Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-02-2017, 08:25 AM   #1
Frostfell

Default Quiz players - your motivation for playing?

I realized today that I started playing the screenshot quiz on a daily basis almost 7 years ago. This week I managed to creep up 1 position on the leaderboards, but it took me almost a year to do this (I'm at #44 now, woohoo!). This made me wonder: who are my "opponents" ?

My main motivation for playing is a shot of much needed nostalgia everyday before I go to work. Sometimes screenshots bring back memories of happy times and sometimes this even makes me download and play a game in the evening. I even try out games I never played as a kid, because I like the artwork. Very motivational!

As I didn't play all the games on Abandonia when I was younger, I consider myself a mediocre quiz player: some weeks I only guess one screenshot (after 20 minutes of browsing through the database), some weeks I manage 5 out of 7.

So who are all you other players? How long have you been playing? Are the people with the higher rankings still playing actively? Would love to read your stories.
Frostfell is offline                         Send a private message to Frostfell