Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-09-2010, 08:51 AM   #361
BostonGeorge
Game freak

I always remember the first time I played it together with my friend at the age of 10. Well, somehow we managed to get through the game although we haven't had our first english class at that time and we were really frightend about that game.

It was such a joy and alleviation when at last you'll get out of this nightmare and hear the birds chirping. Never forget this game moment
Old 31-10-2010, 03:06 PM   #362
Kelly
Default problems getting game to start

hello
I'm having some problems getting the alone in the dark game to work properly. I've managed to get dos box installed thanks to the tutorial thread and have got other games to work so I think it's all installed correctly.

I have extracted the AITD game to the folder c:\oldgames\AITD as suggested by the dosbox tutorial guide. I have read the readme file in the main AITD folder and it says that if your dosbox isn't installed in C:\dos then you need to chane some settings - target and something else I can't remember. My dosbox is installed at C:\Program Files (x86)\DOSBox-0.74\DOSBox.exe.

It also says to change the indark2.cfg file if your game is installed anywhere else from c:\aitd - like I said before mine is installed in an oldgames folder.

If I try to run the .exe file I get a message as follows:
error: no CD found
No cd rom driver

I have tried to change the things it says but I can't get it to work. any ideas?

thanks in advance

Old 01-11-2010, 03:11 AM   #363
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

I don't remember having to play around with this game at all to get it to work. Redownload the game, delete the old version, place the new one in C:\oldgames\aitd. Start Dosbox.

Mount c c:\oldgames
C:\
Cd aitd
alone

Let us know if that works.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 01-11-2010, 04:56 AM   #364
Kelly

still nothing.

I have deleted the old directory and reinstalled it so that the game is saved in the c:\oldgames\aitd directory (where it was before).

according to the dosbox tutorial guide I have already modified the conf file so that the autoexec bit reads as follows:
mount c: c:\oldgames
c:
c:\nc\nc.exe

when in that norton commander thing, if I try to run the indark.exe file by clicking on it I get the "no cd driver" error I mentioned before.

Old 01-11-2010, 05:19 AM   #365
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Okay I am turning this one over to a more experienced member....this rip version doesn't want to work on my computer either. And I am a little too busy today to play around with it.

Try moving the AITD to your C:\ directroy. (Should look like C:\AITD) and running the shortcut, don't try and mount it with your Dosbox.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 01-11-2010, 06:26 AM   #366
dosraider
Dismembered.

In the subfolder \aitd\cd\ there is a fake CD image, you must mount it with imgmount in dosbox as D:

If you have the AITD folder in c:\oldgames\ your mount lines become:

mount c c:\oldgames
imgmount d c:\oldgames\aitd\cd\alone1.cue -t iso
c:
cd aitd
cd indark
indark

Forget N.Commander for now.
Also forget that dosbox link in the archive, it's a worthless method.
You can add all those mount lines under [autoexec] if you want or put them in a batch file.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 View Post
Try moving the AITD to your C:\ directroy.
Don't do that, NEVER.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*

Last edited by dosraider; 01-11-2010 at 07:37 AM. Reason: typozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 01-11-2010, 07:16 AM   #367
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

I don't know why we have this on site....the method for running it no longer works without being played with. While it's nice that it has the voice overs and that from the CD if people really want that they can get it from the ISO cellar. The version I have lacks music and voice overs but still has sound effects....and it is much easier to run. It's also only around 6mb rather then 80mb. Just my thoughts really.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:38 AM   #368
Kelly

ok I'll give that a go when I get home tonight. I'll let you know how I get on.

Old 01-11-2010, 11:18 AM   #369
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

There are specific instructions at the bottom of the review. You need to unarchive it in your REAL C:\ directory, and run the game using the DOSBox shorcut (by double-clicking it)...
Old 01-11-2010, 11:37 AM   #370
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

I did all that TA and it failed to work. As I said its just my thoughts. To me it's a complicated way of getting it work, when a much easier way could be made.