Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 19-07-2005, 10:03 PM   #91
YoStone

I don't like that when you die your soul lives forever like think about how much you would be bored after 100.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.00 0.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000. 000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.00 0.000.000.000years even if you are in paradice
YoStone is offline                         Send a private message to YoStone
Old 19-07-2005, 10:04 PM   #92
Shifter
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via ICQ to Shifter

Quote:
Originally posted by Classic Pig@Jul 19 2005, 08:52 PM
Ok getting onto topic again...

I am not Catholic but I am a Christian (is it meant to be capitalised?).

Just for a moment imagine the most intense love you have ever felt for any person you have ever loved. I am not talking about lust for a person when you want to get into a sexual relationship! I am talking about love that knocks you off your feet with the sheer weight of it. Love that makes you feel like you are walking on air just being with that person.
Well take that kind of love and imagine it doubling in intensity every day for eternity and you may begin to understand the beginning of the bliss that awaits in heaven.

Biblically speaking (though I am no scholar) heaven is a place where God (Father, Jesus and Holy Spirit) reigns. It is a spiritual realm and is filled with love. It is georgeous beyond your wildest imagination. Take a trip to a place in nature that takes your breath away and you'll begin to understand how beautiful it is. For a while the people who get there will spend time there but eventually Jesus will return to earth, finish off evil once and for all and God will recreate the earth as it was in the beginning before sin came about. Then we will live and walk and talk with God as Adam and Eve did in Eden and we will be fulfilled for eternity.

Maybe sounds like a piece of fiction but I sure pray that as you read this it stirred something in you. Maybe butterflies, goose bumps or intellectual ascent. Whatever it is I hope to have gotten the point across.

Have an awesome day!
Very well put =D
Old 20-07-2005, 07:47 AM   #93
Sameeralord
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by efthimios+Jul 17 2005, 02:59 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (efthimios @ Jul 17 2005, 02:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by Sameeralord@Jul 17 2005, 12:50 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-efthimios
Quote:
@Jul 17 2005, 11:33 AM
But, since you would have no memories and no knowledge of that previous life, how would you be responsible for that? Why pay for something you do not know you have done?

Ok why are there poor people and rich people in this world. So if they is no rebirth and we only have one life why do some people in this world are happy and some people are sad why are some people disabled. How come everyone doesn't born as equal.It depends what you did in your previous life good or bad. No one is going come and tell you you did that and that in your previous life if you did something bad or good in your previous life you would get it some point of your life cycle.
Why isn't everyone born equal? I guess you mean like having money, well build body, clever etc? Because if everyone was we would all be robots from an assembly line. Some people get rich by thinking and doing something others haven't before them, others because their forefathers did, others because they steal, others because they exploit other humans, others because they win the money in lotter, others because they use their brain and are not afraid to experiment, with some luck, presto! money!

As for physicaly different, you might want to check some biology as a first step, then genes etc.

I seriously do not like the idea of anyone being rich because they deserve it according to what they (supposedetly sp?) did in their previous life. It sure sounds like something it could be used to suppress the people not wanting more than they have because "they deserve" what they have according to what they did in their previous life. This sounds like pure expoitational ideas from some who want the people to shut up and not question their authority. [/b][/quote]
Hey look you just want to start a fight with me here or do you just want to discuss. I don't tell this religion is right this religion is wrong you can purely believe what you think is right and I have no problems with that. Also I have no intention of making people not question their authority.

@Omg:disabled people had bad karma in a previos life?
I can see what you mean but if a person is born blind do you think that it happened because he did good Karma in his life.

rich people have had good karma?
You are perfectly right but what I mean is if you have good Karman you would have a good life in your next birth

a buhhdist or hindu gets better karma than a christian?
WHAT WHERE HAVE I SAID THAT. This is not my opinion at all and this totally stupid question people have. your answer is correct.

so i murder loads of babies but i die, so i wont remeber it in my future life so the punisment lifes wont affect me?
You are right

karma takes away my freedom of choice?
What can I say k:

Ok I believe in these things and you have the right to believe in what you think. k:
Sameeralord is offline                         Send a private message to Sameeralord
Old 20-07-2005, 09:44 AM   #94
omg
Games Master

actually i was taking the oppertunity to set the record straight on a few misconceptions. if you could see my bookshelf you would see why i get annoyed by people spouting b.s about karma. if you had read properly what i had written rather than skimming it you would have seen it wasnt all aimed at you.

yes a blind person could indeed have good karma. to come back as human means you have had good karma. blind or no. and the challange of a blind man is deserving and great.

say what you mean then. rich people tend to be heading for a huge wodge of bad karma. you said rich people had good karma in a previos life. it seems you are mistaking quality of life with money

as i have said the whole rant wasnt aimed at you, just general bs i have heard over the years

and the other 2 we seemed to agree on.

i belive what i think for a reosen. ie: my bookshelf. some of the views i have actually clash with some of the views of his holiness the dali llma himself yeah. but there is a lot of arrogence and ego hidden within that mans work. and that is the primary evil. unfortunatly it is an orginized religion so it falls to the same traps all orginized religions do. ahh well.

anyways sameerlord it seems we agree a lot on this subject so please dont take anything i have said as an attack k:
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 20-07-2005, 11:01 AM   #95
Sameeralord
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by omg@Jul 20 2005, 09:44 AM
actually i was taking the oppertunity to set the record straight on a few misconceptions. if you could see my bookshelf you would see why i get annoyed by people spouting b.s about karma. if you had read properly what i had written rather than skimming it you would have seen it wasnt all aimed at you.

yes a blind person could indeed have good karma. to come back as human means you have had good karma. blind or no. and the challange of a blind man is deserving and great.

say what you mean then. rich people tend to be heading for a huge wodge of bad karma. you said rich people had good karma in a previos life. it seems you are mistaking quality of life with money

as i have said the whole rant wasnt aimed at you, just general bs i have heard over the years

and the other 2 we seemed to agree on.

i belive what i think for a reosen. ie: my bookshelf. some of the views i have actually clash with some of the views of his holiness the dali llma himself yeah. but there is a lot of arrogence and ego hidden within that mans work. and that is the primary evil. unfortunatly it is an orginized religion so it falls to the same traps all orginized religions do. ahh well.

anyways sameerlord it seems we agree a lot on this subject so please dont take anything i have said as an attack* k:
Actually Omg I'm totally agreeing with the rich poor thing at the end it all matters how your life is so basically if you do good karma you would have a good life. I said it in my previous post. Now for the blind situation. You are right to get a human life you need to have good Karma but there is some bad karma you did your previous life that led to blindness. Can you be bit more clear in this one cause this is the only thing that confuses me. No I love to discuss this topic so I don't take any of these things as attacks k:
Sameeralord is offline                         Send a private message to Sameeralord
Old 20-07-2005, 11:07 AM   #96
Classic Pig

Quote:
Originally posted by Shifter@Jul 19 2005, 10:04 PM
Very well put =D
Thanks.

And to add to the karma dicussion how about a Cerebal Palsied kid with nothing going on in their brain. Their entire life is spent drooling in a chair. Where is the karma in that? Good karma to be born a vegetable??? :eeeeeh:

I believe in what the Bible says and that is that God forgives but he is also just. That means that even though He wants to forgive and give full life sometimes something goes wrong in a family line and ends up in a CP, blind, deaf etc child. This is because the sins of the fathers are visited on their children (that is in the Bible too). I also believe that God can and does heal people. All I know is that once you have experienced the miraculous all intellectual arguements fall flat.

Have a wonderful day!!

:bye:
Old 20-07-2005, 11:14 AM   #97
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Pharaoh@Jul 19 2005, 09:03 PM
Why you want know how is the heaven..? :crazy:
Don´t fear you destiny, don´t fear your death..
Just love your life and love the peoples that you like... k:
I don't understand why you think that thinking about heaven means fearing life :blink:

Personally i could fear a life that brings to nothing... in that case probably i'll choose to love no one else but me!

@ Classic pig: k:
Old 20-07-2005, 11:18 AM   #98
Sameeralord
Game freak

I can see symptoms of religious fight here which I really don't need.

This just shows the high amount of bad karma he has done in his previous life do be in a situation like that. Anyways I respect what you believe in. If Bible what you believe I have no problems with that k:

One more thing don't you think that it makes sense. You do the right and nothing would happen to you without waiting for a supernatural force to help you!!
Old 20-07-2005, 11:21 AM   #99
omg
Games Master

the bible is a bit to all over the place for me.
(one minute dont kill the next throw stones at em till they are dead )
(one minute freedom of choice the next the sins of the father)
ect....
so you are saying that its fine for the sins of the father to be vested on the child and lead to c.p but its not fine for that souls eveloution to end up with it spending a life in c.p?
wow....
*sorry mr jones that your son is blind. this is becuase when you were young you slept around and masturbated*
*sorry mrs peterson your son has c.p. you really should have married the first person you slept with*

i could go on. thats certainly a just god isnt it. besides if that is the case my father was most definatly what you christians would consider a sinner. oh yes. the kind you just dont get around so much these days. proper old school nasty. have his sins been vested on me? (hmm full vision, no cp, i can actually go a day without booze)
its really making me laught to see christians saying that the boundries of karma remove personall choice. haha. you guys just have so much more choice under your system dont you.... then again its a book that actually uses the *you are the sheep i am the shephard* analogy quite a bit. something tells me he is gonna come back to earth, lead you all into the light... of a giant meat pie factory.

omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 20-07-2005, 11:25 AM   #100
Classic Pig

Quote:
Originally posted by omg@Jul 20 2005, 09:44 AM
to come back as human means you have had good karma. blind or no. and the challange of a blind man is deserving and great.

Only referring to that. Trying to figure out where it leaves a person who is born with a severe disability. They have no mind to choose anything either good or bad in this life so then where to from there. They will not ever have the opportunity to create good karma and as such surely would be doomed to a miserable existance for ever?