Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-09-2005, 05:01 PM   #51
another guest

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Sep 21 2005, 05:03 PM
I've got a copy now but when I run it in ms dos prompt it just doesn't work. Is there something I need or should it being able to run in msdos?
I don't remember if I could run it in the Dos prompt; however you can always try running it in Dosbox (which you can download together with a manual here on Abandonia). It certainly should work that way!

Old 22-09-2005, 05:41 PM   #52
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Use D-Fend - it makes things a lot easier.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 25-09-2005, 08:20 PM   #53
Guest_Hari Seldon

There's another easter egg apart from getting laid by Cleopatra

When movin your mouse over France - there were the village of Asterix & Obelix is... the text with 'all of France, no one little village... etc.'

Have patience! You have to conquer France AND move your mouse VERY sensitively over the map... it's a pixel-fine easter egg that I remember from playing the game. k:

Old 20-10-2005, 08:41 AM   #54
piller

Quote:
Originally posted by maDbiL@Oct 1 2004, 05:05 PM
I need help,can someone teach how to win the chariot game n i cant seem to get gladiatior show,saying that i cant afford it or something
it's easy, at beginer level you just have to click and move your chariot right where nobody will bother you. Start at easy level.

Old 21-10-2005, 06:17 PM   #55
Vitas

Oh yeah, this game features everything a roman warrior could want... conquer the known world, get cleopatra and be named emperor...and perhaps be killed on the Ides of March
Vitas is offline                         Send a private message to Vitas
Old 21-10-2005, 09:47 PM   #56
*Happy*

Ah, this game. So simple, yet so good, so addictive. A must-try. Nothing more need be said.

Old 21-11-2005, 09:57 PM   #57
*Happy*

Quote:
Originally posted by another_guest+Nov 19 2005, 12:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (another_guest @ Nov 19 2005, 12:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Guest@Nov 19 2005, 11:15 AM
Where is teh manual!
Feel free to ask what you want to know, I've never seen or used a manual; the whole game is pretty straight-forward so it should be easy for us to explain. [/b][/quote]
I think a manual (or maybe a walkthrough with all controls listed) was available somewhere on the net. I remember everything in the land battles was done by mouse, while the gladiator fights, chariot races and ship battles used the arrow keys (for the gladiators you need to press 2 keys at once to perform certain attacks). The ship battles also use the enter key and space bar. That's all there is to it.

Old 28-02-2006, 07:57 PM   #58
pdubs

I loved this game when it first came out. I remember stumbling across that bit during negotiations with Cleopatra - you don't have to wait until the end, but you need to be pretty powerful for it to work.

Here's another trick - instead of paying big-time for the best gladiators, get two cheap ones, and then just defend with your shield the whole fight. You can watch the crowd get worked up, and once they are maxed out, end the battle and you will have a happy Rome.

Old 20-04-2006, 05:51 PM   #59
Raasted
Abandonia nerd

Yeah, it really is a shame - not being able to download Centurion anymore - great game!

'bout the chariot-racing-thing - as said before in the thread: Not too much speed in the start of the race, and keep right - everything will be fine.... (Shulduggery is another option) - and of course buying the best chariot also helps...

Concerning the diplomatic solution when "invading" other parts of Europe - what's the fun part of that? Everybody wants to killkillkill - not talk your way through

/Raasted :bye:
Raasted is offline                         Send a private message to Raasted
Old 21-04-2006, 01:32 AM   #60
Kearnsy
Games Master

Well actually its more like killkillkill until 2 soldier die then runrunrun!
ahh, when will those Gauls learn.
Kearnsy is offline                         Send a private message to Kearnsy