Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-06-2008, 07:38 PM   #441
dragutinovic

Default difficulties

i was able to run the game on my desktop, no problems. i did the same way on my laptop, but the game immediately jumps out (the DOS window opens and closes very quickly). i tried a lot of different things but it still doesn't start. can anybody help me here? (I use XP) thank you
dragutinovic is offline                         Send a private message to dragutinovic
Old 30-06-2008, 07:48 PM   #442
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

i remember this, it is an issue with country settings. try diggin up my posts this topic. if you fail, post in here and i might look into it again
Old 01-07-2008, 02:00 AM   #443
dragutinovic

I was able to run the game on cmd.exe it asked me to change the language. the biggest problem was that de cmd line didn't recognize de file Transporter Tycoon Deluxe.exe, so i changed the name of the .exe file to "transport" and it immediately recognized it as an exe file. i think it should be some problem with the fact that the file has 3 separated words (i remember that ms-dos didn't accept spaces between the words on file's name). thanks a lot and enjoy the game!
dragutinovic is offline                         Send a private message to dragutinovic
Old 01-07-2008, 09:00 AM   #444
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

you can run an excutable with spaces in commandline by putting it into quotes "transport tycoon deluxe.exe"
Old 18-07-2008, 05:18 AM   #445
stjester77

Default im confused

im a comlete newb when it comes to this stuff but i remember this game from when i was a kid.

ive downloaded it and put it in the registry but i dont know how to start the game if i open it and click run game it wants a cd

can any kind soul help me out
stjester77 is offline                         Send a private message to stjester77
Old 18-07-2008, 08:03 AM   #446
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Did your reboot your computer after installing the registry fix? If not, do it.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 18-07-2008, 06:50 PM   #447
ShadowBlade
Abandonia nerd

People, people! TTD is obsolete by now. Try OpenTTD!

It's a vastly improved clone and is fully compatible with modern PCs (Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Mac OS X, and Debian/Ubuntu i386). You need to download the game on Abandonia since OpenTTD uses its graphics, and then install OpenTTD itself, which you can download from its official site. The link I posted takes you to the About page, which describes all the major features.
ShadowBlade is offline                         Send a private message to ShadowBlade
Old 18-07-2008, 10:08 PM   #448
stjester77

i tried that and it still says it wants a cd when i click on the ttconfig icon then run game.and when i click setup it says registry error: cannot inmport ttdx.reg: error opening the file. There may be a disk or file system error
stjester77 is offline                         Send a private message to stjester77
Old 19-07-2008, 12:12 PM   #449
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Sounds like you have an incomplete or corrupted archive.
And you still didn't say jack about what operating system are you using, either.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 19-07-2008, 03:32 PM   #450
ShadowBlade
Abandonia nerd

Heed my advice, really. OpenTTD is the same game, only with tons of more features (like bigger maps, larger resolutions, more customization, etc.). It runs natively on modern operating systems, so you don't have to go through any trouble to get it running.

I sound like some sort of door-to-door salesman, but it's really that good. :laugh:
ShadowBlade is offline                         Send a private message to ShadowBlade