Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-05-2006, 06:29 PM   #21
Balious

Quote:
There's supposed to be number down the bottom for Ammo? Not with me. The numbers of various army and police show, though.
for me to see that i have to hold space and it comes up for ammo... but i can never get the sound or music to work in game and how do you actually go out with dusty(the radio woman) and to stop the ants without you dying in sun is to kill as many of them as possible. after a while they should start running away(yes it takes ages but it has to be done) and the nest is by M1 which there are three ways to get to. way 1 take a plane there. way 2 go through M1. way 3 get a tank from a battle(yes you gotta be there still) and drive to M1.

Old 27-07-2006, 04:12 PM   #22
Satarrash

I need help!
I can make game work but it's really slow. I saw in read me file that i should try and start game with some '/V/I' komands but thats for DOS starting. As i'm playing from xp wins is there any way to edit game to play smoothly?

thx to who ever help me. I would really like to play this game

Old 27-07-2006, 04:33 PM   #23

Try using dosbox! As this game was built for MS-DOS, it won´t run properly under XP...

By the way: For me, the dos version sucks. Amiga version is waaay better!

Old 06-09-2006, 06:22 PM   #24
Nutmilk

You guys are all insane. This is one of the absolute WORST games ive ever played.

why?

clumsy interface,
poor gamepaly,
crap graphics,
buggy.

jsut overall a muck game.

Old 23-09-2006, 06:26 PM   #25
thebes
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Niles @ Jun 29 2004, 04:22 PM) [snapback]4287[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
The review does not mention the movie this game is based upon just that game is enspired by B-movies from the fifties. There is actually a movie called "It came from the desert" (I saw it ) and it has the exact plot of the game.
You might want to mention that in the review.
[/b]
the movie actually was "Them". saw it many times as a kid. Was great on Amiga!!! I did not finish it though. Had to leave Amiga sniff
Luke 7:23 And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.
thebes is offline                         Send a private message to thebes
Old 13-06-2007, 04:18 PM   #26
Loraen

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Toxik @ Dec 15 2005, 04:02 PM) [snapback]189465[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by SupSuper@Dec 15 2005, 04:53 PM

Anyways, I always lose everytime I play, can never figure out what I'm supposed to do to permanently kill the ants. Mayor will never believe me until he finally runs away or get killed, the Uni guy keeps telling me the same thing over and over again until he gets killed and there's a bunch of pointless side stories.
I've heard it's easier to figure out the solution if you watch the movie the game's based on, maybe I should get it.
You must find the ants nest and kill the queen.Theres a person who knows where it is from the very begining of the game...
I always get lost in the tunnels though
[/b]
I seem to recall that the nest entrance is completely hidden until day 17 or so and you need to find or DIY a flamethrower (get gasoline from the station for ammo), which you'll use inside the nest instead of grenades. Back when the game was new and I was young and clueless about copyrights and legal issues, I played a pirated version on the Amiga .. the game crashed everytime I found my way to the bottom level of the ant nest. :wallbash:

Old 23-09-2007, 11:53 AM   #27
AmigaOCS

Quote:
You must find the ants nest and kill the queen.Theres a person who knows where it is from the very begining of the game...[/b]
I seem to recall this too, I can't remember if they say it directly, or if it's just hinted at... something tells me it's the woman or maybe she says something about her son playing around up there around M1?

After 15+ years still trying to figure out where to find/make the flamethrower though

By the way, the weather line on the telephone is useful as on the days when it's too cold you can be pretty sure you won't encounter any ants (at least, earlier on before Day 15 anyway)...

The more you keep them at bay earlier on though the easier it is the get to the end nest later in the game, as if you haven't bothered chasing them away from various locations the entire town becomes overrun
AmigaOCS is offline                         Send a private message to AmigaOCS
Old 02-05-2009, 07:40 PM   #28
seanex

Thanks for putting this game up. I have good memories of playing this on my friends Amiga, pretty much the only thing I can remember playing on it unfortunately. I like the B-Movie atmosphere, can anyone recommend a game with something similar?
Old 17-06-2009, 06:13 PM   #29
gumpy
Game freak

To get the sound effects to work in DOSBOX, change the Soundblaster IRQ from 7 to 3 in the Dosbox config, and then run the setup for the game and select Soundblaster sound. The game's digitized sound effects will then play in the game.
gumpy is offline                         Send a private message to gumpy
Old 05-08-2010, 09:15 AM   #30
g3rt

Default Great Game

This is one of the best 1st person adventures ever made. the graphics are soooo great.

does anyone else experience the "sleep for 0 hours"-bug, no matter how lons he sleeps (I slept for 2 weeks and it still says 0 hours).
g3rt is offline                         Send a private message to g3rt