Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-04-2005, 07:34 AM   #51
Eden

ok, so far I reckon I'm doing well. learnt loads about all the scandal and shady goings on, but I cant get that damn key off the painiting! I tried both the wire cutters and the dagger, but all I get is the "that doesnt achieve anything"-type message! I know Im in the right place cos the messages for the eye and hand icon make it clear I am. Can anyone tell me where Im going wrong? I'm loving this game and I wanna get on to act 4!!!!!!

Old 11-04-2005, 08:00 AM   #52
Eden

It's ok, I figured it out now. You gotta use the magnifying glass on the key a second time before you try to remove it. D'oh!

Old 28-04-2005, 04:37 PM   #53
guma.kawauso

I got a serious problem! In the act entitled "Rex Takes a Bite Out of Crime" I am stuck trying to get out of the sercet temple. Like the walkthoughs said, use the snake oil on the snakes. Did that. They went away. I continued up the passage to the rats, but this is where the problem is! I can't access my inventory to throw the cheese!

Does anyone else have this problem? I'd really like to finish this game.

Guma Kawauso
guma.kawauso is offline                         Send a private message to guma.kawauso
Old 09-06-2005, 03:54 AM   #54

I am soo stuck!!! I have talked to everyone and listened to their conversations, looked at the daggers in the gift shop, got the water glass,etc. The problem is that all the characters have left the rotunda but Wolf Heimlich is still blocking me from getting past the room with all the paintings. There is no one left for me to talk to and nothing that I can figure out left to do. In all the walkthroughs it says he should be out of the way, but he still won't let me past. Can anyone help?? You can email me at kbrookewalters@yahoo.com. THANKS!!!!!

Old 12-07-2005, 03:35 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Jun 9 2005, 03:54 AM
I am soo stuck!!! I have talked to everyone and listened to their conversations, looked at the daggers in the gift shop, got the water glass,etc. The problem is that all the characters have left the rotunda but Wolf Heimlich is still blocking me from getting past the room with all the paintings. There is no one left for me to talk to and nothing that I can figure out left to do. In all the walkthroughs it says he should be out of the way, but he still won't let me past. Can anyone help?? You can email me at kbrookewalters@yahoo.com. THANKS!!!!!
If Wolf is still in the painting room then you're not supposed to go through there yet. When you're in the dinosaur bone room, you have to click right of the screen. There should be an arrow.

Old 13-07-2005, 01:35 AM   #56
Act 5 bug/crash

I have a problem in Act 5. When Laura is being chased by the hooded guy, I make it to the armour room but can't get into the Egyptian room (what I'm supposed to do) without the game crashing. An error message pops up and says "We didn't expect you to do that, find another way to the situation, 5.1 S I" or something like that. I've heard of this bug in other forums, but I've tried all of the possible answers. Reloading from a previous save game, turning the game dials, none of them worked. I even replayed Act 4 and got more stuff and it still crashes at the same point.

Old 13-07-2005, 03:24 AM   #57
Act 5 bug/crash fixed

Never mind...I re-installed and switched to the basic PC sound output, and it worked. Then I switched back to my regular soundblaster option after I passed the problem area.

Old 13-08-2005, 10:39 PM   #58
Chronos_cvb

I have the original of this game and I was wondering if I needed to have Dosbox to run it on 98?

Old 05-09-2005, 11:16 PM   #59

What the hey?? Did this game used to be available for download and is now ESA protected? When did that happen?? Is there anywhere I can get this game? I bought it from Ebay but the manual wasn't included so I can't play it unless I get lucky on one of the egyptology questions. I'm really bummed, can anybody help?

Old 06-09-2005, 06:56 AM   #60
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
What the hey?? Did this game used to be available for download and is now ESA protected?
It was ESA-protected to begin with, but we used to have permission to host it.
Quote:
When did that happen??
11 May. See this topic for details.
Quote:
Is there anywhere I can get this game?
Not for free, I'm afraid.
Quote:
I bought it from Ebay but the manual wasn't included so I can't play it unless I get lucky on one of the egyptology questions. I'm really bummed, can anybody help?
This is your lucky day: the manual is up at replacementdocs.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles