Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-03-2009, 02:07 AM   #31
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko_river View Post
Ermmmm..... try using conan.exe instead..???

Also, make sure you start install.exe first and set up sound card... Also, game without sound should work even in XP without using dosbox... tested it personally...
Thanks for the advice, but no cigar. When I first downloaded the game I started it without dosbox, but it had a very low brightness, making the dark dungeon levels impossible to get through.

I just tried using conan.exe in dosbox, but another error came up- "Illegal command - install." When I tried running install.exe, doxbox came up with a blue window saying, "SYSTEM: No such file or directory.
GAME.CFG"

Also just tried another game, Albion. Same errors pop up when I try running that game in doxbox. Could this be an error with dosbox, and not the games?

Old 26-03-2009, 05:08 AM   #32
dosraider
Dismembered.

The game is pre-installed to run in dosbox.
Do not run install or it will screw up the config.
Delete the folder, and start over from scratch.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 26-03-2009, 05:24 AM   #33
red_avatar
Administrator

Yes, very few games on Abandonia need to be installed before playing. This is because most games require setting up and since a lot of people don't understand soundcard settings, it makes it easier to set up a game to work with DOSBox out of the box so to speak when it's already pre-installed. Redownload and just run the game itself without running install.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 27-03-2009, 12:15 AM   #34
What?
Default What?

That did the trick. Thanks!

Old 04-09-2009, 01:58 PM   #35
pailhead

When i started the game without running install.exe i had no sound. After running install.exe i chose adlib, and it slows down during intro sequence. I havent tried playing yet, but what is the proper way to run it in dosbox?

Also, can you copy save.dat in win while playing and thus make multiple saves?

Old 04-09-2009, 05:05 PM   #36
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by the DOSBox readme
Q: The game/application runs much too slow!
A: Look at the section "How to run resource-demanding games" for more information.
So, do that or just use Ctrl+F12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pailhead View Post
Also, can you copy save.dat in win while playing and thus make multiple saves?
Sure.

Last edited by Luchsen; 04-09-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Luchsen is offline                         Send a private message to Luchsen
Old 11-09-2009, 10:53 AM   #37
Default Where is the Scroll of Skelos?

Hi!

I've entered the sriptorium and killed two spiders in there. I found a room with a fire and another way through a hole in the wall. Then I got to a room with a big door. When I enter this door, I'm outside the scriptorium andoutside Larsha. Is this a bug?

Old 21-09-2009, 04:14 PM   #38
RRS
(Gaming) History Buff

How did you manage to enter Scriptorium? That iron demon is stalking me, so I can't unlock the door with a key I have. No magical item in my possesion can kill him...

Well, I did enter Scriptorium by "anticipating plot" - by this I mean I went there before taking ring and obtaining this quest. Maybe you did the same and that's why there's a bug?
RRS is offline                         Send a private message to RRS
Old 21-09-2009, 08:36 PM   #39
Default How to catch an iron demon

I first took that ring and obtained the next quest. Then this iron demon was chasing me everywhere I walked to, so I tried everything and finally get to the jungle town where I died on this magnetic stone. After loading again, I droped ALL of my Items in a temple in the town and went to the demon. Now I went to the jungle town without any item and now only the demon was captured by this stone. So I could walk safely to the temple, take my items and then went to the scriptorium.

I did everything in the right order, but then came this bug!

Could you pass the scriptorium through this new door or did you found this scroll somewhere in the rooms before this door?

Old 22-09-2009, 07:26 PM   #40
RRS
(Gaming) History Buff

Thanks for the tip! It simply didn't cross my mind that he can travel with me out of the Larsha "level"!. That did the trick and the rest was a milk run: went inside Scriptorium, then to next room, then killed a spider, then went through a hole, another spider, "Prince of Persia" gate in another room, and a Lizard guy in a library which contained the scroll.

And BTW: why don't you join our forum by registering? hey, it's free

I'm almost done but I got stuck in a nasty labirynth - dang, I need to reload and start again :/
EDIT: I made it through the maze (wow!), but Thoth Amon uses me as a punching bag... no magical item harms him and leading him out is again a problem (ranged attacks)...

Last edited by RRS; 23-09-2009 at 04:44 PM.
RRS is offline                         Send a private message to RRS