Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-09-2006, 01:00 AM   #121

Press Alt + Enter to make DOSBox full screen. When in doubt, type "intro" in the Z:\> command prompt, and important keys will be listed there.

Old 06-09-2006, 01:07 AM   #122
bruno
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 6 2006, 02:00 AM) [snapback]253015[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Press Alt + Enter to make DOSBox full screen. When in doubt, type "intro" in the Z:\> command prompt, and important keys will be listed there.
[/b]
Or you can do this to know the important keys: CTRL+F1. k:
bruno is offline                         Send a private message to bruno
Old 06-09-2006, 01:58 PM   #123

Thanks. Any ideas how to get this wizard looking npc to talk to me? All the other npcs would, but not this turd!

Old 08-09-2006, 11:55 PM   #124

This game would be pretty good if it allowed the character to rest.

Since it doesn't its sadly more tedious because you will constantly have to wait till you are regenerated. Which goes so slowly that you might as well make a sandwich in the mean time.

Wich is a real shame! It could have been as good as the first Lands of Lore, and maybe even better!

Why didn't they add in a rest option?

Old 09-09-2006, 02:11 AM   #125

True. A resting option will be better. As such, when I played this game back then, I was forced to stand still and wait while my health slowly recovered. After a while, however, I guess I just got used to it. I think I usually left the game on to grab coffee, get some snack, or take a leak

As for the problem with the wizard, well, I did not experience that problem, so I'm afraid I can't help. I remember this problem has been mentioned in the past, though. Maybe try redownload the game?

Old 06-10-2006, 06:06 PM   #126

Hi there, got one question, how the hell do I allocate points to weapon skills, cuz the damn window where u see the weapons skills only has next option and that's all, been searching the net for hours with no luck :S

Old 10-10-2006, 01:19 PM   #127

Is somebody having the same problems as I? For some reason every time i go talk to somebody the game freezes, the music keeps playing and stuff but i click the keywords and nothing happens, what do i do? It started right after talking to a guy in a purple robe near the smithy.

Old 10-10-2006, 09:39 PM   #128
keithwiggins

I had that same problem.. but I took the easy way and downloaded a different game.
I reccomend World of Xeen.
keithwiggins is offline                         Send a private message to keithwiggins
Old 11-10-2006, 12:17 AM   #129

Ok ill try that one out, pity, this game is so awesome, gonna see if i re-download it later, for some reason im liking this game a lot.

Old 11-10-2006, 01:10 AM   #130

You don't give enough information for us to help you. Do you play this game in DOSBox? If not, you should. I did not play this game in VDMSound, so I don't know whether it will work with VDMSound or not, but in DOSBox it will work. Also, try to turn the sound and music off. The game archive for Anvil of Dawn here is ripped, and so most video and some audio files are missing. This condition may freeze the game at some point if the game cannot find the files it is looking for.

Missing videos and audios certainly lower the enjoyment (especially the missing end-of-game video), but I sure had a very good time playing this game back then. So, for now I highly recommend you keep trying this game before taking *the easy way off the problem by playing another game* :bleh: