Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 10:51 PM   #21
Japo
Autonomous human

And I was kinda aroused at the time by Sophia's cleavage in Fate of Atlantis (in a grayscale monitor BTW!)...
Old 04-06-2009, 01:08 AM   #22
rabadi
New(bie) Kid on the Linux Users' Block

A boob or a nipple is NOT DONE? That means I can never expect Knights of Xentar and Mad Paradox hosted on Abandonia? Just kidding!

@Lulu_Jane & El Quia: Good points.

@Batmanifestdestiny: You can also check Mobygames. There is a rating system, on "Rating Systems" submenu (under the "Rap Sheet" menu), although not for every game.
rabadi is offline                         Send a private message to rabadi
Old 04-06-2009, 06:55 AM   #23
Erich Zann

That was already pointed out, but you can never do it too much : ratings are for parents who can't be bothered raising/educating/caring for their children. Period.
Erich Zann is offline                         Send a private message to Erich Zann
Old 04-06-2009, 10:11 AM   #24
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich Zann View Post
That was already pointed out, but you can never do it too much : ratings are for parents who can't be bothered raising/educating/caring for their children. Period.
No, parents who can't be bothered raising/educating/caring their children won't be interested in what games their kids are playing.

But, parents who care raising/educating/caring their children won't neither be interested in games ratings, they will make up their own mind, depending how much their child is grown/matured.
They certainly will not depend on what others think.

And of course, the way to be sure your kids really gonna like playing extreme violent games is to forbid it.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 04-06-2009, 03:09 PM   #25
Erich Zann

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
No, parents who can't be bothered raising/educating/caring their children won't be interested in what games their kids are playing.
True enough in a sense, just like TV has become the universal babysitter.

Yet it's nonetheless true that these ratings serve the purpose of the sole lazy "parents" - the ones who'll look at the ratings, allow or forbid, and be confident they have accomplished their parental duty. These I was speaking of.

Quote:
But, parents who care raising/educating/caring their children won't neither be interested in games ratings, they will make up their own mind, depending how much their child is grown/matured.
They certainly will not depend on what others think.
This one I more or less agree with, although there is a huge gap for me between "what others think", which is called - for instance - a review and can therefore be useful to the caring parents, and "bullcrap molded into human letters/numerals and then assigned more or less randomly by ignorant apes", which is what those ratings are. And that's insulting to bovine droppings.

Quote:
And of course, the way to be sure your kids really gonna like playing extreme violent games is to forbid it.
I disagree with the topos as a whole. I don't buy the whole "you like it because it's forbidden". The phenomenon sure does exists, but I don't believe in it as a general rule.
Erich Zann is offline                         Send a private message to Erich Zann
Old 04-06-2009, 03:27 PM   #26
El Quia
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich Zann View Post
I disagree with the topos as a whole. I don't buy the whole "you like it because it's forbidden". The phenomenon sure does exists, but I don't believe in it as a general rule.
I think he meant that if you forbid something, then they will try by any means to play it out of curiosity. Some, will try it for a few minutes and let it rest. Other, will try to analyze it throughly to see why it was forbidden for him. Other will try it out of curiosity, find it fun and get hooked. And other will play it and love it because it is forbidden. At least, that was what I think when that topos is uttered.
El Quia is offline                         Send a private message to El Quia
Old 04-06-2009, 04:10 PM   #27
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
And I was kinda aroused at the time by Sophia's cleavage in Fate of Atlantis (in a grayscale monitor BTW!)...
I'm still ...and I've taken screenshots of it. And what's wrong with admiring beautiful women - even when they are virtual? They did that view on purpose, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabadi View Post
Knights of Xentar
It's making its way onto the site at the moment. The NR-13 version, that is. :tongue:
Old 04-06-2009, 04:12 PM   #28
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
fap fap fap fap fap. oh wait,
fap fap fap
Old 04-06-2009, 04:35 PM   #29
Acethor
HECU Marine

He never said it was zoomed in that close..

We need help!! Click the link above if you're interested!
Acethor is offline                         Send a private message to Acethor
Old 04-06-2009, 04:36 PM   #30
El Quia
Abandonia Homie

You are a sick man, russ. A siiiick man...
El Quia is offline                         Send a private message to El Quia
Closed Thread