Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Your Reviews
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-08-2008, 03:43 PM   #11
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

You can have your opinion, np.

I have similar opinion for people who can't accept changes in games and like both new and old games. :amused:
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 22-08-2008, 08:45 PM   #12
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Hahah _r.u.s.s.

As it stands with Morrowind, there is nothing good about it, combat? Broken. Environment? Boring. Walking? Boring. NPCs? Idiots and boring. Alchemy? Broken. Skills? Boring, broken or useless. Quests? Boring. Dungeons? Small and boring. Difficulty? Too easy or too boring.

The fact is that the entire game has something broken about it in one facet or another, it isn't fun to fight monsters because the combat is boring, it isn't fun to wander the world because there's nothing in it, it isn't entertaining to mingle with NPCs because their schedules are dull and they have nothing to say (they may have encyclopedic dialog, but it's mostly the same for all NPCs) and various skills are entirely useless, such as spears and so on and so forth.

Morrowind is a failure - I actually see the game as sucking even more than Oblivion in some regards - Oblivion had something in the environment (albeit copy and paste) every five freaking feet, the quests are a lot better (albeit terrible in most regards) and the combat wasn't a piece of shit.

Honestly every TES game has been saddled with crippling problems, except maybe for Arena, but that game just wasn't spectacular enough to warrant it being the "jewel" of the series, as far as that goes, it's Daggerfall, but that's not saying a lot since Daggerfall is rife with game killing bugs and inane graphical glitches.

Your series has fallen pretty hard if the best game in the series that's actually fun is also a buggy mess.

EDIT: Accept changes? What is this? The Bethesda forums?

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 23-08-2008, 02:06 AM   #13
ianfreddie07
wat

*Puts on a flame resistant suit*

Personally, I liked Oblivion a lot. But then I have only played Arena and Oblivion. I heard that Morrowind's combat was crap, the walking and running speed is so slow. Arena was good for an oldie, though I still have not gotten out of the first dungeon. But then the thing that saves Oblivion from being a crappy game (for you) are its mods. It adds a lot of elements and variety to the game and it also makes it buggy to the point it CTDs after 5 minutes of play
Old 04-10-2008, 09:43 AM   #14
fettoswe
Forum hobbit

All TES games have problems because they are so huge and complex games. If you look at dagerfall it takes 2 weeks to travel from the west side to east side of the map. Even if that's just a rumour of the developers. But if you look at of many play hours you get from buying a TES game compared to like Icewind dale. I would choose TES and don't care how many small bugs it contains.
fettoswe is offline                         Send a private message to fettoswe
Old 11-12-2009, 07:29 PM   #15
sgtboat
Resident Redneck

Cool Great

aWESOME GAME i LOVED THE PLAY and all the killing.
I highly reccomend this to nay fan of fantasy RPG's

GO ARMY BEAT NAVY
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."-George Orwell
"The price of freedom is the blood of Patriots"-Thomas Paine
Support You're Countries Veterans
:akimbo:
sgtboat is offline                         Send a private message to sgtboat
Old 12-12-2009, 03:41 AM   #16
Maxor127
Game Wizzard

Still need to play Icewind Dale 1 and 2. I played the first one, but never finished, maybe because of college or something, I don't remember. I never played Morrowind. I watched my brother play, and it looked boring. I actually Oblivion. It looks like Morrowind with better graphics. The graphics are good, and there's something for everyone with all of the quests. It's not perfect, there a few things I don't like, most that are fixed with mods, but it's worth playing for any RPG fan. I still prefer more strategic RPGs like most Bioware games though.
Maxor127 is offline                         Send a private message to Maxor127
Old 17-01-2011, 11:51 AM   #17
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I give my opinion on this trashy game too:

Yes, I didn't like it. Why?

Well, the graphic is just average. Ok, with that kind of resolution you have yur limits, but let's be honest: at least SOME variety on the background would be nice. This game doesn't offer that. Just snow, snow and more snow in cave, caves and more caves. The same knid of terrain, the same kind of colour, the same, the same, the same everywhere.

Now this is also not an RPG game. What makes an RPG? The choices being there. Not necessarily for the main story, but at least for some quests. Here though are no alternatives. At all. So a combat oriented adventure game? Maybe. RPG? No.

Oh, there are slight changes that can happen during the game. But those happen automatically, and 99% (when they're even there) mean a drawback. So you'll just keep your paladin 99% of the time far away from the conversations, to be able to buy that pesky spell what is required to win the forthcoming battle.

Oh, battles. You need a party with at least high-middle stats reach beyond the first half of the game. You also need a balanced party to reach beyond the first half of the game. And you also have to know all spells and abilities to the level of a hardcore AD&D player - also to reach beyond the first half of the game.

Now you also will need equipment. In this game, as it is so easy to be a point of failur in this kind of games, equipments are way too expensive to afford more then the best equipments during the whole playthrugh. And even for that from thousands of miles you'll have to carry each heavy worthless stuff to sell in the only shop of the entire bloody game, spending most of the playingtime to this, instead of atcual progress.

Voice acting is also a failure. There are no ingame voices, only the chaper-monlogues. I mean it was ok back with Warcraft 1, but a decade at least passed since that when this game appeared on the market!

All in all this game is boring, with zero replayablity. It is not actually a bad game, just a thing without colour. An Icewind Dale.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 19-01-2011, 05:54 AM   #18
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
Now this is also not an RPG game. What makes an RPG? The choices being there. Not necessarily for the main story, but at least for some quests. Here though are no alternatives. At all. So a combat oriented adventure game? Maybe. RPG? No.
saying that an infinity engine game isn't an rpg is like beating up a person because he is black and then saying that you are not a racist

and the other points, wow man, i'm not even going to start. you must have a really crappy taste in games
Old 19-01-2011, 03:20 PM   #19
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
saying that an infinity engine game isn't an rpg is like ...
Man, this was like saying that every game with Quake engine must be a shooter. Like Thief (lol).
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 21-01-2011, 03:10 AM   #20
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

...infinity engine was ever only used for these games...