Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-06-2005, 02:11 PM   #31
Flop
Hero Gamer

I don't know. I think axl has pretty much hit rock bottom, since he did that radio voice in GTA: san andreas. But to be honest I never really cared to much for him. I love the old G'n'R albums, but Axl Rose has always annoyed me somehow.

That Velvet Revolver thingie doesn't sound bad, though. I think I'll give it a listen, the next time I'm in a record store.

And didn't Scorpions make Winds of Change? I don't think you could call them a metal band, even with all the good will in the world. It's more like a rockpop band IMO. I love Winds of Change though, it's a classic.
Flop is offline                         Send a private message to Flop
Old 29-06-2005, 02:35 PM   #32
Apocalypse Dude
Super Freak

Winds of change is a ballad the rest of the scorpions numbers are more old skool metal. (really old skool metal ea. boring.., but never the less metal..)
Apocalypse Dude is offline                         Send a private message to Apocalypse Dude
Old 29-06-2005, 02:38 PM   #33
Flop
Hero Gamer

Okay then, I guess they're in. I tend to get them confused with Europe, though, who IMO definitely can not ever be called a metal band.
Flop is offline                         Send a private message to Flop
Old 29-06-2005, 02:46 PM   #34
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Axl Rose is an introvert nowadays. GnR were never very good *dones wet animal skins*.

Oh yead, SoaD are a good band. Mezmerize is a pretty good album, although I preferred Toxicity more.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 29-06-2005, 03:42 PM   #35
Chuck the plant
Game Wizzard

@ Flop about Scorpions: You should check out "Lovedrive", "Breakout" (There's a reason why Six Feet Under covered the title-song on their "Graveyard Classics"-Album, you know ), "Love at first sting" and most of the other older albums, they were definately HEAVY Metal before they figured that ballads and pop sold better in the 90s...

As for german Metal (and one of the best Metal Bands EVER):
Check out Accept, especially the first 4 or 5 albums, it doesn't get much better than this (plus you can tell from MANY TRBNGR - No, THEY are NOT "Metal" - songs how big of an influence Accept have been for them).

@ danny252 (and some others): HAMMERFALL??? LOL LOL LOL

I mean, c'mon: HAMMERFALL!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

LOL LOL LOL
Chuck the plant is offline                         Send a private message to Chuck the plant
Old 29-06-2005, 04:23 PM   #36
Marinkorpse

Wow this is a really wacky mix of band, many of them "not true metal" as Manowar would say, jaja! I think that's really cool, most of the time this threads end in a slaughtery just to see wich band is more nasty or some other stupid stuff.
In my case I kinda like many genres. What I don`t like at all are Hevy metal bands with 3 minutes crazy guitars solos and sharp voices screaming. I really like rotten throats like Max Cavalera and Cory Taylor. So Mudavayne, Slipknot, Soulfly, Sepultura, Fear Factory, Meshuggah and so on. I also like bands like System of a Down. I'm really a fan of grunge music (this comment should be offtopic :whistle: ), like Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, Blind Melon, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, etc...
Marinkorpse is offline                         Send a private message to Marinkorpse
Old 29-06-2005, 04:24 PM   #37
lethe
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Marinkorpse@Jun 29 2005, 04:23 PM
I'm really a fan of grunge music (this comment should be offtopic :whistle: ), like Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, Blind Melon, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, etc...
Amen.
lethe is offline                         Send a private message to lethe
Old 30-06-2005, 10:20 AM   #38
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally posted by Chuck the plant@Jun 29 2005, 03:42 PM
I mean, c'mon: HAMMERFALL!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
There's nothing wrong with Hammerfall.
I'd risk to express an opinion that some of their songs might be a good introduction into Metal music for those who had little contact with it before. For me, they definitely were.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 30-06-2005, 01:56 PM   #39
Yobor
Hero Gamer

I personally dislike extremely heavy metal. Lighter Metal is ok though. The singing on really heavy sounds like nails on a chalk board. Gahh
Yobor is offline                         Send a private message to Yobor
Old 30-06-2005, 02:42 PM   #40
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Yobor@Jun 30 2005, 01:56 PM
I personally dislike extremely heavy metal. Lighter Metal is ok though. The singing on really heavy sounds like nails on a chalk board. Gahh
Nothing like the scraping of rusty nails on a chalk board, or deep deeeeeep growls