Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-12-2015, 09:43 AM   #1
starfiretbt

Default can I transfer old games to new computer?

I just bought a new computer and I want to know if I can transfer all my dos games to my new computer. I use D-Fend Reloaded and I see multiple options to "make archive file package," is this what I want to do? I am afraid of screwing up and would like to know exactly how to transfer my old games to my new computer.
starfiretbt is offline                         Send a private message to starfiretbt
Old 28-12-2015, 04:37 AM   #2
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

I can say that DOS games are not binded to anything, so you can simply copy over full dir with D-Fend to the new computer without losing anything about games itself.

Unfortunately, I am not so sure about D-Fend - I never used it. In particular, how exactly it handles games parameters. So while I am totally sure that reinstalling D-Fend at the new computer in the same dir where you put old one will fix frontend - but I still have no idea if it will restore it's _old system_ functionality, sorry. :/ It can be something something in the "My Document" folder, so wait for more qualified answer...
Old 29-12-2015, 07:19 PM   #3
starfiretbt

Okay I got it figured out, d-fend does allow for transfer of games using the archive file package, but it seems to be one at a time, I'm all in the clear.
starfiretbt is offline                         Send a private message to starfiretbt