Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-05-2009, 09:25 PM   #1
jg007
Super Freak

Default Lovin Windows 7 :)

first important thingis that all the old games I have tried on Windows 7 so far have worked without any problems at all

So far I have tried -

Half Life
Max Payne 2
IGI 2
Raven Shield
Hitman

When I switch back to XP it just looks old and dated and it sems less secure, I am a bit of a MS fan boy ( lol, probably the only one on this forum ) but I really think that this is an improvement over xp/Vista and personaly plan to get it as soon as it is released although I will probably switch my current config so that XP is on a 30GB partion as a backup in case I try to play any older stuff.

anybody else been trying it and had problems or any thoughts?

and b4 u say it don't even mentions flippin linux as it just would not work for about 100+ reasons
jg007 is offline                         Send a private message to jg007
Old 02-05-2009, 09:28 PM   #2
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Well, I certainly hope Win 7 is better than Vista. Afterall, Vista turned out to be just a test version (barely a beta) of their new final solution. I do hope the final product is better than the test version.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:52 AM   #3
ianfreddie07
wat

Yeah. Windows 7 looks very promising.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:24 AM   #4
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg007 View Post
I am a bit of a MS fan boy ( lol, probably the only one on this forum )
No, you're not! Though I'm more of a Corporations fanboy... (from Microsoft to IBM, Intel and so on)
Old 03-05-2009, 12:09 PM   #5
Tulac
Union Leader

BTW Windows released a new RC of Windows 7 which will be active for a year. That means that you will be able to use it legally even when they (plan to) release the regular version of Windows 7. BTW all I heard of this OS is positive feedback and I know people who already use it as their primary OS (people that skipped Vista) even though it's still in beta.

Perhaps it will be the OS Vista was supposed to be.
Tulac is offline                         Send a private message to Tulac
Old 04-05-2009, 09:29 AM   #6
AlumiuN
Vodka-Induced Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulac View Post
BTW Windows released a new RC of Windows 7 which will be active for a year. That means that you will be able to use it legally even when they (plan to) release the regular version of Windows 7. BTW all I heard of this OS is positive feedback and I know people who already use it as their primary OS (people that skipped Vista) even though it's still in beta.

Perhaps it will be the OS Vista was supposed to be.
I certainly hope so. Then Dell can stop forcing Vista upon me.

Lies are for those who cannot handle the truth, but truth is for those who cannot handle the lies.
AlumiuN is offline                         Send a private message to AlumiuN
Old 04-05-2009, 10:22 AM   #7
U-Boat Commander David
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Midget View Post
Well, I certainly hope Win 7 is better than Vista. Afterall, Vista turned out to be just a test version (barely a beta) of their new final solution.

Anyone say "final solution"?

U-Boat Commander David is offline                         Send a private message to U-Boat Commander David
Old 04-05-2009, 11:28 AM   #8
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Boat Commander David View Post

Anyone say "final solution"?
Uhm, that an answer like this is given by an Austrian is somekind of... uhm... clear!?
DonCorleone is offline                         Send a private message to DonCorleone
Old 04-05-2009, 06:47 PM   #9
red_avatar
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Midget View Post
Well, I certainly hope Win 7 is better than Vista. Afterall, Vista turned out to be just a test version (barely a beta) of their new final solution. I do hope the final product is better than the test version.
Why do people exaggerate so much. It wasn't that bad at all - it was marred by poor drivers for the 64 bit version and the UAC which you have to turn off, really. Besides that, Vista was in a FAR better shape than Windows XP upon release and at this moment, Vista is far more stable than XP has ever been for me.

The problems came from the move to 64bit and some companies trying to scam people by making them buy new hardware due to terrible Vista drivers.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 04-05-2009, 09:22 PM   #10
Danny252
I have a custom title!

Vista's alright - once you turn off all the Vista features and essentially make it XP under a different name.

I don't want shiny start bars or alt-tabbing or seethrough screens - I just want something that runs my programs. Admittedly Vista has a few decent features, such as bulk renaming of files while keeping extensions - but I'm really rather sure other OSes have had that ability for a while anyway?

As for stability, my XP PC and my Vista Laptop crash with about the same frequency. And the PC tends to be on for much longer periods!

The tl;dr version? Vista's XP with a few flashy bits added on the top, and as long as I turn off most of the flashy bits, I don't mind it.