Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 09:37 PM   #11
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

What a bore. It's only the downloads which have to be removed, though, right? Not everything, including reviews and discussion threads?
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 11-05-2005, 09:38 PM   #12
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

There is quite a high number of very good games abandoned from abandonia...too sad.
DonCorleone is offline                         Send a private message to DonCorleone
Old 11-05-2005, 09:53 PM   #13
xoopx
Hero Gamer

?5 says it was MORTAL KOMBAT that caused it.

xoopx is offline                         Send a private message to xoopx
Old 11-05-2005, 10:00 PM   #14
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Well, I suppose it doesn't really matter which game caused it. Either way, I find it rather disturbing, because it may (and probabably will) be damaging for the site's image. Even if it wasn't done on purpose.

By the way, did somebody create that new 'no go' icon sometime this afternoon? I don't remember seeing it before...
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 11-05-2005, 10:05 PM   #15
xoopx
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by A. J. Raffles@May 11 2005, 10:00 PM
Well, I suppose it doesn't really matter which game caused it. Either way, I find it rather disturbing, because it may (and probabably will) be damaging for the site's image. Even if it wasn't done on purpose.

By the way, did somebody create that new 'no go' icon sometime this afternoon? I don't remember seeing it before...
the thing that makes me wonder, is because some games like mortal kombat, or team 17 games... rang alarm bells with me and others, and we did warn about them - to no success.
if the ESA read those discussions, they can reasonably accuse the admins of deliberately failing to ensure they werent breaking protected games.
Old 11-05-2005, 10:15 PM   #16
Dino
Call me Edmund

So it's practically all about few protected games... But does that mean that other games by ESA members that have to be removed weren't protected? I don't quite understand this, some games by ESA members are protected and some are not?? :blink:
Old 11-05-2005, 10:21 PM   #17
xoopx
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by OvErLoRd@May 11 2005, 10:15 PM
So it's practically all about few protected games... But does that mean that other games by ESA members that have to be removed weren't protected? I don't quite understand this, some games by ESA members are protected and some are not?? :blink:
doesnt make sense to me either
Old 12-05-2005, 05:42 AM   #18
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

They dont sell them and they dont want to give them.

What the hell is wrong with them!!!!???
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 12-05-2005, 06:04 AM   #19
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Well, anyway, the damage has been done, so probably won't do much good if we continue talking about it. It very much sounds like the ESA made a final decision so regardless of why they made that decision, whether it was appropriate or not and whether it might have been avoided, I suppose the only thing we can do now is to try and bear it as best we can. But I highly doubt that sending emails to the ESA will have any effect at all.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:31 AM   #20
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

How about bribe or blackmailing them??
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Closed Thread