Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-08-2005, 10:22 AM   #11
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

The pixel graphic of the Iron Angel is not fully my work, Tom. There was something called "make your own Index Astartes", from which I have taken the base image of the Marine armour and proceeded to alter it to match the converted model. The sword-and-wings insignia, however, is completely mine, and was originally created as a better variant of Dark Angels Chapter symbol for use in Dawn of War game.

OK. Here are four unfinished pieces of fiction from me. Some day I might actually get them done, right now they float in a limbo.

Miniatures

Iron Angel after digital image enchancement:

That's it for now.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 18-08-2005, 02:42 PM   #12
bruno
Home Sweet Abandonia

this is a good story , but i love more the first, but the minature it is k: ,do you past many hours to write this stories?
bruno is offline                         Send a private message to bruno
Old 18-08-2005, 03:23 PM   #13
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I write only when I have the right mood for that, which isn't just any day. When I do, it usually doesn't take too much time because the concept has been in my mind for long and therefore was improved and refined dozens of times before I even touched the keyboard to type it in.

I use a lot of inspiration. Even music can give an idea for a scene. Books, graphic novels and other peoples' fiction even more so.

And if any of you have noticed that the demonic hero in Mark of Malal resembles Ghost Rider - aye, that's exactly what lies in the core of the concept.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 15-09-2005, 01:36 PM   #14
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Just a little something. I've been digging up in the directory where I store the photos of my miniatures and found a few odds and ends.
This was painted a year and a half ago:

Year later, the very same miniature, painted by the very same Horseman:

-- Reed Richards
Old 21-09-2005, 02:49 PM   #15
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I have finished work on Iron Angel II. Converting, that is. Painting will be done in next 2 weeks.

Miniatures

(Click the image to view the full gallery)

-- Reed Richards
Old 13-10-2005, 10:15 AM   #16
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I finished Iron Angel II and also got better pictures of the first one:

-- Reed Richards
Old 13-10-2005, 11:23 AM   #17
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

:blink: very impressive! k:

But i find too "yellow" the flames coming out from the "uzi"
Old 13-10-2005, 11:31 AM   #18
SwampThing
Game freak

That's some cool stuff horseman. Nice to see a different kind of art. k:
Old 25-10-2005, 12:40 AM   #19
coldwinter44
Forum hobbit

Send a message via AIM to coldwinter44

yeah your are a good writer dude
k:
coldwinter44 is offline                         Send a private message to coldwinter44
Old 25-11-2005, 03:53 PM   #20
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Some more writing. I hope you like this one too.

Writing
Mark of Malal: Book One, Chapter 1 (Redux)

The dream always begins the same.
I am falling through a haze of grey. Clouds? Mist? Smoke? Something else?
Then the Sigil appears, coldly glowing with blue. I know not its meaning nor purpose. I know not why I dream of it.
Five marks inscribed within a strange glyph. A circle of runes surrounds it. They seem to live with a life of their own.
It makes my skin crawl.
I fall towards the center of the pattern.
A sudden strange sensation, like an electric current passing through my body. Then it is gone and the pattern vanishes into grey above me.
The grey mist begins to thin. I see a dark color before me and know this is the ground.
I smell smoke. And then a different sort of stench assaults my nostrils.
Amdst the reek of burning fuel and machine oil, I sense charred flesh.
Falling further, I begin to see more details.
Fires. Patches of murky red and black.
Setting sun glints off a piece of metal.
I am close enough to see the patches for what they are. Dead bodies.
...armored dead bodies. I recognize Space Marine armor.
Some of the red armored corpses have horns.
The Marines fought the Traitors here. But who won? Where are the survivors?
I see a cloud of darkness on the horizon. And my heart shrinks, for I know the answer.
No matter how valiantly they fought, the servants of the Emperor have failed and darkness prevailed.
I recognize the Traitors; they are Word Bearers. The Space Marines are Raven Knights.
I hit the ground. My bones should be shattered by the impact, yet it is not so.
I stand up and survey landscape of destruction that surrounds me. The ground is sticky with blood.
One of the loyalist Marines has lost his helmet in battle. To my terror, I recognize his face. Mikael. I knew him even before we were chosen to become the Emperor's Finest.
I cannot believe it. I take off the helmet of another of the bodies. Larssen. He was in the recruitment party when I went through the trials that deemed me worthy to become a Marine.
I kneel down to check another. And another. I know them all. They are my chapter-brothers.
They are dead. And I know that I am somehow responsible.
Suddenly, I feel I am not alone here. There is someone... no, something... nearby.
I hear heavy footsteps of ceramite boots behind me.
I want to turn around, but find myself unable to. It is not fear. I try to move, but cannot.
I smell brimstone.
Emperor. Its nearly upon me.
It circles me. I can feel its unholy gaze upon me. Then it stops, facing me.
Nothing has prepared me for what I see. I scream. A mortal man would die from a mere glimpse at the creature standing in front of me.
It's no bigger than an ordinary Marine.
It wears a suit of powered armor, shining like a black sun. Despite the surroundings, not a single speck of dirt mars the surfaces.
Thee identical white runes glow with inner fire at the center of its chest and upon its shoulders. They look like stylised skulls.
In its right hand it holds a chain.
What makes it so terryfing is its head.
It has no head. Where one would expect to see it, there is a clean skull surrounded by a raging inferno.
The creature (Demon?) effortlessly lifts me by the neck and holds my face mere inches in front of its skull. I feel warmth from the flames. They are not as hot as one would expect.
Suddenly, I regain control over my vocal cords.
"Who are you?" I whimper.
It "looks" into my eyes. I turn my eyes from its gaze, looking towards the monstrosity's armor instead.
Emperor. I know it. I know it well.
The thing locks its gaze with mine again. It begins to speak.
It's voice is heavy as tombstone, each syllable inevitable as the grave. No living creature could produce a sound like that.
And before a single word sounds, I know the answer. Because I know the armor.
Two words. "YOUR DESTINY". It is my armor.

Antonius awoke with a cold sweat. For a moment he did not recognize his surroundings, but the memory quickly came to him. As the rest of 5th Company of the Raven Knights, he is onboard the battle barge "Ravenlord", currently en route to Chares III. An astropathic distress call has been received and the Chapter command ordered investigation.

His mind returns to his very recent nightmare. The same nightmare that returns to him for the better part of his life, ever since his induction into the ranks of the Chapter.
Every time this... this vision... came to him, it was longer. He tries to comprehend its meaning, but the answer once again eludes him.
Yet, he has an ominous feeling that whatever catastrophe the nightmare heralded, he is soon going to find out.

Those who have read Mark of Malal will probably recognize both characters. This is because I'll try rewriting the whole damn thing (so that I won't be haunted in my sleep by the poor quality of its earlier version). This is the beginning, more to come later.

-- Reed Richards