Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-05-2013, 03:22 PM   #11
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
I tried to install it in my computer but every times its some files are not properly installed
It sounds either you should accept when the popup of windows says "try reinstall with the suggested setting", or try running it with Win98 compatibility mode.
Old 16-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #12
Tracker
Home Sweet Abandonia

@twillight: Windows XP Service Pack 2 does not offer to "try reinstall with the suggested setting", if I recall correctly, that is a feature of Vista / 7.

@Hassialan: If you are installing from CD-Rom, you might want to make sure the discs are not scratched or dirty. Any kind of physical damage might corrupt the files, making installing difficult or impossible. You might try to clean the CDs with special micro fiber cloth (your average T-Shirt will not work, and might even make things worse). If they are scratched, you can download the game files from anywhere and use YOUR OWN SERIAL KEY to install the game - well, technically, you are permitted to make a backup of your original CDs... let's presume you made some.

If you are not installing the game from a physical media then you need to make sure the files are not corrupted.

Reverend Preacherbot: Wretched sinner unit! The path to Robot Heaven lies here, in the Good Book 3.0.
Bender: Hey. Do I preach at you when you're lying stoned in the gutter? No!
Tracker is offline                         Send a private message to Tracker
Old 17-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #13
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

IIRC there are CD/DVD "cleaning" tools that pretty much grind away a thin layer of the transparent coating and polish it so that it should be readable again.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 17-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #14
Tracker
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
IIRC there are CD/DVD "cleaning" tools that pretty much grind away a thin layer of the transparent coating and polish it so that it should be readable again.
There's an entire industry dedicated to being specialized in data recovery - if it was that important I'd probably invest in their services than trying to do it myself.

Reverend Preacherbot: Wretched sinner unit! The path to Robot Heaven lies here, in the Good Book 3.0.
Bender: Hey. Do I preach at you when you're lying stoned in the gutter? No!
Tracker is offline                         Send a private message to Tracker