Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-11-2006, 08:48 PM   #31

I uploaded the manual to Kosta. He should make available as soon as he can.

Old 29-11-2006, 05:19 PM   #32
the captain

Is the manual available yet? I would enjoy playing this game again.
the captain is offline                         Send a private message to the captain
Old 30-11-2006, 01:03 AM   #33
grassblade

The powers that B have it. I assume they will make it available as soon as it's collated into pdf format.

I'm really a newb here, so I don't know how long things actually take.
Old 23-02-2007, 12:35 AM   #34

are there any other games almost exactly like this game cause i really feel like getting back into a game like this again... i love this game for some reason and havent found a game like it. so anyone know of any games like this one?

Old 23-02-2007, 09:10 PM   #35

what about the manual? please make it available.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Feb 23 2007, 01:35 AM) [snapback]280571[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
are there any other games almost exactly like this game cause i really feel like getting back into a game like this again... i love this game for some reason and havent found a game like it. so anyone know of any games like this one?
[/b]
wizards crown, natuk, nahlakh, helherron

Old 13-03-2007, 06:34 PM   #36

Hi all. I managed to get this game working on an Atari St emulator (Steem). The manual is included with my download. I have gameplay questions

1) Where do I find thieves' tools? I have been exploring for awhile now.
2) Where do I get the quest for the tower dungeon in Farnus?
3) How do I complete the quest in which I need to collect tribute from the city of Cartha, the capital city of Denias? Do I need to conquer Cartha in order to get tribute? Or do I need to complete the Cartha quest, which requires that I complete the Dwarven quest?
4) I can't seem to get the letter of peace from Denias to give to the Dwarven King in the territory of Tobruk. Sorry I can't give a more detailed description, but I am not at school right now and don't have access to the game.

Thanks

Rob

Old 27-04-2007, 11:40 AM   #37
Ferris

Hi,

Please can someone let us know the situation with the manual? It seems that the crack idea has reached a dead end, but there must be someone out there with a manual that can be scanned and uploaded? Frustratingly, I threw mine out a couple of years ago in the midst of a big clear out of old games, but would love to play this one again.

Cheers,

Chris

Old 08-05-2007, 05:21 PM   #38
Svend Karlson

Game is now playable in 4 easy steps:

1. Download the main program zip from this site & install it
2. Do NOT run the crack file, just delete it
3. Download the 1.013 patch zip & apply it (if you cannot find it, message me, I'll email you it)
2. Download the manual from this site (essential, unplayable without it)

The manual is needed because without it you cannot get past the manual copy protection built into the game (the supplied crack doesn't remove all the protection) & the patch is needed because the main executable file has already been 'cracked' even if you don't run the crack supplied, which triggers an additional copy protection measure that will cripple your game after about 6 hours of playing.

I've now been playing for quite some time, it's just as I remembered it, sort of.

In answer to the question about the theives tools above, I cannot say for certain, but there is a theives guild in a tower inside Teal. Theives tools may be inside, but presently I cannot fight past a band of cutthroughts to progress beyond the very beginning of that tower.
Svend Karlson is offline                         Send a private message to Svend Karlson
Old 23-06-2007, 11:27 AM   #39
Svend Karlson

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Mar 13 2007, 07:34 PM) [snapback]283446[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hi all. I managed to get this game working on an Atari St emulator (Steem). The manual is included with my download. I have gameplay questions

1) Where do I find thieves' tools? I have been exploring for awhile now.
2) Where do I get the quest for the tower dungeon in Farnus?
3) How do I complete the quest in which I need to collect tribute from the city of Cartha, the capital city of Denias? Do I need to conquer Cartha in order to get tribute? Or do I need to complete the Cartha quest, which requires that I complete the Dwarven quest?
4) I can't seem to get the letter of peace from Denias to give to the Dwarven King in the territory of Tobruk. Sorry I can't give a more detailed description, but I am not at school right now and don't have access to the game.

Thanks

Rob
[/b]
1. From the Theives Guild in Teal, located in the Tower to the north west of the garrison quarters. There are two sets in a room on the second floor, to the right hand side after going down the stairs. To get to them though, you will need to be able to kill multiple groups of cuttthroats & assassins (skills will need to be around 200, and with good equipment)

2. Don't know yet. What I can tell you, is that it does not come from the quest line of Aragual, Constantium, Hollengard or Kitara, since I have completed those.

3. There are two tribute quests for Cartha. One given by Pallasade, the other by Rathadon. To complete the latter you must first complete the first Hollenguard quest. The second Hollenguard quest then becomes shipping mithril to Cartha, which satisfies the first Cartha quest. The second Cartha quest is then to take tribute to Pallasade.

Where I am stuck, is with the first Farnus quest, which is to find a survivor of the battle of Unthor in Teal. Cannot find him anywhere. Not being able to find him prevents completion of the first Teal quest too, which is to get a tribute of some kind from Farnus. It also prevents a Demata quest, the 3rd one I think, which is to retrieve a sword from Teal.

If anyone has completed that Farnus quest. Help would be welcome. I've searched every square of Teal to no avail.
Svend Karlson is offline                         Send a private message to Svend Karlson
Old 23-06-2007, 02:56 PM   #40
grassblade

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(captain_crunch_muncher @ Nov 29 2006, 06:19 PM) [snapback]269272[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Is the manual available yet? I would enjoy playing this game again.
[/b]
Seems they finally put up the manual. Don't know when; don't even know if it's the one I sent, but it is there.