Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-01-2008, 06:00 PM   #1
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

Default What were the five worst games.

List the five worst games you have played and why. Commercial releases only.

I am working on my list. So far I have

1. Mode- terrible, still trying to figure out what was supposed to be accomplished.

2. Dog Day

3. A Quiet Weekend in Capri - Reminds me of my parents vacation slide shows.

Have any of you played any of the Residents games? What did you think? I played Bad Day on the Midway and am still trying to make sense of it.
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer
Old 02-01-2008, 06:05 PM   #2
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

yesterday i found this gem. a real gem of kidney stones
Old 02-01-2008, 07:02 PM   #3
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

I hate RCT2, but probably that's because it is a step backwards from the first one with it's expansions. The worse thing is, that I waited and bought Totally RollerCoaster for a low price, and I had and have the attitude to not buy games at full price, but I was so excited that I couldn't wait in case of RCT2 (and I wanted to support the series and the makers). It's interesting, that I always bought games at full price that fell in price quite quickly, while I waited for low price editions or price reductions of games that seemingly never left their initial price behind...
Old 02-01-2008, 08:09 PM   #4
dosraider
Dismembered.

I've didn't play t'll end those games, I really don't play games I don't like.
Pointless to do so.
I did try them, but ..... worthless ones (luckily they're all 'borowed' )
C&C Renegade, total screw up of the C&C gameplay.
Tomb Raider (ALL of them).
HL2 and Ep1 (Too easy).
HALO (pffffffrt big deal).

The 'bad feeling' that C&C R and the HL2 gave me was most about the total restriction of freedom of movement, scripted, guided games.
At least HALO had some *some* freedom of movement, a bit of scouting left, but not enough to fully enjoy the game.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 02-01-2008, 08:20 PM   #5
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Warhammer 40k: Chaos Gate is definitely on my list. An UFO clone, in many aspects barely a cheap copy of the original, even though it was released six years later...
Black Mirror is close second. Point-and-click adventure, with a promising beginning but very annoying puzzles. In several points of the game there are REAL-TIME waits until something occurs. Go and occupy yourself for quarter an hour until someone finds XXX for you, thankyouverymuch. I gave up near the end, since after an hour total a certain event still didn't happen even though I've been everywhere, got/done everything and talked to every character about everything as well. The first and last about five times over.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 02-01-2008, 08:49 PM   #6
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
C&C Renegade, total screw up of the C&C gameplay.
Seconded strongly.

I forgot to mention Empire Earth. The only good point is the wide range of units, but then again they are unbalanced. Also an example of the price mystery I wrote of above - bought it for DM90 (€45), and few months later it was at €30, then €20, then €20 together with it's expansion Art of Conquest! :mad:
Old 02-01-2008, 10:35 PM   #7
blackboard
Forum hobbit

Kings Quest 8 is probably the worst game I have ever played. I liked the Kings Quest titles (in particular Kings Quest III), but Kings Quest 8 was simply unplayable. The interface was a pain and the gameplay in general not very nice. A sad end for a nice series.
blackboard is offline                         Send a private message to blackboard
Old 02-01-2008, 10:36 PM   #8
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Tough one, I'll have to come back to this one, but the biggest let-down last year, without a shaddow of a doubt: TES Oblivion.

A bloated, shiny piece of shite. Character creation as deep as in Pac Man, and magic more crippled than a chicken nugget. Add a world as interesting as yesterday's coleslaw and you have a failure of epic proportions.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:13 PM   #9
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Oblivion is certainly among the worst letdowns of any game I've ever played, though it does have some redeeming features among the rubbish: nice dungeon construction, and improved enemy AI.

Some games have nothing to offer. Nothing. Where's Fat Lou? was a horrendous Italian graphical adventure hybrid. Don't Quit Your Day Job showed that the famous Comedy Club knew nothing about quality in making a game. Last of the Mohicans was an attempt to make JF Cooper's bad novel into a formula RPG, without any success--even the pathing was so bad that your team would end up miles away from one another if you gave them a straight line to travel. Then there was an awful French graphical adventure which had nothing beyond music from Wagner's Ring Cycle and a few R-rated animated teasers. Can't remember the name, and it's just as well.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 03-01-2008, 05:12 AM   #10
Phaedris

Dungeon Lords is one of the worst RPG's i have ever played buggy weak story crappy fighting and laggy multiplayer also bad character and weapon design.

Icewind dale horrible RPG bad story linear and boring complete pile of crap compared to Baldur's gate series.

Serious Sam II is repetitive and tedious and i tried it in multiplayer that normally makes crap FPS a little better but it didn't help.

Universe at War I dislike this game it has horrible gameplay and ugly unit designs.

Rome Total War I really hate this game really terrible AI and bad unit balance the only thing it had going for it was its graphics and the massive scale of its battles but you get tired of the game after that wares off quickly there is nothing to like about it some mods balanced out the units but couldn't fix the AI compared to Shogun Total War and Medieval Total War.
Rome was a big disappointment as they could have made the game something really special but they failed miserably its a pity as both Shogun Total War and Medieval Total War are great games.

If I can think of any more terrible games i may amend this list.
Phaedris is offline                         Send a private message to Phaedris