Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-06-2009, 12:04 PM   #1
barbarian
Forum hobbit

Default barbarian - B17 cd-rom version and others

Hi all,

Sorry but i could not find a how-to or criteria for games that you would like to have.

Due to persistence of time, all 3.5" games are lost forever .

This is my list:

Overkill - box scan (3.5")

B17 Flying Fortress - The Mighty Eight - game: cd-rom version, has lots of manuals. is this the same game as already on the site?

Secret of the Silver Blades - manual + Clue Book

Pools of Darkness - manual + Clue Book

Centipede cd-rom version - game + manual

War of the Worlds (GT, Replay) - cd-rom game + manual (well it's a bit large)

The Last Dynasty (Sierra) - cd-rom version (sold by amazon) + manual

FX Fighter (GTE) - cd-rom version + manual

Wing Commander Academy - box shots + manual (3,5")

Wing Commander IV The Price of Freedom - cd-rom version + manual

Grand Theft Auto 1 - cd-rom version

The Dukes of Hazard - cd-rom version

Redneck Rampage I + II - manuals (sold at GOG.com)

Space Quest 4: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers - manual from cd-rom version

Flight Unlimited - cd-rom version

FullTilt! Pinball - cd-rom version + manual

Last edited by barbarian; 20-06-2009 at 02:16 PM.
barbarian is offline                         Send a private message to barbarian
Old 20-06-2009, 02:32 PM   #2
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Overkill - box scan (3.5") [OK]

B17 Flying Fortress - The Mighty Eight [PROTECTED] by Infogrames till 2015. It has nothing in common with the game on site, except the name, there's a 8-year difference between the two release dates.

Secret of the Silver Blades - manual + Clue Book [OK]

Pools of Darkness - manual + Clue Book [OK]

Centipede cd-rom version - game + manual [PROTECTED] by Atari till 2013

Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds (GT, Replay) - game + manual (well it's a bit large) [APPROVED] for ISO Cellar

The Last Dynasty (Sierra) - cd-rom version + manual [APPROVED] for ISO Cellar

FX Fighter (GTE) - cd-rom version + manual [APPROVED]

Wing Commander Academy - box shots + manual (3,5") [OK]

Wing Commander IV The Price of Freedom - cd-rom version + manual [PROTECTED] by Electronic Arts till 2011

Grand Theft Auto 1 - cd-rom version [SPECIAL] [REJECTED] Rockstar has it available for free on their site and doesn't allow it to be distributed by others through download.

The Dukes of Hazard: Racing For Home - cd-rom version [PROTECTED] by SouthPeak Interactive till 2015

Redneck Rampage I + II - manuals (sold at GOG.com) [REJECTED] As long as it is sold and we won't upload the game on the site, we don't have a place where to put these manuals.

Space Quest 4: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers - manual from cd-rom version [OK]

Flight Unlimited - cd-rom version [APPROVED] for ISO Cellar

Full Tilt! Pinball - cd-rom version + manual [APPROVED]

Since you're a new user, you probably don't know about the ISO Cellar. This is a separate forum section where we store game archives too large for the site (more than 150 MB). You'll have access to it after being more active on the forums. The games in the ISO Cellar are uploaded using a file-sharing site (like 4shared), the user sends the link to me, Paco or Lulu_Jane using a PM (when you'll have access you'll post the links in the Requests thread).

As for the files games (files) that have less than 150 MB, I'll send you a PM with info on how to acces the FTP and upload the stuff there. The manuals and other extras for games suited only for the ISO Cellar should not be uploaded on FTP (for now, at least).

Thank you for your contributions. I don't know the sizes of these games, so I assumed them. If a game that I tagged "Approved for ISO Cellar" has less than 150 MB, upload it on FTP; if it has more --> in ISO Cellar using a file-sharing site.
Old 20-06-2009, 04:03 PM   #3
barbarian
Forum hobbit

Hey, thanks for your fast reply!

I'll see what i can do. Some of these games were gifts, so I can't write a reviuew for that because I never played them.

I don't have Secret of the Silver Blades or Pools of Darkness, only the eaten-away 3.5" disks. i guess i'll have to d/l it from HotU, otherwise there's no place to put the manuals?
barbarian is offline                         Send a private message to barbarian
Old 20-06-2009, 04:22 PM   #4
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
Hey, thanks for your fast reply!

I'll see what i can do. Some of these games were gifts, so I can't write a reviuew for that because I never played them.

I don't have Secret of the Silver Blades or Pools of Darkness, only the eaten-away 3.5" disks. i guess i'll have to d/l it from HotU, otherwise there's no place to put the manuals?
Well those are older games, so I think we'll eventually have a copy from someone. The thing with sold games is they can remain sold forever, so it's best to be cautious and not upload stuff prematurely. So, unless you want to review the two games I'd suggest not to upload them from other abandonware sites. Also, there's no hurry. It takes time for a game to be uploaded on the site, even with all things prepared (including review, screens and archive).

Also, if you don't want to write a review, don't. It's not necessary to submit the game with the full package. Someone else might be interested in the future and might pick the game for a review. Of course we're always happy when we have reviews ready from the very beginning.

Edit: Also, the games that go to the ISO Cellar don't really need review or screenshots. Since it's a forum section, it's posted there instantly.
Old 20-06-2009, 07:36 PM   #5
barbarian
Forum hobbit

Thanks again for all the help!

Good call about Secret and Pools. Yes it would be a bit weird to down them from Hotu and put them up here. I will scan the Clue Books soon, i remember i was so glad when they finally arrived in the mail. Secret of the Silver Blades was one big addiction for me.
I'll offer the Clue Books to Hotu as well.

Barb.
Old 21-06-2009, 04:11 PM   #6
barbarian
Forum hobbit

FXFighter is in barbarian/fxfighter.

it's an ISO and scans of the box, manual, cd inlay and ref card.

have fun!
Old 21-06-2009, 04:16 PM   #7
ComboTroop
Abandonia nerd

You got JEFF WAYNE'S WAR OF THE WORLDS GAME!!?!?!?! OMG!! I BEEN LOOKING FOR THAT GAME FOR AGES!!! Will it come with the Music?!?! I love the tunes on that game! !!!Major-Rave-Hype!!!
ComboTroop is offline                         Send a private message to ComboTroop
Old 21-06-2009, 04:39 PM   #8
Ermuli
Home Sweet Abandonia

I have recently uploaded Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds
with box & disc scans. I can post the links @ ISO Cellar.
Then again, if you are already uploading the game, be my
guest and post the links!
Ermuli is offline                         Send a private message to Ermuli
Old 21-06-2009, 05:10 PM   #9
barbarian
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermuli View Post
I have recently uploaded Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds
with box & disc scans. I can post the links @ ISO Cellar.
Then again, if you are already uploading the game, be my
guest and post the links!
haha saves me the work.
Old 21-06-2009, 05:11 PM   #10
barbarian
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComboTroop View Post
You got JEFF WAYNE'S WAR OF THE WORLDS GAME!!?!?!?! OMG!! I BEEN LOOKING FOR THAT GAME FOR AGES!!! Will it come with the Music?!?! I love the tunes on that game! !!!Major-Rave-Hype!!!
hey, you got THAt right!

it says "features every song of the abbum on disc bla bla bla..." NOT!

it's remix galore.

as you can see another Abandonian posted it.