Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-05-2009, 04:47 AM   #21
The Coop
Super Freak

Send a message via AIM to The Coop

Hey guys. Remember me?

Yes, I vanished for a while. Life got busy and it needed my attention. So, on with the updates...

- My review for Pyrotechnica is done (has been for a good while really). All I need to do is just go over it a few times to smooth parts out and whatnot. I have all the screenshots, box scans, and everything ready to go, and I'll upload the game as well. I should be able to do this either Thursday evening, or Friday afternoon.

- I'm backing out of the Wipeout and Jaguar XJ220 reviews. I can't find a properly working disc image of the first, and I can't find ANY download of the second. I'm really thinking XJ220 is a case of a game being done, and reviewed, but never released (like what happened with Curse for the Genesis in the US).

- Do you guys want me to just upload that "adjusted" version of Powerslave? I can't find another version of it anywhere, and I could add a note to my already uploaded review about the changes done in the cracked version offered on Abandonia.
Old 23-05-2009, 06:48 AM   #22
The Coop
Super Freak

Anyone? Someone? Customer service to The Coop's Goodie Bag. Customer service to The Coop's Goodie Bag. Should I upload the cracked version of Powerslave that has the adjusted strafing speed, and removed mouse-look button?

Anyway, I've uploaded the Pyrotechnica review. I put the game, screenshots, manual text, and box/CD scans up on Thursday, but wanted to tweak the review a bit more. Now everything is uploaded and ready to go.
Old 23-05-2009, 07:01 AM   #23
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Are the adjustments made by you or are we talking about an official updated version?
Old 23-05-2009, 07:16 AM   #24
The Coop
Super Freak

None of the above actually.

The game normally requires the CD to be in when you play it. It checks for it when you try to start a game (new or continue). Whoever hacked the game either tinkered with the executable in other ways, or else they might have used the executable from the beta of PS that was released. Either way, it resulted in the sped up strafing, a missing mouse-look button, and the unadjustable mouse sensitivity.

It's the only cracked version of the game I've been able to find, and I haven't found anything about what exactly the game looks for when it checks for the CD (a file? a line of code on the disc?).

Last edited by The Coop; 23-05-2009 at 07:32 AM.
The Coop is offline                         Send a private message to The Coop
Old 23-05-2009, 07:31 AM   #25
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Ok, upload it on FTP. We'll leave both versions there for the moment. Maybe AlumiuN can try and hack correctly the game. He suggested that a while ago.
Old 23-05-2009, 07:52 AM   #26
The Coop
Super Freak

Alrighty.

I'm about to go to bed, so I'll have do it later today (the upload will take a couple hours). And thanks for responding.
Old 24-05-2009, 11:45 PM   #27
The Coop
Super Freak

It took a stupid amount of tries (kept getting kicked off during the uploads), but Powerslave is on the server. I contacted AlumiuN, and filled him in. With any luck, he'll be able to crack it so we can have a non-busted version for the site.

Oh, and if any other site staff tries to grab it, you have to use hjsplit to put "PS Part2" and "PS Part3" together (which I uploaded), as it's one big file split in half. I had to do this so I could get everything on there.
Old 25-05-2009, 11:56 AM   #28
skillz
Super Freak

Send a message via MSN to skillz

I'm backing out of the Wipeout and Jaguar XJ220 reviews. I can't find a properly working disc image of the first

What do u mean by properly working?
skillz is offline                         Send a private message to skillz
Old 25-05-2009, 04:52 PM   #29
The Coop
Super Freak

As I mentioned on page 1, the only two CD images I found were not working properly. One simply wouldn't play (it gives a "PIRACY IS BAD! INSERT ORIGINAL DISC" message), and the other has messed up sound that can't be fixed (instead of sound effects, it was either silent, or it crackled and popped... and there was no way to adjust the sound settings so I could hear the sound effects).
Old 10-06-2009, 02:42 AM   #30
The Coop
Super Freak

Alrighty.

I've uploaded new versions of the manuals I did for The Immortal, Silpheed and Descent. Because I felt that I did a much better job with the manuals for Wing Commander and Powerslave, I decided to redo the first three I submitted, and get them to be the same quality level. A little clean up here and there, and I got rid of that damned middle seam that was between each page. They're in the folders "Fixed Descent Manual", "Fixed Immortal Manual", and Fixed Silpheed Manual, in my folder on the server.