Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-10-2005, 11:39 PM   #11
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Abandonia tends to keep the freeware games they have on this site.
Abuse is still here, and so is 5 Days a Stranger and 7 Days a Skeptic.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 14-10-2005, 06:39 AM   #12
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

The review will stay here, but it may happen that the link will not let you download the game, but will take you to AR.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 15-12-2005, 04:57 AM   #13
Thaluikhain

Really like this game. Has anyone seen the old movie "Them"? I was originally disappointed that it wasn't closer to that movie, but then it didn't seem to matter.

The interface is lousy, using only arrow keys and space (in lieu of a joystick), but still loads of fun. It isn't really a game, but a bunch of small ones put together. Can figure out how to escape from the hospital though. It's always the two stationed at the door which get me. Maybe I should lure them away.

Oh, and I must have done something in a wrong order, as there is reference to something that hasn't actually happened, which makes it awkward.

And I'm at the end of the game, with little chance of winning, which means I'll have to start over, which is never as fun.

Oh, and I can see a pump action shotgun to the right of the door in my house. Can I actually use that instead of my revolver? And if you deploy troops to a place with ants there, and you go there, aren't they supposed to help you fight them?

Old 15-12-2005, 06:25 AM   #14
Thaluikhain

Been palying some more. The music doesn't work, and the game crashed after a very pointless love scene.

It's nice how you can do things differently the 2nd time round. But most of the time I spend driving round looking for something interesting to turn up, and then getting pointlessly hospitalised. You can get at least to day 7 with 1 sleep action without trying if you are (un)lucky.

But because of you can do things differently, the continuity suffers. Theres lots of reference to events that have taken place a while ago that you haven't heard of. And I'm sick of going to Dr H.G. Wells (no really), and him saying that the thing is amazingly an ant, and that those ants could destroy the world

Old 15-12-2005, 01:53 PM   #15
SupSuper
Games Master

The army does help you if you go to a place where you've put them in, like tanks and stuff. They usually suck though, most of the time I have to fight off the ants alone with just my grenades. Usually I cause more damage to the buildings than the ants :P
Btw, is there a way to run away from the battle without ending up in the hospital for "too much time in the sun"?

And to get away from the hospital you have to go to the bottom floor and escape out the door (yes you have to distract the guards near it). It's easier if you get the wheelchair, serious speed boost. Also, you move faster diagonally.

Anyways, I always lose everytime I play, can never figure out what I'm supposed to do to permanently kill the ants. Mayor will never believe me until he finally runs away or get killed, the Uni guy keeps telling me the same thing over and over again until he gets killed and there's a bunch of pointless side stories.
I've heard it's easier to figure out the solution if you watch the movie the game's based on, maybe I should get it.
SupSuper is offline                         Send a private message to SupSuper
Old 15-12-2005, 02:02 PM   #16
Toxik
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by SupSuper@Dec 15 2005, 04:53 PM

Anyways, I always lose everytime I play, can never figure out what I'm supposed to do to permanently kill the ants. Mayor will never believe me until he finally runs away or get killed, the Uni guy keeps telling me the same thing over and over again until he gets killed and there's a bunch of pointless side stories.
I've heard it's easier to figure out the solution if you watch the movie the game's based on, maybe I should get it.
You must find the ants nest and kill the queen.Theres a person who knows where it is from the very begining of the game...
I always get lost in the tunnels though
Toxik is offline                         Send a private message to Toxik
Old 16-12-2005, 10:14 AM   #17
Thaluikhain

The army never seems to be there when I fight the ants. And do you run out of grenades? If so, is there a way to find out how many you have left? And if you kill enough the rest wander off, though I'm not sure if you should follow them.

And I'm sick of getting hospitalised, and failing to break out. Argh.

Old 17-12-2005, 08:55 AM   #18
Thaluikhain

And now the game refuses to work at all, not even opening the program. And I can't re-download it cause the download thingy isn't working

Old 18-12-2005, 05:33 PM   #19
SupSuper
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Thaluikhain@Dec 16 2005, 11:14 AM
The army never seems to be there when I fight the ants.* And do you run out of grenades?* If so, is there a way to find out how many you have left?* And if you kill enough the rest wander off, though I'm not sure if you should follow them.

And I'm sick of getting hospitalised, and failing to break out.* Argh.
That's odd, I usually have tanks backing me up when I put the army there (you can also control those tanks yourself).
The numbers at the bottom of the screen show your ammo. You can also hold space and use left/right to change your weapon (you can call in airstrikes). It takes a lot of effort to defeat the ants solo though, specially since you can run out of grenades, so you gotta make them count.

You should avoid getting hospitalised. Always sleep when needed (there's not much you can do at night anyways, most places are closed/empty then) and avoid getting caught by the ants or getting in trouble with the townsfolk. You can always save before doing dangerous stuff and if you get hospitalised, load and try again
SupSuper is offline                         Send a private message to SupSuper
Old 09-01-2006, 10:14 AM   #20
Thaluikhain

There's supposed to be number down the bottom for Ammo? Not with me. The numbers of various army and police show, though.