Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 31-03-2007, 10:19 AM   #31
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

Mmmm, don't often see pencil work, but when I do it's with pleasure. Love the look of a fine pencil sketch. Awesome detail in here, Tito. I notice you have the quicksand happening, which is a nice addition to any vampire's garden. Any reason you chose a Japanese look? Works for me as it gives an exotic feel to the picture. I also liked the densely treed area in the background...especially the weeping willow type trees. I can see a pale and beautiful female vampire floating ethereally between the long tapering branches and looking eerily radiant in the moonlight. You could weave a compelling story from all the elements in this illustration...one I'd love to read.
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 31-03-2007, 03:53 PM   #32
Tito
Alley Cat

Well, I feel like any decent vampire with a few hundred years of age should need a place to reflect about his deeds and destiny. Also, in a more practical way, it is nice to have a bit of food at hand in case you get hungry, and that's the function of that people scattered at the other side of the small stream, which I feel are growing on the ground, rather than imprisoned in quicksand (if you are a powerful vampire, you can do lots of things, you know).

The oriental setting is due to the fact that in my opinion, an ancient chinese or japanese vampire (a Kuei-jin, as someone called them in other part of this forum) fits better with the descriptions of a wise being in need of an untained and calmed place to think.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:51 AM   #33
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

I notice part of their Chinese name is Jin and in Middle Eastern mythology Jinn was the name they gave the spirits.

Ready for voting? I don't think anyone else is entering or commenting. I'l wait a bit longer, though.
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree