Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-05-2019, 03:43 PM   #1
Zardoz56

Angry Cave and dragon and treasures

I used to play a DOS game that was about a guy who would enter a cave in the side of a mountain and he would search for treasures. It was a single player game that started with a simple weapon like a small sword but the weapon would change with each beast you killed until the end where you have to fight the dragon. I remember that I would walk the man from left to right but the screen did not scroll automatically. This was a very simple game without much fanfare, but I liked it. It was NOT in a dungeon or well, just a simple cave. The graphics were nice looking considering the DOS features. I wish that I could remember more. It was played by me about the same time that I played "Elf Bowling". I will try any games that are suggested.

I thank you in advance.
Zardoz56 is offline                         Send a private message to Zardoz56
Old 28-05-2019, 09:06 PM   #2
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz56 View Post

I used to play a DOS game that was about a guy who would enter a cave in the side of a mountain and he would search for treasures. It was a single player game that started with a simple weapon like a small sword but the weapon would change with each beast you killed until the end where you have to fight the dragon. I remember that I would walk the man from left to right but the screen did not scroll automatically. This was a very simple game without much fanfare, but I liked it. It was NOT in a dungeon or well, just a simple cave. The graphics were nice looking considering the DOS features. I wish that I could remember more. It was played by me about the same time that I played "Elf Bowling". I will try any games that are suggested.

I thank you in advance.

I am not sure, but I thought of a few games:

Gods;
Super Solvers: Challenge of the Ancient Empires!.

Their inconsistencies with your game description:

Gods - the Character is not exactly in a Cave, he finds treasures and weapons, but he moves from right to left and left to right...
Super Solvers: Challenge of the Ancient Empires! - The character enters a Cave or Tomb, he finds the treasures, but there is no Dragon...
Old 29-05-2019, 10:25 AM   #3
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Elf Bowling is quite advanced game. I checked Moby, and it says, it from 1999.Are you sure that your game is DOS? Can it be some browser-based game? Or simple (Windows) shareware? Anyway, what else can you remember? Is it platforming (i.e. Jumping up and down) in game? Is it linear (one room - one monster)? How battles looks (realtime, turn-based, automatic)? What graphics?

Last edited by Smiling Spectre; 29-05-2019 at 10:31 AM.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 04-06-2019, 01:30 AM   #4
Zardoz56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
Elf Bowling is quite advanced game. I checked Moby, and it says, it from 1999.Are you sure that your game is DOS? Can it be some browser-based game? Or simple (Windows) shareware? Anyway, what else can you remember? Is it platforming (i.e. Jumping up and down) in game? Is it linear (one room - one monster)? How battles looks (realtime, turn-based, automatic)? What graphics?
Yes the game was DOS, in '97-'99 time frame, no jumping just walking through the cave and its pathways,battles were in real-time, weapon improves with each victory starting with either a short sword or a bow & arrow set, colorful graphics and fair animation. I want to say that you have to fight a powerful dragon on the last level and that it may take a "BFG" to get it done.

My thanks to all.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:36 AM   #5
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Well, sorry, I have no idea about the game, and my searches returns nothing.

But maybe narrowing will help. So another set of questions:
How game is played - top-down, side-view, 1st person? Is it fighting-like 1vs1 battles, or arcade-ish "player against horde"? Do you have freedom of movement, and can leave the battle any time, or locked in it? Can you choose where to go, or game is linear?
Old 06-06-2019, 09:16 PM   #6
Zardoz56

Thanks for trying but I give up. Sorry.