Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-05-2005, 03:47 AM   #31
Old PGer

Can anyone help me with this? It's just a little annoyance, but if I do away with it I will be grateful. The game has a very slo mouse, which is OK, but it has a very fast scroll rate, which makes it hard to see what I wish to see before I act. Is there a way to slow the scroll rate down, and maybe speed the mouse rate up?

Old 08-05-2005, 08:23 AM   #32
DSmidgy
Abandonia nerd

I ment to type strategic bombers ...

I know I'm cheating in a way - but there is a big random factor in it - let's say first strike, rugged defense. Maby the game should have a option to reduce the randomeness to a resonable level or maby an option to "fall back" the unit and have less casulties.

About mouse speeed - go to control panel, mouse section and there you can speed it up.

DSmidgy is offline                         Send a private message to DSmidgy
Old 08-05-2005, 10:25 AM   #33
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Well, if the enemy unit has a high (5+) digged in rating then of course the chances are high that they will have a rugged defense. Do not attack them with your best panzer division! You can use the same thing as I proposed earlier, but just enough to soft them up, so that even if they do manage a rugged defense they will not manage to kill as many of your units. Or you can use a couple of artilleries or turns to reduce their dig in rating. OR, if you are in a lot of a hurry use your Pionere or Engineers to attack them first since they ignored rugged defense. (IMO all your infantry units should be of those two types eventualy.).

As for the mouse problem, I don't have a solution (though I think there is a setting in dosbox for that kind of thing) since I use the windows version. I recommend using the windows version that I find so much better.
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 11-05-2005, 10:28 PM   #34

Thanks for the info. I figured it out. I was running it without DOSbox and using it makes the difference. So cool...

Old 02-06-2005, 05:42 PM   #35
cheesegrater
Game freak

I think this game is pretty bad. Polish Infantry destroying German tanks.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:30 AM   #36
dejan

Quote:
Originally posted by sluggy@Jan 9 2005, 08:47 PM
when I start PG with the dosbox then: failed to load ..\lib\drv\vesa480.dll. what can I do?
i got the same problem too.
Anyone knows how to fix that?
thank you

Old 14-06-2005, 10:44 AM   #37
PepaDrobny
Thumbs down

Hallo, I am inviting you to visit my page. I made a lot of things to PG. Bugs corrections, new campaigns and scenarios, Allied interface - all AG scenarios and campaigns can be played in the best PG1! k:

http://hartmann.valka.cz/panzergeneral/

Old 19-06-2005, 08:43 PM   #38
Ole Bernhard

How do I slow down the scrolling? The game keeps jumping from top of the screen to the bottom in less then a second:-(

Old 19-06-2005, 08:47 PM   #39
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrater@Jun 2 2005, 05:42 PM
I think this game is pretty bad. Polish Infantry destroying German tanks.
I remember doing this too, and rolling russian tanks over everything
wheeeee
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 26-06-2005, 06:15 PM   #40
Guest_athcnv

Argh....I didn't know that at the start of each level, when you had to place your troops, you could click on the "place unit" button (the one with the arrow pointing down below the tank) on the right side of the screen, which allowed you to upgrade ANY of your units BEFORE you placed them!

I had been waiting till the first turn before I upgraded my units individually, by putting them one at a time in a city/airbase. I was wondering why I couldn't seem to get a major victory for the first russian mission.