Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-01-2005, 10:22 PM   #1
WildZeppelin
Super Freak

I'm either having a brain fart, or something squirrelly is goin on with my pc... I thought I had this running, but some odd reason it tells me it's not installed, and no amount of effort will let me install it.
Can anyone refresh me how they did this using dosbox in windows xp?
WildZeppelin is offline                         Send a private message to WildZeppelin
Old 30-01-2005, 10:49 PM   #2
Netskimmer

I'm playing the SQC right now on an XP system. I'm up to part three. I just installed the collection directly through XP without using dosBox.
Netskimmer is offline                         Send a private message to Netskimmer
Old 30-01-2005, 11:37 PM   #3
WildZeppelin
Super Freak

dang! Why does it work for you!? When I put it in, it starts to install the setup for installation part. Then it says it needs to install winmx (if I remember right). Says there's an error and it stops that part, but they says needs to restart windows. Does this, and if I try to install any of the 5 games, it gives erros. Did you make any changes when you installed? Or did you do anything special?
WildZeppelin is offline                         Send a private message to WildZeppelin
Old 31-01-2005, 12:38 AM   #4
Netskimmer

WinMX? Isn't that a file sharing program? I didn’t do anything unusual, that I know of, I just put the CD in and ran the installer. Could it be that some of the files on the CD have the same extension as files associated with WinMX?
Netskimmer is offline                         Send a private message to Netskimmer
Old 31-01-2005, 04:39 AM   #5
WildZeppelin
Super Freak

honeslty, I can't recall. I'm at work so I can't pull it up on my home system. I'll take better notes next time.
I hate it when things are freakin simple, only you have to be the one that your system is different enough it no worky like everyone else. gah!!!
Old 31-01-2005, 01:24 PM   #6
Netskimmer

Multi-generational computer game/OS compatibility simple? HAHAHAHAAAAHAAAHAAAA!
Old 02-02-2005, 03:04 AM   #7
WildZeppelin
Super Freak

ARG?!