Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-05-2005, 09:49 PM   #1
TedtheKing

Red face

Abandonia Reloaded has some really neat features that Abandonia doesn't. Why not add the random game feature to Abandonia, same with the positive and negative points thing. I really like the way Abandonia Reloaded is set out as well. It's a great looking site. :bye:
TedtheKing is offline                         Send a private message to TedtheKing
Old 08-05-2005, 10:57 PM   #2
Unknown Hero
Home Sweet Abandonia

Good idea! I agree that we should make some of those features available even here. k:
Unknown Hero is offline                         Send a private message to Unknown Hero
Old 08-05-2005, 11:29 PM   #3
xcom freak
Games Master

It is true that some features in reloaded are great and should be used in abandonia also
but we must bear in mind that Reloaded has A LOT less games than Abandonia. So i think implementing these features on Abandonia will be a lot harder than on reloaded.
xcom freak is offline                         Send a private message to xcom freak
Old 08-05-2005, 11:58 PM   #4
Kosta
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

That is correct. Not to mention that the entire database was laid out different for Reloaded. I've learned a lot from Abandonia so when designing the organization and features on Reloaded, I was able to do it better and more feature-rich right away. Every little change on Abandonia will require huge efforts, especially if its content-oriented (such as the positive&negative points). The random game feat could be made though, I'm just unsure where I would place that in the existing layout.

Kosta is offline                         Send a private message to Kosta
Old 09-05-2005, 03:46 AM   #5
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Well to be quite honest, I prefer the layout of Abandonia (although there is still room for some improvements), because I find AR too much similar to lemon64.
It's a great site, but not my cup of tea.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 09-05-2005, 05:26 AM   #6
vipin
Super Freak

Send a message via AIM to vipin

I think more time is needed. Let people visit Abandonia Reloaded for few days and Abandonia simultaneously. After a few days, they can figure out very well which one is better. Abandonia Reloaded may look attractive currently but Abandonia's look is quite better still.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:56 AM   #7
TedtheKing

Yeah, that's true.
TedtheKing is offline                         Send a private message to TedtheKing
Old 09-05-2005, 06:44 AM   #8
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Both sites have their unique points to them, and that's cool because it adds variety and depth to both sites, yeah all that's needed is time, it's only been a couple of days so far.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 09-05-2005, 08:21 AM   #9
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by vipin@May 9 2005, 07:26 AM
...After a few days, they can figure out very well which one is better...
Well the sites aren't competing and both are good, so it's just a matter of taste... Which site will appeal more to some people (for me it's Abandonia, for someone else it might be reloaded...).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 09-05-2005, 09:57 AM   #10
mika
Games Master

Not only are they not competing, but are complementing each other. Don't forget that they are there to promote totally different "products" and "services".

You can see from Reloaded that Kosta and Maikel have both learned a lot since designing and developing Abandonia. The site looks and works brilliantly. This kind stuff can only be learned by creating and experiencing.
mika is offline                         Send a private message to mika