Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-06-2009, 03:15 AM   #1
Wolf Thug
Super Freak

Default Gaming Rant

So I played Oblivion was the best game Ever for a while but when I noticed that enemies level up as you do and you can't fight from horseback and got bored of the lame clicking fighting style I just set it to easy and finish the game asap cause it got boring.

Fallout 3 was a crapload of fun it was scary , funny action packed but ill never play it again because its gotten stale and predictable the first time you play it and the AI is a bunch of frieking MORONS who can't take cover etc and the coversations are sometimes pathetic with 2 speech choices having the same response etc.

I really HATE going underground all the time to explore its really lame like in oblivions crypts etc so I Finished both these games and glad I played them though so I downloaded Mount And Blade (legally) and my god the combat in this game is EPIC anyone play this game everything else is crap but the combat is win.Its like Rome Total war but ur just one of the soldiers.

Is anyone playing this game? M&B?
Wolf Thug is offline                         Send a private message to Wolf Thug
Old 05-06-2009, 04:04 AM   #2
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

Ah, as I recall Ianfreddie07 and Mighty Midget were big M&B players at one stage. *Blue Bulls comment redacted out of good taste*

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 05-06-2009, 04:31 AM   #3
Wolf Thug
Super Freak

LOL another south african AWE!
Wolf Thug is offline                         Send a private message to Wolf Thug
Old 05-06-2009, 05:29 AM   #4
angry axe
O for Awesome

i play M&B i have 11 mods for it too (of which i have pretty muched clocked) btw oblivion isnt all bad
"war has changed. its no longer about nations ideologies or ethnicity, its an endless series of proxy battles fought by mercenaries and machines. War, and its consumption of life - has become a well oiled machine" - Solid Snake
angry axe is offline                         Send a private message to angry axe
Old 05-06-2009, 01:39 PM   #5
Maxor127
Game Wizzard

One of the first things I did when I played Oblivion was install mods to improve it. Without mods, the game wouldn't be as tolerable. I have a ton of mods that improve various aspects of the game, though, including one that throws randomly leveled monsters and items at you and places some restrictions on what certain types of items could be carrying so you don't run into things like lowly bandits with what should be ultra rare Daedric equipment.

I heard good things about M&B combat and I'd like to try it, but I'll wait until I see it on sale really cheap. I bought Two Worlds too but mostly because I got it mixed up with Mount and Blade and thought I was buying the latter. But it was only like $5, so I don't mind.

I still haven't won Oblivion and I've logged around 170 hours into it. I'm probably halfway through Fallout 3 but it's starting to bore me.

Last edited by Maxor127; 05-06-2009 at 01:45 PM.
Maxor127 is offline                         Send a private message to Maxor127
Old 05-06-2009, 01:52 PM   #6
ianfreddie07
wat

Maxor, sounds like Francesco's Leveled Creatures & Items mod (Fran's)

Mods rock in Oblivion. I've played Oblivion with mods. They make it way better. I hated that "enemies-level-up-with-you" approach, as it really doesn't make you feel like a powerful char.

Mount&Blade has the best combat elements in any RPG, ever. Period. Though it's other elements drew me away from it, and now it's uninstalled in my HD. It's good, but the "staying power" is highly questionable.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:57 PM   #7
Wolf Thug
Super Freak

Ya everything about M&B sucks ass except the battles but the battles are limited to a hundred men so if ur army is 300 men and the enemy is 200 u will fight in waves but I downloaded a mod that alllows up to a 1000 men in a battle god thats so friggin cool even my dad who never played a game in all his life was interested in watching me play this.

I played morrowind a lil I liked it but didn't play it much then uninstalled it when i got oblivion some people say that morrowind is better then oblivion but im just looking for an rpg that can keep you playing for hours and still be able to keep you playing to the end.I haven't played Baldurs gate tho maybe ill try that.Im currently playing call of Cthulu dark corners of the earth god so scary lol.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:08 PM   #8
Morrin
Underground

Sorry to break it for you, but oblivion is one of the most fucking horrible games ever made... and fallout3? I saw it once played, never wanted to even imagine playing it.
Morrin is offline                         Send a private message to Morrin
Old 06-06-2009, 11:29 PM   #9
Wolf Thug
Super Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrin View Post
Sorry to break it for you, but oblivion is one of the most fucking horrible games ever made... and fallout3? I saw it once played, never wanted to even imagine playing it.
Lol why is that? I wouldn't say it was that bad I enjoyed playing the games I mean back in the day we dreamed of games like this where u could walk around freely in an open world and affect the lives of its people etc , just the bad points really spoilt it they could have made the games much better.

I just want a game similar to oblivion , without its short falls and exciting combat like M&B , god in M&B with the battlesizer changer thing I had 400 men lined up and If u stood at one end you couldn't see the guys at the other end lol. thats 300 cav 100 foot archers god the 3rd arrow volley knocked enemy cavalry charge the fuck out
Old 07-06-2009, 12:29 AM   #10
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

morrin has a decent taste, don't try to use your evil techniques into convincing him that graphically shiny big space where is absolutely nothing entertaining in it (unless you count walking as entertaining) is a good game

you should go play wasteland instead