Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-03-2013, 08:36 PM   #301
Lukie123

So I recently stumbled upon this guide (http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/565021-wa...ans/faqs/54781), and in one of the sections there are the hero stats. Can anyone confirm if these are the actual stats, and if they are, which tool he used to extract that data?

Thanks in advance.

Old 26-03-2013, 09:52 PM   #302
Scatty
Treasure hunter

That's easy. With Warcraft, there was an official (I think) level/unit editor, not sure with which or / and with all versions of the game. I had it with my version of Wacraft anyway. When you start it up, you can modify the stats of all the units in the game, like make Spearman's range higher than that of Archer, or damage, and stuff like that. Catapults had damage of 255, for example, which could kill on hit every unit but the summoned Demon if I remember correctly (didn't look up your link but I'm sure it's damage is standing there anyway).
Inferentially, that's where you could see the stats of all the units, including the named, "hero" units. Look at the post bevore yours, I think there is that editor together with the latest patch, in one of the links.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 27-03-2013, 07:48 AM   #303
Lukie123

Yes, I do have the final patch (1.22h as far as I know) and it does include the unit editor, but the information on the hero units is nowhere to be found :/
It includes all the units (except heroes obviously), spells, technology and buildings.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:52 PM   #304
RRS
(Gaming) History Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
For me the level 8 was very hard.
(You need to free some peasants, because you have no one to start your development).
It's possible to complete the mission without peasants... I know because I accidentially did this.
RRS is offline                         Send a private message to RRS
Old 17-11-2013, 02:30 PM   #305
Zerthul
Hi everyone!

Successfully, i found an old savegame editor, (i mean really OLD, last edited in 1995).

cd.textfiles.com/gigagames5/DOS/EDITORS/WARCEDIT.ZIP

It works only with Windows File/Program Manager (as the read me says)
Doesn't work on 64bit, i tried on my old 32bit Windows XP computer (i have now Win7), and it worked (but i dont use that computer )

Old 19-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #306
Temporary
Cool

Temporary reporting again. I keep stumbling upon this thread. Yep, that is the old Map Editor I mentioned a couple of posts back. I also mentioned the Unit Editor, and so on. Does anyone actually read the posts here? (Hey Hallfiry and MrFlibble, might I interest you in the source code for said editor?) Remember it is not possible to edit anything but Forest maps with the editor. It's a 16-bit program so it doesn't work with Windows 7, since the subsystem was discontinued after Vista. (Also Hallfiry and MrFlibble, you do know it is possible to play with the Dragons that exist in the Warcraft code, right?)

Old 21-12-2014, 06:46 PM   #307
Steelbreeze
Lurker

Default Windows 8?

New user here (and, unfortunately, new to Win8 as well). Read through this entire thread and wanted to thank everyone for the great info to this point.

Just downloaded this game and am dying to play again for first time in 20 years, but getting the message "This app can't run on your PC."
Anyone out there have beta on how to get this to work on Win8?

Didn't see any info on this question earlier, but please forgive me if it was already addressed.

Thanks in advance.
Steelbreeze is offline                         Send a private message to Steelbreeze
Old 21-12-2014, 09:00 PM   #308
Japo
Autonomous human

You need DOSBox
http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=26555
Old 25-02-2015, 04:30 PM   #309
Solaito
Lurker

Sorry for bumping this pretty old topic, but for some reason I couldn't make a new topic, so I'll post it over here because I think it fits to the topic

So, my name is Solaito and I'm starting a series on my youtube channel where I will play Warcraft: Orcs & Humans. In my opnion this is a great game, which not that many people have played. All I hope to do is introduce some people to the magical world of Warcraft this awesome game provides you with. It's also commentated with the original soundtrack as background music. I've just uploaded the first video and I'm planning to go through both the Orc and Human campaign. Let me know what you think

Episode 1: Orc Campaign, Economy tutorial (mission 1)
Old 06-03-2015, 01:51 PM   #310
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

And it's a good thing you couldn't create new topic because in this part of forum "Games" we have one topic for each game on our site.

If you want to talk about games in general, head to Gaming Zone or simply BlahBlahBlah for anything at all
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river