Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-04-2006, 07:13 PM   #1
guesst
Abandonia Homie

With Abandonia games being taken off of download status I sometimes find myself downloading a game that I find mildly interesting only because I'm afraid that I won't be able to later. The problem is I have no intention of playing the game any time soon. Oh, I do intend to play the game some day, but right now RL has me so busy that until my schedule lightens up (projected to happen some time in 2008) I'm esentally just putting the archive in cold storage until later.

Is this normal or am I the only one doing this?
guesst is offline                         Send a private message to guesst
Old 07-04-2006, 07:16 PM   #2
a1s
Hero Gamer

well I'm not afraid they would be taken down, but sometimes I download something and then forget I did. I would later find them during cleanup and either delete them oir decide they're cool and I want to play them... and then possibly forget again
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 08-04-2006, 01:41 AM   #3
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

I do the same thing some times. I will get a game (abw or buy) even if I am not so sure when I will play it. I have been doing this for years. For example I still haven't even installed Grand Prix Legends, B-17 II, Splinter Cell, etc etc etc...

I think it is sickness, or illness, I never managed to figure out what is the difference between the two words.

efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 08-04-2006, 01:43 AM   #4
Kon-Tiki
[BANNED]

I only do it if it's a rare game I can't find anywhere else and chances of it disappearing from there're big.
Kon-Tiki is offline                         Send a private message to Kon-Tiki
Old 08-04-2006, 06:26 AM   #5
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

I've downloaded Dark Half a total of 6 times so far, and still haven't played it because I keep forgetting I got it, then delete it later when I find it to free up space.
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 08-04-2006, 08:30 AM   #6
#BlakhOle#
Game Wizzard

A downloaded a whole lot of games a while ago, and my pc crashes before i could get a chance to play most of them. :ranting: but im sure theres some games here i havent played yet...
#BlakhOle# is offline                         Send a private message to #BlakhOle#
Old 10-04-2006, 02:27 PM   #7
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I'm sufferring from an info-greed syndrome: if anything is even mildly interesting, I download it.

Actually, a few months before the ESA kicked our behind last year, I went for a major downloading trip through the site... got most of the items that were later blocked out.

I often buy game magazines if they have a full version of a good game on their cover CD, and more often then not they end up collecting dust because I don't have time to play them.

Newer games, though, I don't leave that way. No way I'm going to waste that much money on a game I'm not gonna play.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 10-04-2006, 02:55 PM   #8
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Heh, I remember when I first found out about abandonware (HOTU). That was before the limits set later on the sites. Finally I am able to say that (to my knowledge) there are no games that I would die to have and not have them already.
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 10-04-2006, 03:12 PM   #9
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Most of the time I'm downloading games without intention to play them. :blink:
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 10-04-2006, 03:27 PM   #10
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

I always load them down because I think they might rock but then I don't get to play them, cause the game I downloaded before rocks as well and I can't get off it.

I have six RAR packages that I downloaded and put them on my Desktop "not to forget them!" They're still there