Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-07-2005, 06:31 PM   #101
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Are Security Stations any good?
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 09-07-2005, 07:02 PM   #102
Christian
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by PrejudiceSucks@Jul 9 2005, 06:31 PM
The first security stations aren't THAT good. They provide some extra plasma fire but plasma don't do that much damage in Apoc. The advanced security stations (which you'll get later) uses disruptor tech which is much more useful. One note about security stations is that they don't aim to well, but they shoot very fast, so if an enemy gets close, he'll surely die.

Overall: adv. sec. stations are pretty good.
Christian is offline                         Send a private message to Christian
Old 13-07-2005, 03:06 AM   #103
pedro0930

Quote:
Originally posted by christian+Jul 9 2005, 07:02 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (christian @ Jul 9 2005, 07:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-PrejudiceSucks@Jul 9 2005, 06:31 PM
The first security stations aren't THAT good. They provide some extra plasma fire but plasma don't do that much damage in Apoc. The advanced security stations (which you'll get later) uses disruptor tech which is much more useful. One note about security stations is that they don't aim to well, but they shoot very fast, so if an enemy gets close, he'll surely die.

Overall: adv. sec. stations are pretty good. [/b][/quote]
er....without a security station you won't even get a chance to fight in your base
the whole base just disappear
and a single security stations can slow down the advancing aliens(or human) a lot
Sometime even wipe out the whole squard, it depend on the diffculty level you are playing
pedro0930 is offline                         Send a private message to pedro0930
Old 13-07-2005, 04:28 AM   #104
AntarcticTiger
Forum hobbit

Just keep 2-6 soldiers in each base. Leave them there in combat training, arm them with toxiguns, devastator cannons, and the usual, since toxiguns are worthless against human raids. Surround the Access Lift & and Hangars with Advanced Security Stations. Unless the enemy is packing some serious explosives, they're not likely to survive devastator shots from ALL directions.

Before the attack, put your engineers/scientists in groups together, your base soldiers in one (or two) groups. When the battle starts, evac all the scientists/engineers to the farthest areas. Place your soldiers just behind the security stations, get into the prone or kneeling position, equip a weapon, and pick the invaders/raiders off from a safe distance. There's a good chance that the enemy will be too occupied dealing with the security stations to notice your soldiers.

You could even use Dimensional Launchers to bomb the access areas if you wanted to.
AntarcticTiger is offline                         Send a private message to AntarcticTiger
Old 13-07-2005, 07:41 AM   #105
Student

When i played on the easy lvl. those things didnt even shoot at the enemys and even when they did... they shot only one at a time with no amaizing ROF.
I placed them in many places but to no efect (around the lift and near the bay).

you dont need security stations to defend the base just troops.
you can have the whole base built up by those and you will still lose if you dont have any personel in your base.

Old 13-07-2005, 09:30 AM   #106
Christian
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Student@Jul 13 2005, 07:41 AM
When i played on the easy lvl. those things didnt even shoot at the enemys and even when they did... they shot only one at a time with no amaizing ROF.
I placed them in many places but to no efect (around the lift and near the bay).

you dont need security stations to defend the base just troops.
you can have the whole base built up by those and you will still lose if you dont have any personel in your base.
It's probably because you didn't play the game in Real Time. The security stations fire very fast in Real Time.
Christian is offline                         Send a private message to Christian
Old 13-07-2005, 09:33 AM   #107
Christian
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by AntarcticTiger@Jul 13 2005, 04:28 AM
Just keep 2-6 soldiers in each base. Leave them there in combat training, arm them with toxiguns, devastator cannons, and the usual, since toxiguns are worthless against human raids. Surround the Access Lift & and Hangars with Advanced Security Stations. Unless the enemy is packing some serious explosives, they're not likely to survive devastator shots from ALL directions.

Before the attack, put your engineers/scientists in groups together, your base soldiers in one (or two) groups. When the battle starts, evac all the scientists/engineers to the farthest areas. Place your soldiers just behind the security stations, get into the prone or kneeling position, equip a weapon, and pick the invaders/raiders off from a safe distance. There's a good chance that the enemy will be too occupied dealing with the security stations to notice your soldiers.

You could even use Dimensional Launchers to bomb the access areas if you wanted to.
Yeah, Devastator Cannons are your best friends when defending your basses. You don't want to blow up too much since you'll be paying for the repairs (at least I think so) and because of the fact that your scientists might die if you don't keep them far away.

Try to evacuate all your scientists as fast as you can by the access lift. If it's too far away, hide them in some living quarters or storage facility so that they can't be found. This can be made really fast if you're playing Real Time.
Old 14-07-2005, 12:06 AM   #108
pedro0930

Quote:
Originally posted by Eagle of Fire@Jul 13 2005, 03:25 AM
Quote:
er....without a security station you won't even get a chance to fight in your base
the whole base just disappear
Completely false. The factor here is having Squaddies in the base at the time of the attack.

If you don't have any Squaddie then you will lose the base without a fight, even if you have security stations.
ya right, there's a time when I play in Easy level and my new base has no agents at all
just 1 ST, and that single ST wipe out all the alien (the aliens got force field by then) (I make all my scentist run for the access lift and control the last one to hide from the incoming alien....got a feeling of play some kind of RPG :bleh
pedro0930 is offline                         Send a private message to pedro0930
Old 14-07-2005, 12:37 AM   #109
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Well, Scientists and Engineers count as squaddies for the base defense mission.

If you are lucky enough to get all the Aliens killed by your defense system, you successfully defended the base.

Even at the lower difficulty setting tough I would never risk doing that.
Old 24-07-2005, 03:32 PM   #110
Quazi_ru
Lurker

Guys,
dunno if this question was asked (it's lame to read about 20 pages :bleh: ):
Why doesn't Apoc load the saves? (the saving process happens, but when i go to the loading list - it's empty)

P.S. I use VDMS
Quazi_ru is offline                         Send a private message to Quazi_ru