Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 14-03-2006, 06:20 PM   #21
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

The manual will tell you what that password is, and they give you a leg up to make it hard to mess up! What more could you ask for?
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 16-03-2006, 05:39 PM   #22
jlw

Doh! I was using the Adobe page numbers. Gotta divide by 2.

Old 17-03-2006, 03:20 AM   #23
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

Not to mention, the page numbers of the manual are on the copied pages themselves, so pay attention to that too. Reading page 9 when the copyright protection asks for page 8 can lead to problems
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 13-09-2006, 10:43 AM   #24

Hey, my version didn't come with a PDF manual. Could someone post a copy of it on here

or you can reach me at ********@gmail.com

thanks, I would appreciate it

Old 13-09-2006, 01:09 PM   #25
Shrek
Abandonia Ogre

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 13 2006, 11:43 AM) [snapback]254746[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hey, my version didn't come with a PDF manual. Could someone post a copy of it on here

or you can reach me at ********@gmail.com

thanks, I would appreciate it
[/b]
Hey Mr., don't place your e-mail here or you' ll become a serious candidate to receive loads of spam in your mail box.

And nobody will send you the manual because it is available for download at the game review page (in that little box saying "Extras", under the "Discuss this game!") so, download it yourself....
Shrek is offline                         Send a private message to Shrek
Old 07-01-2007, 12:47 AM   #26
Jess

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efthimios @ Sep 18 2005, 10:19 PM) [snapback]158384[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
the Empire was from 78 IIRC. I had an early version (82-3?) and then an 87 version before the 3.11b of empire deluxe that I have now. Still one of the best games ever.
[/b]

Do you have the actual original or is it one similar to it that you have downloaded? Im am trying to find one for my dad for his birthday.. he is a BIG fan! Do you know where I could get a copy? If not, If you would be willing to make a copy of the game, I am willing to pay for one

He has tried the Killerbees copy and was unsatisfied.

Thank you for your time.

Old 01-03-2007, 02:28 AM   #27
Volbound

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest_Tom @ Dec 24 2005, 01:56 PM) [snapback]191944[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
How do you get into it? the econfig asks for a password which you can only get from the manual. The manual is a .pdf file on the computer. The password is different every time. The password screen takes up all the space on the screen and cannot be minimised.

I can't read the manual to write the password cause the passwords is asking to be written!!!
[/b]
I played this game as a kid it is great. Loved to shrink world map to be just Europe and do WW I and WW II scenarios. Only negative was never could ally colors so had to play humans if wanting allies.

Old 22-03-2007, 07:36 PM   #28
TheSalientOne
Lurker

I hope I'm not breking any forum rules here but for the fans of Empire Deluxe, the copyrights to this game have been bought by a company called Killerbee Software.

They have currently release new version of Empire Deluxe called Empire Deluxe Internet Edition EDIE for short and an Empire Deluxe Enhanced Edition EDEE.

EDIE is basically ED but with a lot of bugfixes and the ability torun on modern hardware. Care has been taken not to break any rules from the original ED game.

EDEE is a newer version with new units, air transport, satteliets, helicopter, engineers, ... and can be played on huge maps and with a lot of AI players (games of more then 100 AI players have been tried). To much to sum up here.

I run a fan website about these (and other games) called SalientGames where you can find resources for these games.
TheSalientOne is offline                         Send a private message to TheSalientOne
Old 27-04-2008, 05:47 AM   #29
plaid
Lurker

Some history here:
Empire was the original (now forgotten) wargame. The first version I'm aware of allowed for up to 3 players, either at the same machine or networked with serial cables (my father hosted LAN parties for this game). The computer AI was decent (incredible by today's lax standards). The graphics were all extended ascii characters. The game even allowed for psuedo-realtime by allowing players to be up to 6 turns apart. The original game came with only 4 maps that it would randomly select and rotate.

Empire II introduced graphics and random maps; Empire Deluxe added many new units and features but was released several years too late to capture much attention.

The original game is a true legend and Empire Deluxe preserves the gameplay of the original nicely. However, Civilization and Masters of Orion are the true successors to this genre.
plaid is offline                         Send a private message to plaid
Old 23-10-2008, 07:11 PM   #30
Stevereno
Lurker

Default Installation?

The manual says run Install but I don't find it. I can open the Config.exe with the password lookup in the manual but when I try to save my settings it gives me "ERROR saving preferences file!"

What am I missing?
Stevereno is offline                         Send a private message to Stevereno