Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-01-2006, 12:31 AM   #2001
bahman
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by PET@Dec 27 2005, 04:23 AM
:help:* :help: Sometimes when i start a mission, i get an windows error. The error with the 2 buttons, Send and Don't Send, i forghot that name. Any ideeas how to stop this ?
I think allien (bugs in the program) are trying to nullifies your computer. The only available soultion to the best of human knowledge is to save your game before any mission.
bahman is offline                         Send a private message to bahman
Old 01-01-2006, 05:30 AM   #2002
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Quote:
To lose a funder, does an alien ship have to land in the capital of a country? Also, sometimes I can see the cities and everything if you zoom, and sometimes not. Know how to get it so I can when I can't
Yes and no, aliens infiltrate funders by landing and remplacing leaders by clones, the obketive of this mission its to cut X-com funding and this tipe of missions doesn´t be in the early game. An inflitrated country its more likely to sign the secret pact but if u manage to make a wonderfull perfonmance, the funder will keep his status. Also no infiltrated countries that see that u are unable to stop aliens will firm the pact. Each mission has a level of alarm for the people(the are the funders). A terror mission generates the max of public alarm and an alien´s research mission does too little. An alien infiltration hijack the govern but does no public alarm. Always a mission need the an ufo lands or overflight the zone at low speed. But it can be that your radars didn´t detect the ufo. Also the aliens base generates a level alien activity without ufos. That means that an alien base can make inlitrations and other missions without give u the chance of stop them.

And blue, u are lost.... concentrate in the protection of at least 4(i am not sure about this number so try to make it a 5 or 6) funders beacause if u left too few u will be defeated. Make succesfull missions your finaces by solding their equipment. The key its against who are u fighting, floaters are weak at combat and weak at MC, snakemens are a little harder at combat and no MC, sectoid a worst than floaters at combat and some MC, mutons the harder opponent in normal combat and no MC, ethereals average at combat and all of them got MC. Avoid ethereals and be carefull against sectoids and mutons, use as train the other people. Select squad and equipment based on this last. Erradicate the bases to get points and make funder happier

Quote:
You have to be zoomed to a certain level to see this, and pressing any key enables/disables this.
And where its the key "any"
Old 01-01-2006, 08:57 AM   #2003
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by laiocfar@Jan 1 2006, 06:30 AM
Also the aliens base generates a level alien activity without ufos. That means that an alien base can make inlitrations and other missions without give u the chance of stop them.
Most of the time you can spot them quite easily because of the big number of supply ships landing at that base.
And if anyone is really desparate to find those alien bases, at least in the older versions of the game they always appeared in the same places
Plus, you've always got the graphs to tell you in which countries the aliens have been the most active.
Old 01-01-2006, 08:33 PM   #2004
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Also, if the time pases the x-com agents will give u the location that u werent able to locate yourself.
Old 01-01-2006, 11:13 PM   #2005
Cockroach
Abandonia nerd

From what I've seen from playing the game, is that infiltration has about a 25% chance of working and you sending an attack on the landed UFO has no effect on the outcome. You can have a score of +10,000 in that country and still lose it at the end of the month if the RNG gives you a bad roll.

As for bases. They tend to raise scores in practice, if you raid them for kills and weapons and also asault the supply ships. I've never seen a country that I had a presence in stop funding because of a base. Only to pittifully low scores or infilrations.

Quote:
And where its the key "any"
press 'Enter' and you turn on/off the markings on the map.
Cockroach is offline                         Send a private message to Cockroach
Old 02-01-2006, 11:35 AM   #2006
blue123
Abandonia nerd

In fact, any key (Like A, H, or P) works. I just started again, and I'm into My with 9 mill funding. I've noticed that you don't get attacked if you'vre only got one base.
blue123 is offline                         Send a private message to blue123
Old 02-01-2006, 01:07 PM   #2007
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

My experience is that a monthly score of 3000 and anything above that will work on difficulties below superhuman (never dared to try that one, so I have no idea if this still applies there) to keep countries allied. Every now and then they might cease their funding for a while, but at least they usually don't sign pacts with the aliens.

The side effect of alien bases is a very high alien activity. So if you're not present in such a country, you're bound to lose it.
But like Cockroach said, you could see alien bases as much as an opportunity (to improve your score + quite some "spoils of war") as a threat.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:57 PM   #2008
blue123
Abandonia nerd

Yeah, I lost Japan because I didn't have a base there while the aliens did. Can you get back funders you've lost?

A TIP: Don't build a new base if you haven't researched armours and better weapons than rifles!
Old 02-01-2006, 06:38 PM   #2009

hmm..the game won't start anymore, something with a code or key...

can anyone help me with this?

Old 02-01-2006, 07:05 PM   #2010
blue123
Abandonia nerd

More details, please.