Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-02-2009, 10:10 AM   #181
Johnny_Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
Alt-X or CTRL-C says the quick ref card (downloadable in PDF format on game sheet)

I don't know if anyone still checks this thread, but I recently discovered SCUMMvm and am rediscovering those grand old LucasArts games, such as the Secret of Monkey Island and Loom.

About Loom, I downloaded the game off of this site which is the EGA version (its officially abandonware, right?), and I realized soon after that there are a few other versions too.

I've done research, and the one I'd like to play the most would be the FM-Towns version.

Does anyone here have that? If so, could they be so kind as to upload/host it? It'd be greatly appreciated! I've only just played the beginning of Loom, and I've already fallen in love with it.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:39 AM   #182
Johnny_Boy

I'd also like to add that I have found and downloaded a VGA version of the game. These are the files...

000.LFL
901.LFL
902.LFL
903.LFL
904.LFL
Disk01.lec
Loom - Application File

... and it plays on SCUMMvm, but with no sound or music whatsoever. I don't know if its the VGA of the FM-Towns or if its the VGA of the talking version.

Also, I noticed that the EGA version which I got from this site has MANY more files, so I'm also wondering if this VGA version is a demo or something.

Also, if this is the full game, then, to have sound, do I have to just go and download the soundtrack? I've tried going to Home of the Underdogs for the patches but the site is inaccessible for some reason.\

And if there's no solution I'll be content playing the EGA :P.

Old 08-02-2009, 08:43 AM   #183
Johnny_Boy

Actually, I take back what I said. Yesterday I downloaded and listened to the Loom audio drama, and now I would really like to play the voiced over version.

Does anybody here have or know where to get the talkie version?

Old 08-02-2009, 02:49 PM   #184
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

it's not a demo version, it's just that vga version was stuffed in these few files unlike ega version that's on website. and it seems that you apparently got loom rip, without any sounds or what'sover, it's missing file "track1.ogg"

there you go, full talkie vga loom. play in scummvm (or dosbox if you have the excutable)
Old 08-02-2009, 07:19 PM   #185
Johnny_Boy
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
it's not a demo version, it's just that vga version was stuffed in these few files unlike ega version that's on website. and it seems that you apparently got loom rip, without any sounds or what'sover, it's missing file "track1.ogg"

there you go, full talkie vga loom. play in scummvm (or dosbox if you have the excutable)
Ah, thank you so much man! It works fine. I'm using Scummvm with it. I greatly appreciate this! You rock!

Old 28-04-2009, 10:38 AM   #186
Erich Zann

Loom's the best game ever made (along with Secret of Monkey Island and Master of Magic).
Awesome music, awesome atmosphere, awesome setting, awesome story, awesome gameplay concept... Pure magic.

Haven't read through the topic so I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but a fan-made sequel's been working on : http://www.apeirongames.de/
Time will tell.
Erich Zann is offline                         Send a private message to Erich Zann
Old 16-08-2009, 06:34 PM   #187
Saccade
[BANNED]

I've cracked the Dosbox/Boxer version of the VGA release - with music or speech - along with the FM-TOWNS ScummVM version.
And the Amiga.

I haven't found this sold anywhere.
But it's not my job to look.
Saccade is offline                         Send a private message to Saccade
Old 23-12-2009, 06:59 AM   #188
Da_Duke2000

Default Loom Sequel

Myself and a Team are working on Forge, the Loom Sequel. Our board can be found here if anyone is interested:
http://forgedemo.proboards.com/

Its an active production and we welcome questions about the project. Hope to see some of you there.

On a side note, I have all 3 Versions of Loom (EGA/VGA/FM Towns) for direct download if anyone would like.
Da_Duke2000 is offline                         Send a private message to Da_Duke2000
Old 23-12-2009, 10:16 AM   #189
riccso
Failboat guest

A fanmade Loom sequel? :thumbs:
Good luck,can't wait until it's done!
Old 23-12-2009, 01:03 PM   #190
Saccade
[BANNED]

I haven't really heard any mention in the game review or the thread that we have the Audio Drama of Loom available on Abandonia Frequency...

^is mentioned.
Saccade is offline                         Send a private message to Saccade