Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Search Forums:
Click here to use Advanced Search

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2013, 06:44 PM   #11
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10
 
Smiling Spectre's Avatar




 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cherkessk, Russian Federation
Posts: 1,692
Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre
Default

Well, it was the game that I could remember by your words.

Sorry, I cannot remember anything else.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:28 AM   #12
qtulu
Newbie

 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: ,
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
Well, it was the game that I could remember by your words.

Sorry, I cannot remember anything else.
The second one sounds like The Legend of Kage.

On which systems did you play these games?
qtulu is offline                         Send a private message to qtulu
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:31 AM   #13
Aleque
Newbie

 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtulu View Post
The second one sounds like The Legend of Kage.

On which systems did you play these games?
YES! That's it! Thanks
The music is as epic as I remember.
My system was a weird version. I guess it was equivolent to NES but mine was black, round shaped as an UFO. It was in Soviet Russia in the beginning of 90's ;D

P.S. I still need to find the other two games, or at least that platform game (1)
Aleque is offline                         Send a private message to Aleque
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:41 PM   #14
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD
 
The Fifth Horseman's Avatar


 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Opole, Poland
Posts: 14,264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleque View Post
My system was a weird version. I guess it was equivolent to NES but mine was black, round shaped as an UFO. It was in Soviet Russia in the beginning of 90's ;D
Almost certainly a Famiclone - well, one of the 377 known species of those. (Famiclone: a system copying the hardware of Famicom, which is what NES was originally called in Japan)
__________________

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:30 PM   #15
qtulu
Newbie

 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: ,
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleque View Post
YES! That's it! Thanks
The music is as epic as I remember.
My system was a weird version. I guess it was equivolent to NES but mine was black, round shaped as an UFO. It was in Soviet Russia in the beginning of 90's ;D

P.S. I still need to find the other two games, or at least that platform game (1)
Glad I could help. Yes, as The Fifth Horseman said, it was a Famiclone, a NES hardware in a different case. Black ones shaped like a Sega Megadrive/Genesis were very popular here in Easter Europe as well.

And regarding the other two games, were they also on the Famiclone/NES?
qtulu is offline                         Send a private message to qtulu
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:33 PM   #16
Aleque
Newbie

 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtulu View Post
And regarding the other two games, were they also on the Famiclone/NES?
The platform game was definately for the same system.

I don't think the plane game was though. It was very crappy graphics (older generation console perhaps), and maybe it was a Russian game. I am not even sure. I played it in a PC/Gaming-café. Btw: this game was played on similar consoles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c77aE7pg-wY

Would be awesome to find it though. I remember dreading and avoiding computers when I was a kid and my mom finally convinced me to try to play. I didn't even know what playing computer was - I thought it was a job. When I finally tried it I got hooked forever. Today she regrets it
Aleque is offline                         Send a private message to Aleque
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:47 PM   #17
qtulu
Newbie

 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: ,
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleque View Post
The platform game was definately for the same system.

I don't think the plane game was though. It was very crappy graphics (older generation console perhaps), and maybe it was a Russian game. I am not even sure. I played it in a PC/Gaming-café. Btw: this game was played on similar consoles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c77aE7pg-wY

Would be awesome to find it though. I remember dreading and avoiding computers when I was a kid and my mom finally convinced me to try to play. I didn't even know what playing computer was - I thought it was a job. When I finally tried it I got hooked forever. Today she regrets it
Heh, I know what you mean. The first introduction to computers and games was an amazing experience for me, like discovering something impossible, like it turns out Santa Claus is real. Worst thing that ever happened to me, addicted for life.

The airplane game, it sounds a bit like River Raid.


Were the graphics something like that? Pinpointing the actual system you played it on could help somewhat, if it was an IBM PC or something older (like an Atari 2600 console or a Commodore 64 computer, attached to a TV or a monitor etc.)


EDIT:

I found the first game, it's P.O.W. Prisoners of War by SNK ( http://www.mobygames.com/game/nes/pow-prisoners-of-war ), the song you remember is from the third level, and yes, it's a forest/jungle level. There's also a chopper at the end of the first level.

Last edited by qtulu; 08-02-2013 at 08:17 PM.
qtulu is offline                         Send a private message to qtulu
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:41 AM   #18
Aleque
Newbie

 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8
Default

WOW You nailed them both! Thank you so much. My soul can now rest in peace.
Ahhh.... damn nostalgic

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtulu View Post
Heh, I know what you mean. The first introduction to computers and games was an amazing experience for me, like discovering something impossible, like it turns out Santa Claus is real. Worst thing that ever happened to me, addicted for life.

The airplane game, it sounds a bit like River Raid.


Were the graphics something like that? Pinpointing the actual system you played it on could help somewhat, if it was an IBM PC or something older (like an Atari 2600 console or a Commodore 64 computer, attached to a TV or a monitor etc.)


EDIT:

I found the first game, it's P.O.W. Prisoners of War by SNK ( http://www.mobygames.com/game/nes/pow-prisoners-of-war ), the song you remember is from the third level, and yes, it's a forest/jungle level. There's also a chopper at the end of the first level.
Aleque is offline                         Send a private message to Aleque
Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 07:51 AM   #19
Tracker
Home Sweet Abandonia
 
Tracker's Avatar




 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hungary
Posts: 757
Default

A friendly reminder to all people posting threads:

One game per thread please.

Now since this one was opened long before the new policy was written we won't separate this thread, but this is a good example of making this mistake.
__________________


Reverend Preacherbot: Wretched sinner unit! The path to Robot Heaven lies here, in the Good Book 3.0.
Bender: Hey. Do I preach at you when you're lying stoned in the gutter? No!
Tracker is offline                         Send a private message to Tracker
Reply With Quote
Reply


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Platform-puzzle game benja6945 Cold Cases 2 25-07-2012 07:56 PM
Old dos platform game. abandonUser Cold Cases 2 30-09-2011 10:03 AM
Colorful puzzle platform game? dakrikokoko Cold Cases 2 23-04-2008 07:00 AM
Name Of A Platform Game Zarsus Cold Cases 5 18-03-2007 01:53 AM
Looking For A Platform Game Maker Tool The Fifth Horseman Gaming Zone 2 08-05-2006 06:05 PM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump
 


The current time is 12:36 AM (GMT)

 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.