Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-03-2006, 10:37 AM   #111

Hey just look at this stie http://www.moonstonetavern.co.uk they are makeing a remake

Old 24-03-2006, 01:03 AM   #112
Stephquan

I have played both the amiga and PC version (i OWNED the pc version wiht box, manual, map and disks about 10 years ago, i hear its worth alot of money in germany now

the amiga version (i am running right now im WinUAE) has better sound, music, is slightly harder, and mythril the mystic actually does something.

the pc version is a bit easier, but the lairs have more monsters.

the buttons, for all those out there, are as follows

'FIRE (enter)' plus:

up arrow -Strong overhead chop, does most damage but its slow

forward arrow(towards opponent) - quick slash, fast and medium power. good for finishing guys off

Down arrow - This will parry an overhead chop from the other knights and the
axe/hammer guys and the jab from spears (not the big blue trolls though)

back arrow(away from opponent)- reverse chop, weak but sometimes useful

up+forward - upper thrust. good for dragon and balloks (big jumping guys in NE section)

Down+forward - Jab. longest range attack, use on spear men. second spearman wont come until the bleeding stops

down+back - Block. Blocks the Slash of other knights and of the hammer/axe
trollocks.

back+ up - Dagger throw. great to stop enemies and finish guys off.

specials - press down and fire on the ratmen (in forest) to stab them in the head/in the tree. also down and fire when the mudmen have you in their hand.

Old 24-03-2006, 01:08 AM   #113
Stephquan

sorry that last one was so long...

to finish the game, you have to go to stonehenge (in the forest) when the moon is right, this will give you the finale!

in the pc version, dont bother visiting mythril - he doesnt really work.

to exit your inventory, press fire (enter?) when the cursor is OVER one of the white pillars

In the PC version (maybe amiga) sometimes when a new day starts, or you beat a lair, the screen will be black. press SPACE to go to your inventory, and then exit and the map should re-appear!

the dragon can be killed with any sword, just takes time with shortsword. you can get in a position where, when he lowers his head to breathe fire you can hit him with overhead chop just in time. we used to call it the 'death roll'. just keep doing overhead chop and you cant lose!

to force the dragon to fight you (he usually has sword of sharpness) in PC (maybe amiga?) version, when its your turn press SPACE then exit. do this as many times as you need to eventually the dragon will pick you as a target.

Thats about it, i have finished this game probably 100 times ask me anything

Old 24-03-2006, 07:37 AM   #114
Gamefreak

You're actually wrong, that Mythril gives sometimes some bonuses, but sometimes he's in bad mood and turns you into a frog where you can't enter lairs (if I remember correctly) and are beaten automatically by enemy players if they encounter you, losing a life and probably some items (they like to steal good stuff).

Old 25-03-2006, 02:16 PM   #115
Stephquan

Im talking about the guy at waterdeep in the bottom corner, not the magician (MATH) in the tower in the wastelands.

he often has errors in my pc versions as well, where every item in the game is listed down the screen in no apparent order.

these are just my experiences, some versions/systems might play the game perfectly.

as for 'mythril the mystic', on the PC version i have played the only responses you could get from him where
'My powers are weak right now and i cannot reach into the cosmos'

or, in the top left hand corner of the screen the letters AMAAG would appear and again, nothing would happen. AMAAG has become a running joke with my friends and i when we want to annoy each other

anyway, dont let these common errors turn you off, its a *GREAT* game...i play it still when i am in the mood

Old 26-03-2006, 01:51 PM   #116
Grayfox

why when you want to download it says no go because its esa protected how?
ive checked who the members are and mindscape arnt one :blink: im only sayin this cause i want to play it again

Old 26-03-2006, 02:42 PM   #117
Master MC
Hero Gamer

Yeah, the Oldwarez list says it is Abandonware, but the company is ESA protected.
If you have solid evidence that the game is fit for download, please give it so that someone can sort it out.
Master MC is offline                         Send a private message to Master MC
Old 26-03-2006, 06:20 PM   #118
Grayfox

well i dont but some1 else must surely? :help:

:Titan:
He he boom

Old 27-03-2006, 10:56 AM   #119
Stephquan

try the moonstone tavern?

last time i was there they had both versions... the guy who runs the site posted earlier in the forum have a look through for the link to his site.

Old 27-03-2006, 03:39 PM   #120
Grayfox

ok thanx

Grayfox is offline                         Send a private message to Grayfox