Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-12-2004, 09:16 PM   #21
goblins
Game Wizzard

Well a lot of modern games take pure ideas from older games add some graphics a lot of complexity and do it over again. Of course it would be all new code and that but nothing wrong with reimplementing new ideas - look at all the space trading games they all have the same idea - its just the extra complexity etc and graphics that set them apart.
goblins is offline                         Send a private message to goblins
Old 29-12-2004, 04:03 PM   #22
Mott

Thanx for the tips Mydgard!

I have been looking for alliances: what exactly is that they do?
Mott is offline                         Send a private message to Mott
Old 30-12-2004, 07:17 PM   #23
Mydgard

Quote:
Originally posted by Mott@Dec 29 2004, 05:03 PM
Thanx for the tips Mydgard!

I have been looking for alliances: what exactly is that they do?
Alliance means: You haven't to fight them ... you gain control of the new country immediately! Second you can regrow your own army (or build a new one) as the normal army is still in place ready to work for your armies! You should also set taxes to none until the happyness is at it's best (content) then the lowest taxes!

About alliances: You'll have to try around ... some leaders like the diplomatic way, other like more agressive ways ...

Mauretania: first diplomatic, than aggressive, than alliance ... (i think, haven'T played for a looooong time)

Old 02-01-2005, 05:12 AM   #24
Frustrated

PLEASE HELP!! I CANT ATTACK BRITTANIA OR THAT ISLAND BY ITALY. Ok, im done with the caps lock. Anyways, its really frustrating, because i own the entire rest of the world, and all but Rome are content. Any advice?

Old 03-01-2005, 07:09 PM   #25
DSmidgy
Abandonia nerd

Build a fleet (about 20, 30 biggest ships (maby more)), then imedietly move the legion into the fleet (because unmaned fleet is easy to destroy). Then move the fleet close to the island, right-click on the fleet and move the legion to an island and battle begins ....
DSmidgy is offline                         Send a private message to DSmidgy
Old 08-01-2005, 04:21 PM   #26
JudgeDeadd
Super Freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Shambler@Nov 9 2004, 09:53 PM
This is gonna sound really retarded, but oh well. How exactly does one attack in the gladiator game? I keep getting my head handed to me because all I can do is block.
Try numeric 1.
Old 15-01-2005, 10:18 PM   #27

In the chariot races I am trying to stay on the left. I think you take the turns faster that way. You would at least in the real world.

I found the manual here : http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?name...efender+of+Rome

Old 17-01-2005, 11:30 AM   #28
Frankie
Forum hobbit

Red face

I managed to make many nations my ally but I see Mydgard gone further. I don't remembver if I ever succeeded to make Pontus, Armenia or any country in the north (except Britanny) and the ones that I forgot.

So here are my observations about making allies:

Phoenician-ruled nations - except Cartahgo (Hispania, Sicily): diplomatic, agressive, o.a.

barbarians (Britanny, Dalmatia, Arabia, Mauretania and almost Scythia [they'll never join] ): agressive, o.a.

Greek-cultured nations (Macedonia, Thracia): diplomatic, diplomatic, o.a.

pirates/raiders (Cilicia, Cyrenacia): friendly, o.a.

Egypt (heh, only for the solidity ): friendly. friendly, o.a.

And there are Narbonensis and Mesopotamia. I think the first is diplomatic, agressive, o.a. the second might be a simple agressive, tho I wouldn't call the people of that land barbarians. I'm sure I managed to make both my allies, but now I don't remember with which attitude. I'm only sure that dipl/agr 's combo will be effective.

If you have any other nation's attitude I'd appreciate your tips.
Old 24-01-2005, 09:11 AM   #29
Frankie
Forum hobbit

Edit: I managed to make an alliance with Armenia: diplomatic, diplomatic, o.a.

Arabia: dipl. , agr. , o.a.

Mesopotamia: dipl. , dipl. , o.a.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:28 PM   #30
william_is_bob

Not even total war: Rome has as much other fun elements, like participate in games and negotiate with seperate heads of states, although the 3D battles is alot better than centurion i have ot say, but it gets old.

As for chariot race, the trick is to pick the lightest chariot, and take the left side without crashing into other chariots. Once to get into the inside lane, just beat the horse untilt o ge the max speed and maintain it and ride all the wau to the end, you have to make sure you can get to the inside lane wihtotu bumping into other chariots and have no other chariots in your way. It is a bug, I remember years ago, that if you do it at the right time, you never loose a race, I use to make aseveral years pay for my troops in the circus, I got so good that i dont even gather taxes anymore.

And getting laid by cleopatra is true, I did it myself, you just see some skin and some flirting and that is it, no need to piss your pants over it.

Other than that, the game gets real old pretty quick. Someone suggested that you pull all the troops back and raise taxes and let every province rebel reconquer them over again, that is if you are bored and do not have other old dos games to play with. Which I have to say that Total War: Rome is merely a adequet sequel to centurion. Which makes you wonder, if all the good game ideas have been done and over with.

W