Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-04-2018, 05:37 PM   #271
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post
I am sowwy, twillight, if my off-topic posts caused you spain in any way.
Have a nice Caturday! Meow!
Oh not at all! I feel the new topic was considered so worthy, they opened its own topic for it!

------------

Now on the Selfishness tear. Playing these odd characters truly shows its worth.
Most tears are nobrainers:
- why'd you want +2 CON at Fear? First, make your character roll proper (I much better like set points to distribute because of this), second it only means a couple of HP and even that for warriors only. And if you need regeneration desperatly, why don't you just get an item? Heck, youcould even just murder the owner of the Adventurers' Mart for his ring, as this is the bloody endgame, so you don't go back!
- Greed is a nonissue in the vanilla games, because the Blackrazor simply doesn't work. And even then I bet it don't do squat on the important characters (Irenicus, Melissan, The Five). Even then you probably planned your character proper,and Blackrazor being an item you likely know wether you want it or not at the very beginning, so atleast no dilemma. I mean saving throws are nice, but in the end worst case you just reload.
- Pride: seriously. Exp as reward at this point?
- Wrath: 99% it is a nobrainer. First:CHA. Charisma is a dumpstat,and from this point even in ToB you won't by squat, and/or you'll have infinite money anyway. And there's the Ring of Human Influence.
Second, WIS. Wisdom is again a dumpstat, as its effect on Saving Throws are NOT IMPLEMENTED. So this only effects divine magic users,and you probably know how much melee you do with your character, right?

And finaly there's Selfishness. Sure, for a regular character it is a nobrainer, because the regular character either does not melee (like mage, or backstabbing thieves), or wears the mega-armors and reach bottom AC. And yes, AC does count even in ToB, you'd know this if you'd played with and without it in Sendai's Lair to be particular.
But take a character with serious item restrictions, like barbarian, wizard slayer, beast master and whatnot. Here this becomes a question. Because actualy how much you can rely on the particularly exclusive magic resistence?
Sure, barbarians can, but there is another question: they have very high resistance anyway, so should they go for Absolute Immunity, or settle with Minimal Risk? And the others have no inherent magic resistance, so even dressed up, how much that extra 10% counts? The AC suddenly sounds attractive if you give some thought to it. Especialy as you don't loose stats for it.

Btw, the creativity to "cheat" always astound me. Here people came upwith half a dosen solution to not loose a companion if choosing evil. The still-standing version is Mazing the one, as they figured out the choice is constant, not random. This is just amusing.

Wow, I didn't even had to wait for the transition to ToB! Simply being Selfish tore my class!!!

This also cause the Moondog Figurine to not be usable. If it was in your quick item slot it remains usable, but it returns to the backpack unfortunately.

Aquick note on weapons:
- while Gnasher says it does +2 dmg for 4 rounds, I found this very unreliable. It many times do only +2 dmg along the hit-damage, if at all (it seems to be physical damage, so StoneSkin works against it, AND does not count as another hit), and remains only a +2 weapon. So I ended up switching to Bone Club from Brynlaw (buy the +3 club in Saradush!).
- the Unlimited Ammo Fire Crossbow which is sold at the Watcher's Keep is super-poweful in every way, especialy as it though "fires +2 fire arrows" hits as +4 weapon (not upgraded)!

On the fight with Irenicus: beware, as he can cast Maze. Also worth to brin an unenchanted club/quarterstaff (club is easier to use in practice), as the slayer is not immun to normal weapons, so simply switch there if he casts immun to magic weapons.

Notes on armor: somehow red dragon and blue dragon armor are "metal", but shadow and white are "leather". Don't ask.
Also, being Fallen, the ranger-specific Montolio's Cloak is not available. Darn, that's a good item. But still being somewhat-ranger, fighter-specific items, like Helm of the Rock is also not available. Darn!

Now, I have a little gem for you people. I made (not as precise) notes on what was - according to the game - strongest monster I defeated. In order of power until now:
#1 diseased gibberling
#2 dire wolf
#3 ogre
#4 Silke
#5 flesh golem
#6 Kahrk
#7 Davaeron
#8 greater basilisk
#9 demon knight
#10 bone golem (this must be joking)
#11 unseeing eye
#12 Kangaxx, the demi-lich
#13 Firkraag

Saradush:
- no sidequest aside the mage shop helps you, so skip 'em.
- in the mage shop buy the second potion bag, the greenscrolls, and possibly another scroll case. I hope you brought Restoration Scrolls in the dozen, I feel you might need some.
- to bash open the Barrack you need 22 STR (with the +2 STR from wrath tear and some belt this is easy).

Why could I use Scimitar +3? (no prof in it, so no use)

Forest of Mir: I know, this has some fun-factor, but better not get leveldrained. Use up one of those Scroll of Cheese.

Next time: Watcher's Keep! Aside Gromnir's helm in Saradush we only need stuff from this place as equipment.
Sure, there're the two bows which could use the Bowstring of Gond, but they work without it (one cast of Imroved Speed, and even-faster-walking), and you can make an Improved Cloak +2 (found in Soa, scrolls can be bughtin Saradush, also only gained for Improved Speed cast), but aside these only the White Dragon Scale, the Staff of Ram (forGreater Whirlwind) and the Club of Detonation plays. Bowstring of Gond is at Sendai, way beyond the point you use any ranged weaponry.

-------------

I think I never did this maximum lvl, but came asap. Funny how different the monsters are, and their number incrised (when not plot-related, aka. the elementalrooms on lvl 2 are not changed). Number of statues on lvl 1 doubled, there were giant trolls as random monster instead of shadows...
Good news is, the local shop cures leveldrain as needed.
Against most monsters I'm immun (baal's tear immunity) though, so lol.

Got STR-incrise from Deck of Many Things. Tip: as this charis suseptible to leveldrain, let the succubi transport you, and right there step through the portal to the wraith, which isa leveldrain encounter. Spare with those restoration scrolls.
Otherwise the level was very easy. Serious difficulty drop.
In the end got the Gauntlet and the club. Not bothering with Demogorgon, as the Most powerful Vanquished does not upgrade I think.

Currently in Amethran. Mostly using the Human Flesh armor, but at the giants needed Ice Dragon Armor.

Last edited by twillight; 10-04-2018 at 11:23 PM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 11-04-2018, 03:30 AM   #272
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
See, you can write whatever you want. But people do factcheck on your claims at times, and then you get into trouble.

I found this link (oh howI have the beamdogs forum being filled witharrogant trolls, bulklies and cheaters!).
Let's go through the claims,shall we?

- The posts are NOT useful. Saying something like "Progress has been mainly standard - Shoal to get level 3, Beregost tasks level 4, basilisks level 5 & 6." is anything but informative.
And I doubt that amount of exp can come at that point, though basilisks do give hugh exp...Still would welcome DETAILS to measure.
- "He's [the character] just finished in the lighthouse area."- Ye? You weren't even in theNashkel Mines, and already doing the Syrens? Huh!
Sorry, overquoting edited

Quote:
What a pity, as Westwood have the chance to overcome the failures. Well, at least Civilization V seems to be good, because my brother liked the game. XCOM series as well.

Now, I am not sure if it would be possible to accomplish the mission in advance. I will explain more clearly: For you to get the Ruby of Truth from the Ruler of amphibian people, you need to eliminate an enemy monster. But what would happen if you had eliminated the monster before by using bows, crossbows? For the monster is trapped by sort of a mud marshy.

You still have the option of getting the Ruby of Truth without a fight. If your Rogue skills level is high enough, you can steal without the Ruler realizing it.
Déjà vu... I had seen something like this in the past. I remember that I was an active user in IC Company Forums on the King’s Bounty and Fantasy Wars.

I’ve seen lots of funny posts, but that one was the best.

During missions in Fantasy Wars, events such as cut-scenes and encounter with NPCs happen when something happens or you get to a certain place.

The problem is that players who used cheats to complete the mission ended up not finding a key NPC for future missions. The people posted complaining about bugs and the 1C Company Staff said this is due to not finding this key character.

But I even understand these players who have used cheats, because the missions are very laborious. Not to mention that the same type of unit can evolve differently. What a headache to select new attributes and abilities.

I never finished the game. I really hope I can find the endings of the game on YouTube.

Last edited by Smiling Spectre; 11-04-2018 at 02:57 PM.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan
Old 11-04-2018, 03:00 PM   #273
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
But I even understand these players who have used cheats, because the missions are very laborious. Not to mention that the same type of unit can evolve differently. What a headache to select new attributes and abilities.
Never ever touch Japanese Tactical RPGs, Mystvan. I just had to abandon Disgaea, because every single character attributes depends on level, all current equip and trained skills - and there are literally over hundred playable classes.

(But I abandoned it just because heard that Disgaea 2 is essentiall the same, only with different plot... and I am not fond of plot of this game. So why bother, I better get latest installation.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:20 PM   #274
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
Never ever touch Japanese Tactical RPGs, Mystvan. I just had to abandon Disgaea, because every single character attributes depends on level, all current equip and trained skills - and there are literally over hundred playable classes.

(But I abandoned it just because heard that Disgaea 2 is essentiall the same, only with different plot... and I am not fond of plot of this game. So why bother, I better get latest installation.
Fortunately, I did not have many opportunities to play J-RPG. I prefer the Western RPG style.

If it is like Japanese comics and cartoons where there is a lot of angry screaming and shouting, quite unlike Japanese phlegm, I am really out of Shounen-like style a la Super Sayajin.

Western-style games are less emotional, more attractive, and more feasible to me.

And as Grand Micronaut marko River ........ said, the quality of games, as well as comics, cartoons, movies have fallen, appealing more by the difficulty, dexterity, special effects and beautiful girls.

Suggestion

Last edited by Mystvan; 14-04-2018 at 01:06 AM.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan
Old 17-04-2018, 11:53 AM   #275
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Baldur's Gate Solo Fallen Ranger Beastmaster (5)

Ok, make a move.

The Second Trial started with invisibility form me (sneak on Tomoko), otherwise just whirlwind.

Draconis: I hate dragons and their breath.

Aaand done. At balthazar the monks don't see the invisible. At MelissanI had onl 3 hardiness, so the first had to go down real fast. Otherwise all were just whacking with Staffof Ram. Against Mariliths used Rod of Reversal. Duringthe 3rd Melissan used (before Final Seal) used Simulacrum for extra whilrwinds. Potions also help, and so does Gargoyle Boots.
Old 12-06-2018, 07:54 AM   #276
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Obsidian Entertainment

Another issue whyI hesitate about Pillars of Eternity aside its price is, the developer-company, aka. Obsidian Entertainment simply don't do good games.
At least as far as I remember, they did a crapton of open world games, all boring, lacking plot, with bad mechanics, and notoriously (2you wentthe wrong direction, therefor you die "attitude".
I might be mistaken...
But until they give the nice 75% discount, I doubt I'll even consider buying.
Old 19-06-2018, 08:54 AM   #277
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Another issue whyI hesitate about Pillars of Eternity aside its price is, the developer-company, aka. Obsidian Entertainment simply don't do good games.
I believe, you mistake them with someone else.

Obsidian core team was the core of Black Isle. I.e. it's them who made Fallout 2, Planescape: Torment and Icewind Dale.

As Obsidian they made, between others, KOTOR2, NWN2, Alpha Protocol, Fallout: New Vegas and South Park: The Stick of Truth.

Are these all bad games for you? I, personally, did't play anything after Black Isle, but this games universally praised by RPG-fans, as far as I know.
Old 20-06-2018, 08:31 PM   #278
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I might mix itwith Oblivion, both being department of Bethesda. Which did Elder Scrolls, Morron-Wind, and such?

---------------

What to do in Discworld, as the game says:
- visit the archcancelor
- get book of (title)
- need imp (from alchemist), staff (from old wizard), dragon breath (ah, mirror. Required looting everything not nailed down, but cathed upon it), "metal container" (frying pan), spring (from barber - this was stupid)
- needed some book, joining the cult in the past, so then find gold objects at them.
I thought the octopus needed to grow, never came to mind it needs love potion (custard). And I thought custard is some pudding (didn't pay attention to the witch, shame on me). Also stumbled in some pixelhunting at the chimney sweep (I knew what to do, but clicked on "fireplace" instead on the fog-and-fireplace-hidden keg).
- Now I'd need to get rid of the dragon, but beats me how. I could look up a walkthrough, but where's the fun in that?

--------------

Ok, got rid of the dragon, now have to again. Walked around, collecting everything not nailed down, but for what purpose?
Btw, stupid thing is you have to neter the dump-machine to make the with appear on the square.

Similar the no indication of the boogeyman. The conversation says there should be popping bits, but there's none. Still found it, but still.

Come to think of it I know I should silence the dog, but no idea how.
Know have to find the Templke ofOffler but no idea how.
Know should transfer the boogeyman into the Drum's cellar, and to that need to bring light into the cellar, buit no idea how. Lighting the lamp with matches don't work.
At least the "how to build a hero" is a real math-problem, not a guessing-game.
Still, the only sword in the game seems to be the amazon's, and that's not available.
And what about the moustache? No idea.

For this last part the puzzles don't just go from hard to insane, but involves a lot of pixelhunting, tons of random stuff, not to mention Act 4 lacks a clear indicator, and the quest is bugged, you can constantly just resupply yourself from crackers and don't collect the flamables otherwise. Meh.

Last edited by twillight; 09-07-2018 at 10:41 PM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 21-06-2018, 12:12 PM   #279
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
I might mix itwith Oblivion, both being department of Bethesda. Which did Elder Scrolls, Morron-Wind, and such?
Can be. It's Bethesda indeed, and they specialized on open-world, semi-procedural-generated games. Elder Scrolls are Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim so far. And Elder Scrolls online. And as they bought Fallout license, they made Fallout 3 and 4 nicknamed "Oblivion/Skyrim with guns".
Old 26-06-2018, 01:22 PM   #280
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

LOL,

And I was thinking this topic was about famous Twillight collection for PC. (Back in 90s, Holland group that put together games/programs for PC on cds and later DVDs)

Nice collection of played games. Today I use Steam to keep track of games I completed. I used to have excel list for emulated and PC games before.

Getting steam achivement is fun, but some of them are quite bad and hard to get.
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue