Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-10-2017, 12:19 PM   #21
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
Where are you getting 8MB from? The archive I gave to AB is 270MB.
From game page, of course. But Japo seems fixed it already.
Quote:
I don't know if the Old Games version even works, but you're welcome to pay them to download it if you want (their downloads are not free).
I believe, you are mistaken. old-games.ru have totally free downloads, AFAIK. But just to prove it, I'll download it during lunch...
Quote:
Why don't you download if from AB, so you can see for yourself that nothing is missing?
Because 1. I haven't endless time (and mostly it's work time actually); 2. Game page said about 8Mb; and 3. Notes said that custom levels and online doesn't work. So my conclusions.

I am wrong? Ok, then I am wrong, sorry. I never claimed that I am _right_ in my conclusions, actually.

...And meanwhile old-games version downloaded along with Abandonia one. Checking:

1. Abandonia verion and old-games are the same by size. Minus demo, of course.
2. Multiplayer and custom levels are working in both versions. But there are no custom level in archive, so you need to download it separately. And as there is "Host/Join" functionality, you need to have at least two participants to MP work.

So, Japo, I believe, it worth to get custom levels to site, just in case. If you want, I can download it and upload to FTP.

Last edited by Smiling Spectre; 25-10-2017 at 12:24 PM.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 25-10-2017, 01:26 PM   #22
tienkhoanguyen
[BANNED]

Talking

Dear Frodo,

What Smiley seems to be saying is that mods don't have a lot of time because they are over worked. I noticed there are 1 million visitors almost to this website. So they are probably censoring a lot of BS. So those who get to talk and be noticed have pretty much got it made. In other words we got our foots in the door. However to reach translator status like Myst takes another butt kissing that I am NOT willing to do since I have a girlfriend. hehe

But between you and me I know your game is 270MB because I downloaded. In fact it was zipped and was expanded. It had the folder Gruntz within Gruntz. I thought it might not work since a bootable ISO might be required. However the movie played complete to the end where they jumped into the worm hole and that is when the game play starts. And on the game page the Gruntz pop out of the worm hole and that is where the game play begins.

So now you know that I have reached the game play page. But I didn't want to continue on. Thank you! I hope to give this to my daughter when I have her many years into the future.

Between you and me Jesus Christ people are not supposed to like witches but I will make an exception because of your heart. But I don't want to eat your heart. I just appreciate it hehe
tienkhoanguyen is offline                         Send a private message to tienkhoanguyen
Old 25-10-2017, 05:06 PM   #23
Japo
Autonomous human

If there's additional material we're always happy to add it. I don't have a full picture so please make your case if you think it's best to add an extra or replace the main archive. But the main archive can't be larger than 300 MB approx.
Old 27-10-2017, 02:17 PM   #24
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
If there's additional material we're always happy to add it. I don't have a full picture so please make your case if you think it's best to add an extra or replace the main archive. But the main archive can't be larger than 300 MB approx.
No-no, main archive is totally good, and I apologized for wrong assumptions (didn't I said it clear and loud? Repeat, Frodo, I was wrong, and I am sorry!).

But there is misleading text in description (online and extra levels _are_ work in Abandonia version). And there are whole lot of this levels, not included with game. I'll get it when I'll have free time and upload it to FTP, I think. Then I'll make note here.