombers (at least the heavily religious ones) believe (or something similar).
MdaG is offline                         Send a private message to MdaG
Old 13-07-2005, 06:55 PM   #8
Triton

Whee! Unsolicited religion bashing!

Wee! Solicited member warning!

Old 13-07-2005, 07:49 PM   #9
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Spoonman+Jul 13 2005, 03:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Spoonman @ Jul 13 2005, 03:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Quintopotere@Jul 13 2005, 11:25 AM
that's odd, I always thought life is what you make of it (read: what you choose for), not death
[/b][/quote]
Uhmm... i think we are speaking of the same thingns with different words... or maybe i didn't understand you...

Anyway God IS the life, so if you choose Him, you choose for life even in your lifetime and you'll really live... :angel: Afterlife it's just a more intense (and different in some aspects) continuation of the life...

Uffh, sometime it's too difficult for me find the right english words...
Old 13-07-2005, 07:51 PM   #10
drumminfreek
Game freak

Thumbs down

thats probably why those stoopid bombers did what they did. For there vision of heaven. crazy little b@st@rds! :evil:
drumminfreek is offline                         Send a private message to drumminfreek
Closed Thread