Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-10-2010, 06:36 PM   #21
Cycieties

Although some may disagree, Warcraft III. The "War Chest" of it has the expansion pack and original game for cheap. Playing custom games online (which you can even make your own) is hours of wasteful fun.
Cycieties is offline                         Send a private message to Cycieties
Old 17-10-2010, 09:30 PM   #22
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

This is a new one. It is a strategy-rpg, and is not DOS, but Flash-based game. The title is "Sonny".

Actually it is more "Sonny 2" what I recommend, as Sonny 1 is getting tedious after a time (you hit too low, the enemy regenerate too much, so the fights in it are just too long, therefor annoying).

As this is a flash-game, it is very simply-made: has a fighting screen, a shoping screen, and the ability/equipment/overview screens, but it is FUN, because it is just rolling! The second part at least, what gives you high damage, cool-sounding abilities, and much less enemy with healing. Also it makes you actually consider what type of equipments you want to wear, and not just "wear the one with the highest stats" what was the way in the first one.

It offers a "training" possibility beside the strickt story-mode, so you can earn extra money and experience when you need it.

The 2nd unlike the first offer whle new abilitytabs for the three classes, what is another good point.

There are also unlockables, and the game has an offline version (actually all previous version can be found on the net, ony one of the earliest is mentionable what had a glitch wich offered instant level to L30, what I heared the maximum is in the game).

The story starts when you turn into a zombie (at least that was the original concept, but in the second you can choose to be the result of other kind of experiments, like being a cyborg). You have a tape what is told to contain important information. You have (and find) a teammate. And there you are, revealing the past, the present, and maybe even the future.

Give it a try, maybe you can survive!
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 18-10-2010, 11:27 AM   #23
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

OMG dude, i found this hard core game recently, it's called life. you have to earn money and pay rent and have girlfriend and stuff. the graphics are pretty bad ass too

i probably picked a terrible difficulty though, because my character class is programmer and alignment chaotic neutral. well, good times

you can pick it in your local store for free too
Old 18-10-2010, 12:56 PM   #24
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
OMG dude, i found this hard core game recently, it's called life.
Damn hard game indeed.
And long term strategy choices are a must.
Better think twice before you make any decisions, they can screw up your whole game.

Still missing a "save game" option, or rollback possibility.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 18-10-2010, 01:29 PM   #25
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

The respawn options are terrible though, unless you're Buddhist.
Old 18-10-2010, 05:08 PM   #26
Scatty
Treasure hunter

But you forget the points! The points! There's lots of food also.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty